Hughes non-TD

pennstate10

It was an obvious forward pass, as mentioned same play that the Bills often run to McKenzie.  Normally though the receiver is spaced a littler further forward so more obvious. Since he was so close the arm did go forward but didn't need to go forward very much as the guy was so close, kind of in shot put motion.  Probably one of the most ugly attempts I've sen of that play, but it was the correct call.

I'd go as far to say if you want to argue that was fumble, then the play by Allen maybe in the 2nd quarter where the arm  got hit as he threw was also a fumble. 

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

This has nothing to d with Bills goggles. 

His arm wasn't hit. 

It's simple. 

If the ball moved forward, it was a forward pas. 

If it didn't go forward, it wasn't. 

If you're not wearing Bills goggles, then you need to have your eyes checked.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

This has nothing to d with Bills goggles. 

His arm wasn't hit. 

It's simple. 

If the ball moved forward, it was a forward pas. 

If it didn't go forward, it wasn't. 

If the QB, drops, pushes or passes the ball forward, it is a forward pass and in this case, incomplete.  Watch what JA does on the jet sweep with McKenzie.  The exact same thing.

26 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I get it wasn't a fumble. 

Was it a forward pass?

from the views shown, it looked like the ball went straight down, not forward, from the instant it left his hand.

in which case it was a backward pass, recoverable by the defense. 

It was the right call. That is why every team runs those plays. Takes the Fumble out of Play. And it was forward Baker was deeper than Hunt and ball went thru Hunts arms 

15 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The rule is that is has to go forward to be a pass, it went straight down, it was a fumble. 

It couldn’t have. Jesus Baker was deeper than Hunt and the ball went between Hunt’s arm and Body. 

17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It looks like it’s going forward to me 

yep forward pass 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

Yes, it was a forward pass.  The Bills run the same play every week with McKenzie.  The idea is to drop and let the player catch it.  

From the video replay there was no indication the ball went foward.  It looked like it went straight up and down. That was a fumble.

Worst part was the nonsensical justification the ref gave that his arm was moving forward!

Game should have been over, non the less, had opportunities after the missed call.

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

From the video replay there was no indication the ball went foward.  It looked like it went straight up and down. That was a fumble.

Worst part was the nonsensical justification the ref gave that his arm was moving forward!

Game should have been over, non the less, had opportunities after the missed call.

proper call. Sorry arm motion is forward. Hunt is in front of Baker. Proper call 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Yes he dropped it forward.  The arm was moving forward when he dropped it thus an incomplete pass.

3 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

Yes he dropped it forward.  The arm was moving forward when he dropped it thus an incomplete pass.

For the last time guys, just because your ARM is going forward doesnt mean that the BALL will go forward.

Watch the Harlem Globetrotters some time.

Or pretend that you threw a ball just barely forward, into a 60 mph wind, and it fell behind you.

Its where the ball goes, not your arm.

In this case, it looked like Bakers arm was going sideways, not perpendicular with respect to the LOS.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

The ball went from point A to point A.  Arm direction doesn't matter (I would think).  Unless i'm way off base here, but his arms were lobbing the ball straight up in the air.

7 minutes ago, Richmond_Bills said:

Oh my god people.  The ball went forward.  It went through Hunts arms who was IN FRONT of Mayfield.  

Watch the replay.  Bakers arms hold the ball while fully extended... imagine a volley ball player bumping the ball straight up in the air.  There is room for a player to get underneath where his arms were

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

proper call. Sorry arm motion is forward. Hunt is in front of Baker. Proper call 

Such confidence but your justifications make no sense.  If someone were to provide an actual justification I would be thrilled.

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

For the last time guys, just because your ARM is going forward doesnt mean that the BALL will go forward.

Watch the Harlem Globetrotters some time.

Or pretend that you threw a ball just barely forward, into a 60 mph wind, and it fell behind you.

Its where the ball goes, not your arm.

In this case, it looked like Bakers arm was going sideways, not perpendicular with respect to the LOS.

wrong. Hence why Allen has an Incomplete pass EARLIER in the game when Garret hit him. Side arm (Garret has his arm pinned) and ball went str8 down. So that should have been a Fumble too you are saying?

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

Mayfield releases the ball from his hand at the 20.5 yard line and it lands at the 20.25 yard line.

Hard to tell for sure, but also no way to think the ball goes forward from the replay.  The call should not have been overturned IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

The ball went from point A to point A.  Arm direction doesn't matter (I would think).  Unless i'm way off base here, but his arms were lobbing the ball straight up in the air.

Watch the replay.  Bakers arms hold the ball while fully extended... imagine a volley ball player bumping the ball straight up in the air.  There is room for a player to get underneath where his arms were

If his arms were straight out, then he would have hit Hunt.  Just stop.  They got the call right.