Singletary finishes with EIGHT rushing attempts

wiseman3

11 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

8 rushing attempts against the 30th ranked D against the run, and 41 pass attempts against the 4th ranked D against the pass. Daboll needs to go

I figured this would happen as soon as the  Browns got the lead and if it were the other way around we might have seen the Singletary of last week. 20 carries for 95 yards, 3 receptions for 45 yards. 

Daboll did this all last season when the opponent got the lead...he goes pass happy with a young, inexperienced QB... against a defense this week with the #2 in the NFL sack leader!

8 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

And yet he had only 21 yards on 5 carries in the second half. One of those a 10-yard run. 4 for 11 yards on the other 4 carries. That's only a 4.025 yard average and just under half of those came on one carry.

Running the ball wasn't exactly working too well in the second half. People really act like a 2 or 3 yard run is better than a 6 or 7 yard pass. I don't get it.

Yeah, but you stay with it. The Bills shut down Chubb on a few downs, but the Browns stuck with him. Five carries in an entire half does not show patience--or intelligence, not when you're going against a poor run defense with an excellent back and opt instead for a QB with one receiver going against an excellent pass defense. Boggles the mind. 

The trenches are still the weak point of this team...o-line can't run block very well or pass protect consistently..d-line can't get pressure on the qb nor push opposing o-lines back on rush attempts....Daboll absolutely needs relieved of his duties or at the very least remanded to the booth for the rest of the year....still don't think the booth will help Dabol bc he shows a total misunderstanding of situational play calling

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

8 rushing attempts against the 30th ranked D against the run, and 41 pass attempts against the 4th ranked D against the pass. Daboll needs to go

I agree, Gore cannot get to the outside and is a one dimensional inside power runner. How Singletary doesn’t get 20 carries a game is ***** mind boggling. 

Either way we lost to Cleveland, even if we do somehow squeeze into the playoffs my expectations are low. 

I think its now safe to say that you need a new OC and picking another QB if he fall to you in the draft is definitely on the table.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

McD sets the guidance.  So if Daboll needs to go should McClappy get yet ANOTHER hire at OC?

should I also Add WRs open all over QB couldn’t hit them consistently. 

But is Firing Daboll gets me closer to Firing McD I am all for it 

4 drops.
>>> Open WR <-- ???

Just now, Billever76 said:

The trenches are still the weak point of this team...oline cant run block very well or pass protect consistently..dline can get pressure on the qb nor push opposing olines back on rush attempts....daboll absolutely needs relieved of his duties or at the very least remanded to the booth for the rest of the year....still don't think the booth will help dabol bc he shows a total misunderstanding of situational play calling

Pass protection for the most part has been A plus. Allen has to learn to slide up into the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, finn said:

Yeah, but you stay with it. The Bills shut down Chubb on a few downs, but the Browns stuck with him. Five carries in an entire half does not show patience--or intelligence, not when you're going against a poor run defense with an excellent back and opt instead for a QB with one receiver going against an excellent pass defense. Boggles the mind. 

That's why he didn't get more carries. When you're not getting yards on your carries you're putting the team in a passing down. A lot of Bills drives die when we run too much too. Why people can't admit that is beyond me. 

Like I've said many times in the past... there's a reason why passing the ball usually averages at least 3 more yards per play than running it does. I'm glad the Bills finally want to be a passing team.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Pass protection for the most part has been A plus. Allen has to learn to slide up into the pocket. 

So Dawkins letting Garret get clean off the edge twice.

16 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Mobile, Ala. -- When new Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll spoke for the first time since he was hired, he wasn't ready to open up the playbook or evaluate the roster.

But in those 10 minutes at the Senior Bowl, Daboll did give some insight into what some of his core offensive beliefs are as well as what he picked up over his career as an offensive coordinator in college and the pros.

"I've been doing this for a long time, and again it comes down to preparation throughout the week," Daboll said. "You have to understand what your players do well, the strengths of your players, and then you have to try to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the team your playing. There's no secret recipe to a good call. You have to put the time and the work in just like the players do to give yourself a good chance."

Forsaking his foundation...I imagine the end is near for Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And some people think our O coordinator Cueball isn't a problem.  Sigletary 8 carries, Gore 5.  13 rushes by backs against a team that struggled stopping the run.  There is no confidence in the running game.

Possession before half - missed FG

possession after half.... plays 27 yards - Punt

possession after safety...3 and out

Three straight possessions and no points.  What a hot mess

Edited by Azucho98