Josh Allen - week TEN report card

rayray808

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The pass hits you in both hands you catch the ball in the big league.  

How about when your wide receiver is wide open on a slant or a first down?

How about when your wide receiver is 3 yards behind a defense for a touchdown?

How does that work in the big league?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

So I just watched Allen's post game presser.  He is taking it all on his shoulders.  He didn't complete enough passes.  He isn't throwing long passes well enough, he doesn't know what's going wrong.

I don't know if Allen can become a franchise QB but we are going to trash this guy if he doesn't get some support.  He needs a run game.  He needs to not be TRYING to convert on 3rd and 4 with a long bomb.  8 carries from Singletary all game?  C'mon Daboll!  Be better.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How about when your wide receiver is wide open on a slant or a first down?

How about when your wide receiver is 3 yards behind a defense for a touchdown?

How does that work in the big league?

The result we just witnessed sadly. There is blame all around on the loss, placing it all on Allen is just nonsense. We left opportunities all over the field today unfortunately. 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

The result we just witnessed sadly. There is blame all around on the loss, placing it all on Allen is just nonsense. We left opportunities all over the field today unfortunately. 

He’s the damned first round QB. When he is the third best Allen currently playing QB in the NFL.

Freaking Minshew looks 10 times better and he just got benched.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When you have a WR running downfield with about 5 yards separation...you can’t always throw it 5 yards over his head.  
Allen leaves points on the field.

McD this week in practice should pair Smoke and Foster  and throw 100 deep balls until they hit consistently. I have no idea wth is going on with his deep passes?

It needs to get fixed as I stated earlier. 

Edited by Real McCoy

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I just watched Allen's post game presser.  He is taking it all on his shoulders.  He didn't complete enough passes.  He isn't throwing long passes well enough, he doesn't know what's going wrong.

I don't know if Allen can become a franchise QB but we are going to trash this guy if he doesn't get some support.  He needs a run game.  He needs to not be TRYING to convert on 3rd and 4 with a long bomb.  8 carries from Singletary all game?  C'mon Daboll!  Be better.

In this offseason, we desperately need another playmaker at RB to go with Singletary, and a legit WR opposite Brown.  Moves Beasley solely into the slot and Knox has a huge ceiling.  

OL is solid, but could use an upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not good enough. 

No-one can say that until Dabol is fired...he is ruining the true potential in allen....he is pass happy and abandoning the run..its putting all the pressure and spotlight on allen....dabol is 10times more of an issue than allen

Edited by Billever76
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn’t this why we used so much draft capital to get Allen? To overcome some things and lead the offense to 20 points every now and then?

Why are we treating Allen like he is just another guy?

And speaking of Daboll being better, the last time he didn’t have Allen under center the Bills put up 41 points.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He looks decisive and seems to be going through his progressions with the result of a much-improved intermediate game. I see progress in footwork and in avoiding reckless “hero ball.” I don’t know what happened to his long ball, but if he manages to connect on a few, I imagine it will be a confidence boost akin to the impact the Foster connection made last year. We deserved a loss like this after the Jets kicker gave us the win. We’re generally still on the right track other than the run D and pass rush (might take more than next offseason to fix). I don’t think any GM could have handled the offseason much better. Last year’s offense was inexcusable. This year’s is a solid base, and we will be competitive if we nail the coming draft and free agency. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, marky said:

Look at all the people who signed up without a profile pic. A few thousand offshore, turn some targeted ads, and Bills are in rebuild mode for another 3 years.

Football wise, all you want from the QB is ability to make every throw in the playbook. It's almost impossible to do, and Allen can throw. Everything else is on the team.

Instead of clearing it up you threw more mud on it.

49 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I refuse to grade him at all when we have Andre frickin Roberts in at WR for half the game as he drops a very catchable 30 yard pass. We just don't have any truly dynamic playmakers who make catches they aren't supposed to. Beane has alot of work to do

This. John Brown is a very good #2 receiver. Beasley is a solid slot receiver. Not good that our next guy down is a career kick returner and then we have McKenzie as a gadget guy. But I also don't know where we're going to find a top end receiver next year. If Green becomes available I'd sign him as a stop gap and draft a WR in the 1st round.