Josh Allen - week TEN report card

rayray808

5 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I refuse to grade him at all when we have Andre frickin Roberts in at WR for half the game as he drops a very catchable 30 yard pass. We just don't have any truly dynamic playmakers who make catches they aren't supposed to. Beane has alot of work to do

Going into Allen’s rookie year with no veteran mentor, offensive line or skill position talent other than McCoy is the case study in how to stunt your Wyoming rookie QB’s development. There’s also no excuse for failing to evaluate Benjamin’s work ethic/conditioning having worked with him in Carolina. Jones was also not the right tool for a team without any threats besides McCoy, and it’s more than simple hindsight to say that we should have taken a more physical talent like Schuster instead of a gadget player who was never going to be a primary option. 

But the off-season changes to the offense have proven to be as much as one could ask for in a single offseason. Beane has shown a strong draft track record and did well in free agency. I’m optimistic that we’ll be able to add 2-3 impact players in the upcoming draft and use our cap space to pick up a pass rusher/tackle from a solid crop of veterans. This will be a genuinely competitive team next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Allen actually played pretty decent today even though many here want to place him as the blame to today's loss.There were several key drops by players today which hurt.

Allen has to get this long ball straightened out NOW. 

The 2 min drive needs more leadership/direction from Allen get plays off quicker. We should have been playing for a TD and not a FG to tie a game. 

B-

Who were these “several key drops” by?????

• Like (+1) 1

I mean we can criticize Allen, he certainly shares some of the blame. But these receivers simply don't attack the football when it's thrown at them. Knox in the endzone was just ridiculous. How do you have that much size on a guy and all you can manage is to fall sideways and let the CB inside to break up the pass? The back shoulder he dropped also. Allen was awful under pressure today. And he honestly didn't see that much of it. His OC doesn't help him either. 5 wide on 3rd and 3 and no short routes run...

For all his issues, he is getting zero help from the OC and secondary players. He can key on Brown and Beasley but opposing defenses are also aware that Allen's secondary players on offense are not a threat. 

C

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

The bad: The long ball is officially a concern for me. I almost want him to throw one next week that is close to the WR even if it gets picked off. It seems he is so worried about not throwing an INT that he lost the ability to make plays down the field with his arm. 

The weird things about these deep throws is that they almost all seem to be exactly the same distance in front of the receiver: about 5 yards. I'd almost want to say, "Josh....throw the ball five yards behind the receiver" and see what happens.

Nothing about today was above average QB play. It’s like all fans are asking of Allen is to not turn them ball over and if he does that it’s “good enough.”

Hell, he was lucky as hell he didn’t turn they ball over and we got that 2nd TD.

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

The weird things about these deep throws is that they almost all seem to be exactly the same distance in front of the receiver: about 5 yards. I'd almost want to say, "Josh....throw the ball five yards behind the receiver" and see what happens.

Throwing the deep ball short of the WR has a good shot at getting the pass interference call or your WR making a play. Throwing it 5-10 yards in front is just a long throw away.

Give your f’n WRs a chance to make a play. It’s so infuriating.

It doesn’t matter if you have a bazooka for an arm if there’s no targeting system.

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

B-

He played well enough to win, but not well enough to win the game for us.  

Another fumble and another missed deep ball.  

That being said, he made a lot of nice throws, showed why we’re elite in the red zone and was clutch in the 4th quarter before the coach and kicker ruined it. 

He also had a handful of drops, otherwise he’d be closer to 60% & 300.  

I'm much closer to this than " he's not good enough.....bust......he trash.....inaccurate...."

People going over the top either way clearly don't watch enough NFL QB play.

How's Goff looking these days?