Josh Allen - week TEN report card

rayray808

2 minutes ago, ny33 said:

He looks decisive and seems to be going through his progressions with the result of a much-improved intermediate game. I see progress in footwork and in avoiding reckless “hero ball.” I don’t know what happened to his long ball, but if he manages to connect on a few, I imagine it will be a confidence boost akin to the impact the Foster connection made last year. We deserved a loss like this after the Jets kicker gave us the win. We’re generally still on the right track other than the run D and pass rush (might take more than next offseason to fix). I don’t think any GM could have handled the offseason much better. Last year’s offense was inexcusable. This year’s is a solid base, and we will be competitive if we nail the coming draft and free agency. 

Thanks for this sense of perspective.  Last year's team was terrible, to the point that I still can't believe they won 6 games.  This team is much better, but still has a way to go.  I'm very disappointed in the defense, but I have a lot of confidence in the front office to take another step forward in the off-season.  We're on the right trajectory.

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s the damned first round QB. When he is the third best Allen currently playing QB in the NFL.

Freaking Minshew looks 10 times better and he just got benched.

So give up on Allen?

He has demonstrated time and time again he can move the chains short and intermediate.  If we can actually establish a run game like most teams and be able to execute play action and screens things would look a lot different IMO

All the blame is not on Allen. 

If the FO decides to go a different direction that's on them. I'm still supporting JA even if he wasn't my first choice. 

Hell, my arm chair GM skills would have had Watson here years ago. I had L.Jackson over Allen as well. 

45 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I’m An Allen supporter for the most part I would give it a C.

Didnt make the big mistake but didn’t make enough plays and missed a couple key passes.

A fumble at the 5 yard line isn't a big mistake?

He gets a C from me. He has too look at tape and see why ALL his deep throws have failed. He's now at 0-16 for the season beyond 30 yards. Half those 16 plays the wr was open, really open.  I'm sick and tired of waiting for a coach to tell him he needs higher trajectory on his deep throws. It's called "dropping the ball in the basket". He just can't do it. He's improved his 10-30 yard throws but teams aren't scared by any deep threat from Buffalo anymore. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

So give up on Allen?

He has demonstrated time and time again he can move the chains short and intermediate.  If we can actually establish a run game like most teams and be able to execute play action and screens things would look a lot different IMO

If the FO decides to go a different direction that's on them. I'm still supporting JA even if he wasn't my first choice. 

Hell, my arm chair GM skills would have had Watson here years ago. I had L.Jackson over Allen as well. 

Give up on him? We have no choice, unfortunately, but to ride this out with him.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

A fumble at the 5 yard line isn't a big mistake?

Yes, it’s a big mistake.  But with a fullback, a HOFEr, and a rookie who was hot hot hot last week, what does it say if our QB who is struggling with fumbles is the best choice at that point?

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Agreed. Unless by “it” you mean an incurable case of the yips.

He doesn’t have the yips.  They need to fly in House or Palmer for a workshop with him

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

And speaking of Daboll being better, the last time he didn’t have Allen under center the Bills put up 41 points.

The game we rushed the Ball over 40 times for over 200yds? Barkley was 15-25 232yds and 2 TDS. Carefull what you wish for. 

Daboll actually ran the ball then. Running Devin 8 times against the 30th ranked rushing D is absolutely inexcusable. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

So give up on Allen?

I guess in hindsight the worst crime we committed was trading with Kansas City had not taking Mahomes? Too late now. Daboll probably would've just screwed him up too.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

The game we rushed the Ball over 40 times for over 200yds? Barkley was 15-25 232yds and 2 TDS. Carefull what you wish for. 

Daboll actually ran the ball then. Running Devin 8 times against the 30th ranked rushing D is absolutely inexcusable. 

Agreed. Daboll’s unwillingness to run the ball was awful.

But so was our QB’s play.

The kid needs to turn it around in a hurry or he will become another in a long line of 1st round QB’s that don’t make it at the next level.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, but perhaps until he gets it together, the O needs to take it off his shoulders.  What kind of a “good play calling” OC can’t get a 3rd and 4 without pushing a long ball?  That’s bull crap

I am sure the offensive line would appreciate getting to run block a bit more too. I don’t think throwing 44 times with Allen is really the recipe for success right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, it’s a big mistake.  But with a fullback, a HOFEr, and a rookie who was hot hot hot last week, what does it say if our QB who is struggling with fumbles is the best choice at that point?

I think Allen scrambled on his own on that play? I could be wrong but I believe that was the case

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I just watched Allen's post game presser.  He is taking it all on his shoulders.  He didn't complete enough passes.  He isn't throwing long passes well enough, he doesn't know what's going wrong.

I don't know if Allen can become a franchise QB but we are going to trash this guy if he doesn't get some support.  He needs a run game.  He needs to not be TRYING to convert on 3rd and 4 with a long bomb.  8 carries from Singletary all game?  C'mon Daboll!  Be better.

He is right to take this one him. He was a big part of why we failed to win today. The kicker didn't help of course. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I am sure the offensive line would appreciate getting to run block a bit more too. I don’t think throwing 44 times with Allen is really the recipe for success right now.

Agreed, I think our run line protection is ranked like 3rd in the league. Why can't we play to our strengths?

Mind boggling......

• Thank you (+1) 1