Josh Allen - week TEN report card

rayray808

B-

He played well enough to win, but not well enough to win the game for us.  

Another fumble and another missed deep ball.  

That being said, he made a lot of nice throws, showed why we’re elite in the red zone and was clutch in the 4th quarter before the coach and kicker ruined it. 

He also had a handful of drops, otherwise he’d be closer to 60% & 300.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, marky said:

Look at all the people who signed up without a profile pic. A few thousand offshore, turn some targeted ads, and Bills are in rebuild mode for another 3 years.

Football wise, all you want from the QB is ability to make every throw in the playbook. It's almost impossible to do, and Allen can throw. Everything else is on the team.

There's no requirement to have a profile pic.  Some care about it, some don't.  Please check your tin foil hat at the door.

Allen can throw better and make better decisions at times, but he was known to be a development project.

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not good enough. 

Nope!  Have a look at our last drive leading up to the missed FG.

McDermott straight up doesn't trust Allen to be a full service QB.

They are very clearly sheltering him with their schemes and play calling and even when the game was on the line, they didn't trust him to throw short passes to move the chains.

Either they think he is still "developing" and this is part of that process, or they are thinking about acquiring a new QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He very nearly did lose the game for us. He’s very lucky Feliciano has jungle cat reflexes or this one is over way before Hauschka misses that kick. 11 fumbles in 9 games. Very lucky more haven’t been recovered by defenses.

looked sharp as usual on intermediate routes. Only one batted ball. Sharp on the designed runs, especially the TD.

But looked uncomfortable out of the pocket. The fumble. Can’t even say anything about the deep misses anymore, it’s sickening.

C+

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I refuse to grade him at all when we have Andre frickin Roberts in at WR for half the game as he drops a very catchable 30 yard pass. We just don't have any truly dynamic playmakers who make catches they aren't supposed to. Beane has alot of work to do

who was the last great Carolina receiver? Steve Smith?

i think there’s a chance that this is who we are With this regime and either Allen will put the offense on his back or he won’t. But we will see as there have been hints of interest in the big names along the way. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I respectfully suggest one word.  Starts with D, ends with LL

Dill? I'm about to eat myself to death via sodium overdose by suckling down 1000 pickles:death:

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

who was the last great Carolina receiver? Steve Smith?

i think there’s a chance that this is who we are With this regime and either Allen will put the offense on his back or he won’t. But we will see as there have been hints of interest in the big names along the way. 

McCaffrey

I can’t give him a passing grade this week. 
5-13 on third down

0-2 on 4th down

Terrible today in the money downs. Not sure if how many third down catches Beasley had but it wasn’t enough. Third and three or four that should be his first read. 

going at Denzel ward over and over doesn’t seem smart either. 

Also did a poor job beating man coverage and beating the blitz today. 
Daboll put the game in his hands and he didn’t respond. 

some will blame the kicker. That’s two plays. 
how many plays did josh Allen leave out there today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I’m An Allen supporter for the most part I would give it a C.

Didnt make the big mistake but didn’t make enough plays and missed a couple key passes.

the fumble at the Browns’ 5 yard line isn’t a big mistake? Didn’t hurt them obviously because Feliciano was there but coughing it up period in that situation seems like a pretty big deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Who didn't know we are either going to play defense and make enough plays to win or we are going to lose?  That is how McD is running this show.  So when your offense gives you a lead with 3 minutes left and all you have to do is not give up a TD you have to point at the D.  This is the engine of a McD team.  Haushka is a close second because a low scoring defensive team better have a reliable kicker (and we seemingly don't).  Allen actually did most of the things you'd want a QB on a conservative/defensive team to do.  He gave them a lead in the 4th and didn't turn the ball over 5 times in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

the fumble at the Browns’ 5 yard line isn’t a big mistake? Didn’t hurt them obviously because Feliciano was there but coughing it up period in that situation seems like a pretty big deal.

Ya good point I forgot about that. Got really lucky there

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen actually played pretty decent today even though many here want to place him as the blame to today's loss.There were several key drops by players today which hurt.

Allen has to get this long ball straightened out NOW. 

The 2 min drive needs more leadership/direction from Allen get plays off quicker. We should have been playing for a TD and not a FG to tie a game. 

B-

He's a bit of an enigma to me.

He is grossly inaccurate coming out of the locker room.

I always hope we get through the first two possessions alive, then he seems to settle down and do OK.

He missed grossly on that fourth down slant early in the game.

I mentioned to the people I was with that we need an Allen run on our last possession to get a field goal, and we didn't get it.