WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

WEEK 7: B

WEEK 8: D+

WEEK 9: B+

WEEK 10: B-

22/41 - 54% - 266 yards, 28 yards rushing, 2 rushing TDʻs

Today is a tough one to grade because of all of the bad things we saw across the board as a team. However this report card is about Josh Allen and not our kicker so here we go:

The good: Stayed poised and never looked like the moment was too big for him. Continues to make the throws necessary to move the chains WITHIN THE PLAY THAT IS CALLED ON THE FIELD. I think that portion is crucial as we had a few third down plays where he didn't seem to have good options to extend the play. On his first rushing TD, he saw that the field was wide open in the middle and took what the defense gave. No INTʻs today. The last pick he threw was in week 4 against the Pats.

The bad: The long ball is officially a concern for me. I almost want him to throw one next week that is close to the WR even if it gets picked off. It seems he is so worried about not throwing an INT that he lost the ability to make plays down the field with his arm. 

The ugly: With Josh Allen you can push stats like today aside if one thing happens... we win. When we donʻt win, you look at a QB (and offensive system) that has major things to work on. Yes, this is their first time playing together as a unit this season as almost everyone is brand new. However, in todayʻs NFL you have to be able to put more points on the board if you want to win games. 54% completion percentage just wonʻt cut it. Yes, there were some major drops which again is a sign that our offense needs some upgrades as Josh Allen improves as a QB. Also, I havenʻt begun to process the fumbling issues.

Simply put: Josh Allen did not lose this game for us, but he didn't win it either.

GO BILLS!

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It's on the receivers. All you want from a QB is capable of making every throw in the playbook. Ignore the paid for troll farms. They are paid by Kraft Foods to make sure you perform poorly, regardless of what they do.

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

WEEK 7: B

WEEK 8: D+

WEEK 9: B+

WEEK 10: B-

22/41 - 54% - 266 yards, 28 yards rushing, 2 rushing TDʻs

Today is a tough one to grade because of all of the bad things we saw across the board as a team. However this report card is about Josh Allen and not our kicker so here we go:

The good: Stayed poised and never looked like the moment was too big for him. Continues to make the throws necessary to move the chains WITHIN THE PLAY THAT IS CALLED ON THE FIELD. I think that portion is crucial as we had a few third down plays where he didn't seem to have good options to extend the play. On his first rushing TD, he saw that the field was wide open in the middle and took what the defense gave. No INTʻs today. The last pick he threw was in week 4 against the Pats.

The bad: The long ball is officially a concern for me. I almost want him to throw one next week that is close to the WR even if it gets picked off. It seems he is so worried about not throwing an INT that he lost the ability to make plays down the field with his arm. 

The ugly: With Josh Allen you can push stats like today aside if one thing happens... we win. When we donʻt win, you look at a QB (and offensive system) that has major things to work on. Yes, this is their first time playing together as a unit this season as almost everyone is brand new. However, in todayʻs NFL you have to be able to put more points on the board if you want to win games. 54% completion percentage just wonʻt cut it. Yes, there were some major drops which again is a sign that our offense needs some upgrades as Josh Allen improves as a QB.

Simply put: Josh Allen did not lose this game for us, but he didn't win it either.

GO BILLS!

Week 2 the long ball was a concern for me. 

Fair assessment. 

Honestly if he can hit one or two deep balls a game i think wed be singing a different tune for him.

Last year he couldnt hit a short pass...now its the deep pass. Lets hope he can start putting it together as time passes. 

• Like (+1) 4

I refuse to grade him at all when we have Andre frickin Roberts in at WR for half the game as he drops a very catchable 30 yard pass. We just don't have any truly dynamic playmakers who make catches they aren't supposed to. Beane has alot of work to do

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, whatdrought said:

I just don't know why our offensive strategy is so inconsistant and seemingly exactly the opposite of what it should be at any given time... 

I swear Cueball is experimenting every week to find what this offense is good at. There is no rhythm to this offense..none zero zilch.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

No INTʻs today. The last pick he threw was in week 4 against the Pats.

Haters should take a look! Do I think he plays well enough? Nope. But damn some of his critics on here are delusional. Not every 2nd year QB is like Mahomes nor plays like a veteran Brees/Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no idea what this means.   Can someone translate?

Look at all the people who signed up without a profile pic. A few thousand offshore, turn some targeted ads, and Bills are in rebuild mode for another 3 years.

Football wise, all you want from the QB is ability to make every throw in the playbook. It's almost impossible to do, and Allen can throw. Everything else is on the team.