This loss could be the start of the collapse (schedule talk)

dayman

Just now, uticaclub said:

??????? Are you serious? There is no way Clapping Jauron & Josh Allen go into Jerry World and come out with a win on Thanksgiving. 

they lost to the Jets!

Just saying, I also have the Bills losing that game but it’s going to be a close one and come down to who can capitalize on mistakes better.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Big picture means beyond this year Ned. He's the franchise at this point. I see growth.

IMO he ain't the franchise yet.  Big picture is this year.  Can't always ignore reality cause there is a following year. 

• Like (+1) 1

The collapse started before today.  The Bills struggle against mediocre teams.  The last few games have born this out.  We seem ill prepared for the opposition.  There's little in the way of consistency and defensive pressure, and a lot in the way of inaccurate passes, poor ball control (especially by Allen), and stupid penalties.  Perhaps the team should help Smith destroy his helmet by simply having him relinquish it.  That's all for starters of this rant.   

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think this game was the difference between 10-6 and 9-7. There isn't likely some epic collapse looming and these threads are every bit as silly as the SB threads following a win.

Key loss. Absolutely. Prelude to the end of the world? Nah.

I think losing 4 straight from Thanksgiving into December to go from 8-3 to 8-7 needing to then beat the Jets and get help to sniff the playoffs is a pretty epic collapse and that's exactly what they are staring at. Provided they can beat Miami and Denver

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, the sky is falling, and we suck. Let’s run with that, while the sane people who don’t get too high or too low over one game just move on to other things. 

We were not 6-2 good, they were not 2-6 bad. We lost a close one we could have won. Would you rather be a Bills fan or a Browns fan? 

I’m good with our program and general trajectory. 

P.S. - NOTHING would have been better than wining by one point after the Landry penalty. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

IMO he ain't the franchise yet.  Big picture is this year.  Can't always ignore reality cause there is a following year. 

Agreed. Let's see what next week brings. I still question this OC's ability. I'm starting to think hes more of an issue.

Win the next 2 and the jets game. Gets you 9. Problem is, you can’t count on a W against the cheats, Ravens, Steelers, or Dallas. Shoot, with this offense, you can’t count on wins over the other 3 tomato cans. Whether you want to admit it or not, this game was huge. “And we let ‘em off the hook”. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Strong take. And this take did not come from an "anti-JA crusader." The kid really needs to step it up and quickly. Like this season quickly. Like now.

I’m not anti-Allen but I am more than concerned at this point that he isn’t the answer. I am not impressed with his decision making or accuracy. His ball security is awful.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, dayman said:

Not going to complain (in this topic anyway) about all the specifics that were so wrong with this game but the short of it is that today really highlighted all of our shortcomings in 1 game and resulted in us losing against a bad football team. Sure, the Browns added talent but they showed exactly why they don't win today very clearly and we basically out-Browns'd them anyway. 

So, to put in context how important this loss was to us: 

@Miami - Almost beat us at home recently and plays much better with Fitz at QB. We'll probably win but could easily lose. 

vBroncos - 50/50 at best...odds are the Broncos beat us. They're at least good enough to beat the Browns. 

@Cowboys - Obvious loss

vRavens - Obvious loss

@Steelers  - 50/50 at best, not a game we are likely to win on the road. 

@NE - Obvious loss

v.Jets - Again, we could easily lose. Probably win though. 

Bottom line is we're looking at a 9-7 records assuming we take care of business against Jets, Miami, and spit with Broncos/Steelers. We have to do that AND either sweep the Steelers/Broncos match-ups or beat one of the vastly superior teams (Ravens, Pats, Cowboys) to get to 10. 

Today was a terrible loss. 6-3 for now but the cakewalk schedule is about to heat up. 

There is no such thing as a "obvious" loss.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Agreed. Let's see what next week brings. I still question this OC's ability. I'm starting to think hes more of an issue.

I think he is done after this year.  Too many mistakes.  Sure there are creative plays and decent drives.  But no consistency.  I did not feel we would win this game at any point today.  The feeling of trust in this team thru the first few weeks has disappeared. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, the sky is falling, and we suck. Let’s run with that, while the sane people who don’t get too high or too low over one game just move on to other things. 

We were not 6-2 good, they were not 2-6 bad. We lost a close one we could have won. Would you rather be a Bills fan or a Browns fan? 

I’m good with our program and general trajectory. 

P.S. - NOTHING would have been better than wining by one point after the Landry penalty. 

This is an oversimplification of fans analyzing what went wrong this week.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think they lose next week.

That would definitely precipitate a collapse. I think they win. It's not like I'm enthused by any of it. What we're looking at is a typical mediocre, middling season. Are Beane/McDermott/Allen ANOTHER perennial 8-8/9-7 ensemble? That's the worst case scenario. 

That's what makes this "process" so frustrating as a fan. They can always fall back on the notion that this was a long term rebuild whatever that means; and it has SOME merit. But when is enough enough? We're quickly heading into NEXT YEAR is our year territory. Been here before.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

The bills will probably win a game they shouldn’t.

Who?    Dallas, Baltimore, the Pats?    No way.     

Pittsburg is the only game of that type remaining and right now the Steelers look like a tough out...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Who?    Dallas, Baltimore, the Pats?    No way.     

Pittsburg is the only game of that type remaining and right now the Steelers look like a tough out...

Again.. Go look at who Dallas has beat and lost to. Silly saying they are an automatic loss. They lost to the friggin Jets.

• Like (+1) 1