This loss could be the start of the collapse (schedule talk)

dayman

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

haushka makes a few kicks and this thread would never have been born 

We have no tall red zone threat 

In fairness, the entire point of this thread was how important this game was...so of course I would not have made it had we won today. Not sure what your point you are trying to make. 

Not even sure if it would be right to consider a collapse, rather than a product of the schedule. The second half has better, more talented teams than the first. A lot of fans would say they expect the team to lose most of those games because the team isn’t that good. So it’s not  a collapse so much as a predictable outcome of the schedule playing itself out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leonbus23 said:

Sure! Why not!

I'll have my attorney send over the paperwork. 

How about if they finish with 7 wins or less, I will agree to the mods banning my IP address and user name, forever.

And if they finish with 8 wins or more, you do the same.

You said that you could honestly see them going 6-10 this year, so why not?

23 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

How about if they finish with 7 wins or less, I will agree to the mods banning my IP address and user name, forever.

And if they finish with 8 wins or more, you do the same.

You said that you could honestly see them going 6-10 this year, so why not?

I would be more entertained if you both but 10k on the line...personally

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, John in Jax said:

LOL. Uh huh. You think that if we had Aaron Rodgers as QB this year, the results would be the same (with the same plays as Allen has run)? Get real. A LOT of this falls directly to the QB, which by FAR, is the most important player on the field.

So we are good with the third and three deep ball to Beasely when the Bills are mid-field to completely kill a drive late in the game. (that is only one example as I'm trying not to barf up my breakfast). That call reeked of desperation. AND the game has to be called to the  players you have not Aaron Rodgers. Dabag opened the year with trying to make Allen Marcia Brady with that NE*/Alabama spread BS. An OC that has chops develop schemes around their talent. Whatever talent that may be. Maybe he should try to run the Veer!

15 hours ago, eanyills said:

Connor is out. Pittsburgh running game is rubbish and their WR group has been struggling badly all year.

Their offensive weapons aren’t very good right now.

Their D vs our O is not a good match-up.  Might have a better chance if our D plays the whole game...

18 hours ago, dayman said:

Not going to complain (in this topic anyway) about all the specifics that were so wrong with this game but the short of it is that today really highlighted all of our shortcomings in 1 game and resulted in us losing against a bad football team. Sure, the Browns added talent but they showed exactly why they don't win today very clearly and we basically out-Browns'd them anyway. 

So, to put in context how important this loss was to us: 

@Miami - Almost beat us at home recently and plays much better with Fitz at QB. We'll probably win but could easily lose. 

vBroncos - 50/50 at best...odds are the Broncos beat us. They're at least good enough to beat the Browns. 

@Cowboys - Obvious loss

vRavens - Obvious loss

@Steelers  - 50/50 at best, not a game we are likely to win on the road. 

@NE - Obvious loss

v.Jets - Again, we could easily lose. Probably win though. 

Bottom line is we're looking at a 9-7 records assuming we take care of business against Jets, Miami, and spit with Broncos/Steelers. We have to do that AND either sweep the Steelers/Broncos match-ups or beat one of the vastly superior teams (Ravens, Pats, Cowboys) to get to 10. 

Today was a terrible loss. 6-3 for now but the cakewalk schedule is about to heat up. 

Funny how many picked KC-TEN or PIT -LAR or MIA-INDY as “obvious losses.”  It doesn’t work that way