This loss could be the start of the collapse (schedule talk)

dayman

28 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We might have a running game but we will never know as long as a 36 yo Gore who now runs a 4.80 40 is getting majority of the carries. After watching replays there is no ***** way other teams are afraid that Gore will beat them. He can’t beat a DT to the edge on a sweep and looks like he is wearing cement shoes. 

My expectations are extremely tempered. This offense has zero elite talent

Singletary got the majority of the carries, but 8 isn’t going to cut it for a whole game. Gore is the RB2, but he can’t get to the edge. 

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Played well compared to whom?  JP Losman?  Trent Edwards?  Ryan Fitzpatrick when FitzMagic is MIA?  EJ Manuel?  Kyle Orton?  Tyrod Taylor after his promising first season as a starter?  The scariest part of this loss was that it was like a replay of so many crappy losses with any of the above crappy QBs.

If Daboll is a failure, why does McDermott get a pass???  Daboll is his second OC in three seasons.  McDermott's philosophy -- strong defense, barely functional offense charged with not losing the game -- hasn't been a successful strategy in the NFL in this century. 

Point 1: McDermott and Beane's "process" appears to be the very same one that the Bills have been employing for the last twenty years: the pursuit of mediocrity with the promise of "wait until next year".

Point 2: Take your own advice and watch other games.  Both Kyle Allen and Mason Rudolph are playing considerably better than Josh Allen, not just today but since they've become regular starters.  Give an honorable mention to Jags' rookie QB Gardner Minshew, too.

lol Rudolph has led his team to all of ten points and took a safety . He’d be run out on a rail. He’s not very good. PIT running game, WRs and D are pretty solid though. 

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Am I the the only one who thought Josh played well with the plays he was given by a suspect o coordinator? His progression is really all that matters in the big picture.

Yes, you are the only one.  Josh continues to make bad throws and cant hit a wide open deep pass to save his life

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

lol Rudolph has led his team to all of ten points and took a safety . He’d be run out on a rail. He’s not very good. PIT running game, WRs and D are pretty solid though. 

Connor is out. Pittsburgh running game is rubbish and their WR group has been struggling badly all year.

Their offensive weapons aren’t very good right now.

31 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Holy cow! Folks are going crazy following a loss calling for McD's job? That's crazy talk. We're in year two after a complete team overhaul. We're 6-3 with a reasonable chance of getting to the post season.  We're certainly better than last year.  We may or may not win a bunch more games this year, but I certainly don't see this team collapsing.  We have a promising young QB who is decent and getting better.  We have several winnable games left on the schedule. We have $85M in cap space next year which can be used to help sign an extra play maker or two on each side of the ball and also maintain good depth.  The process hasn't led to 19-0 this year, but it does appear to be working, despite the unfortunate loss today.

Did the process include trading up to to draft another bust at QB? If we cut right down to the point that's really what everything we talk about revolves around and it's just obviously the truth now if we are honest with ourselves...this isn't 1985 it's 2019...you know what's up with your QB pretty quick. We know what's up with ours--we need a new one. We have a QB that can't pass. He's ok at throwing it hard though...at least there is that! 

Edited by dayman

17 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Holy cow! Folks are going crazy following a loss calling for McD's job? That's crazy talk. We're in year two after a complete team overhaul. We're 6-3 with a reasonable chance of getting to the post season.  We're certainly better than last year.  We may or may not win a bunch more games this year, but I certainly don't see this team collapsing.  We have a promising young QB who is decent and getting better.  We have several winnable games left on the schedule. We have $85M in cap space next year which can be used to help sign an extra play maker or two on each side of the ball and also maintain good depth.  The process hasn't led to 19-0 this year, but it does appear to be working, despite the unfortunate loss today.

I'm not impressed with being marginally "better" than a 6-10 tire fire, and after three seasons, it's clear that "the process" is simply a new package wrapped around the same mediocrity that the Bills have been peddling for the last two decades.  

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

lol the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Rams ... and Rudolph played well within the limits that Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh coaching staff have set for him. He's not continually missing open WRs or making poor passes.

3 hours ago, MDH said:

I see WRs running open down field and across the middle and the QB missing by a mile on long throws and throwing consistently low and behind WRs over the middle. He’s almost always a split second slow on his throws as well. This last critique I’ll forgive because he’s a young QB and the game moves fast for young QBs.

The inaccurate throws aren’t a product of being young.

I agree...saw this today too. And on a handful of plays, when he was on the run/out of the pocket, his field vision went completely to crap, as he almost always picked the wrong guy...the tightly covered guy....to throw to! 

lol the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Rams ... and Rudolph played well within the limits that Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh coaching staff have set for him. He's not continually missing open WRs or making poor passes.

They won due to their defense and the coaching staff is better than the Bills. Can’t agree on Rudolph though. He made a lot of mistakes, took a safety and had a fumble returned for a TD. He’s a mediocrity at best, but credit goes to the Steelers organization overall. Many teams would win 2-3 games after losing their QB for the season. 

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Compared to the Bills, they’re not bad. 

Compared to the Bills, they're offensive juggernauts.  Their defense is pretty good, too, and unlike the Bills defense, they thrive on creating TOs and scoring off them.

3 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

It has to be on Dabol. Critical play calling has killed us all year. Key word critical. And I don't want to hear about checking out of plays. Garbage scheme. 

6-10 = collapse

LOL. Uh huh. You think that if we had Aaron Rodgers as QB this year, the results would be the same (with the same plays as Allen has run)? Get real. A LOT of this falls directly to the QB, which by FAR, is the most important player on the field.

Just now, SoTier said:

Compared to the Bills, they're offensive juggernauts.  Their defense is pretty good, too, and unlike the Bills defense, they thrive on creating TOs and scoring off them.

Their defense is better than the Bills , yes. Their offense still only scored 10 points, but I like the WRs, running game and overall scheme better than Dabolls. 

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

LOL. Uh huh. You think that if we had Aaron Rodgers as QB this year, the results would be the same (with the same plays as Allen has run)? Get real. A LOT of this falls directly to the QB, which by FAR, is the most important player on the field.

Sure, the results would probably be better with one of the most talented QBs in the NFL today. Short of trading for one of those, Daboll needs to go. The talent level isn’t quite there, but his schemes and game plans make little sense. 

3 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Dallas beat the Eagles.  They are a physical team.  They will run all over the Bills.  The Bills can not beat a physical team.

You think The Bills DVOA on off/Deff is bad go take a look at Dallas they are right there with the Bills on who have you really beat.  Philly is it

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They won due to their defense and the coaching staff is better than the Bills. Can’t agree on Rudolph though. He made a lot of mistakes, took a safety and had a fumble returned for a TD. He’s a mediocrity at best, but credit goes to the Steelers organization overall. Many teams would win 2-3 games after losing their QB for the season. 

I'm not saying Rudolph will be better than Allen long term or was a better prospect than Allen -- Rudolph was a third round pick in the same draft as Allen  -- but he's had all of 6 starts, winning 4 of them, throwing for 10 TDs, 4 INTs, and 3 fumbles.   Part of his success is better coaching and part of it is also better support, including a better OL, better running game, and better receivers, but part of it is that he's actually making good passes with some regularity.   He may very well crash and burn before the end of the season but right now, he's playing better than Allen hands down.

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it: the way the Bills have built this offense, they've set up Allen to fail.   They've given him minimal support in terms of coaching and providing talent to help him, thrown him to the wolves, and then expect him to sink or swim.  Today he looked like he's struggling against a rip current.  

I'm not saying Rudolph will be better than Allen long term or was a better prospect than Allen -- Rudolph was a third round pick in the same draft as Allen  -- but he's had all of 6 starts, winning 4 of them, throwing for 10 TDs, 4 INTs, and 3 fumbles.   Part of his success is better coaching and part of it is also better support, including a better OL, better running game, and better receivers, but part of it is that he's actually making good passes with some regularity.   He may very well crash and burn before the end of the season but right now, he's playing better than Allen hands down.

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it: the way the Bills have built this offense, they've set up Allen to fail.   They've given him minimal support in terms of coaching and providing talent to help him, thrown him to the wolves, and then expect him to sink or swim.  Today he looked like he's struggling against a rip current.  

I don’t see Rudolph making better plays or better passes and he’s making plenty of mistakes. He is working with a better supporting cast imo and better coaches.