Is Wallace the best option for CB2?

UConn James

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I disagree.  He is not decent at all.  The system hides him and he still looks terrible.  He is one of the worst cb2 in the league if not the worst. 

He is a decent football player that doesn't make him a decent #2 , they are completely different

He is a #4 swing outside corner ideally

And all coaches jobs are to hide the weaknesses of their teams, it's not just a McD system thing

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What game did you guys watch? Wallace played great.  He was draped all over Laundry all day.  It took great catches and accurate throws to complete passes on him.  

It's the modern NFL.  Every CB is going to allow catches and TDs.   It's built into the rule book

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is a decent football player that doesn't make him a decent #2 , they are completely different

He is a #4 swing outside corner ideally

And all coaches jobs are to hide the weaknesses of their teams, it's not just a McD system thing

I with we had a healthy EJ Gaines

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, UConn James said:

Guy is getting torched week after week. He is the weak link in an otherwise solid backfield.

I know this is a league that's tilted in favor of offenses. Opponents will get catches. But, man, he's giving it up left and right, and weak in run support to boot.

Taron or Kevin Johnson, anyone?

Then again, it wasn't helping that even Tre White was giving Beckham 10-yard cushions from the line. Seriously?

They like Taron Johnson as the nickel CB.  Yes Levi Wallace is better than Kevin Johnson.  Go back and watch that beautiful pass that Mayfield lobbed to Landry.  Johnson was in coverage.  I don’t think having him start would make much difference 

38 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They like Taron Johnson as the nickel CB.  Yes Levi Wallace is better than Kevin Johnson.  Go back and watch that beautiful pass that Mayfield lobbed to Landry.  Johnson was in coverage.  I don’t think having him start would make much difference 

I have attached link to that play

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/game-highlights-browns-vs-bills-x3068

It was Wallace on that play and he just missed deflecting ball - might have even got a piece of it.

The Higgins TD was where Wallace really got abused.  Should have held him and drawn the flag in hindsight.   Wallace also drew the coverage on Landry's TD.  Tough day.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Here, Here.  Why aim higher?  #AMIRIGHT?  Lol.  Cripes

Levi Wallace is a good player.

How about we aim higher at QB?

#AMIRIGHT?

Edited by Binghamton Beast