Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

9 hours ago, zonabb said:

Exactly as I predicted. A loss. I said Chubb would run over this team, he did. I said that would open up the passing game, it did. 

In the end, this isn't on the kicker, as every homer and excuse maker here wants to make. A 52 yarder to tie the game, on grass, for a kicker who kicks on turf, isn't a gimme. Allen sucked today. He's slow and indecisive. And the coaching didn't help. Singletary had as many touches as that pile of human excrement for the Browns that hasn't played in a year. And the FO's fingerprints are all over this as well. The drafted a raw, real f'in raw, QB. They went out and grabbed a bunch of mediocre smurfs to play WR. They signed a lot of mediocre FA OL who aren't good. What they did n FA was depth moves teams make but for this team, they're starters.

So keep up the homer talk, but this team is what I and many others have said while being accused of being anti-fans. They have 6 wins against garbage teams. 

This one is on Allen's suckitude and Daboll's garbage offense. To win you need to outscore the opponent and this team wins close games against bad teams and can never win a game on their own. Every win is a squeaker thanks to the D. Relying on that gets you what you got today. When you hear the Raven's threw out their playbooks and redesigned their entire offense around Jackson and Daboll runs the same predictable 3 and 5 slants week after week, you should understand this team will be rebuilding in 2021-2022 after the failed Allen experiment ends on 2020.

I won my bet today, took the Browns -2.5. Easiest pick of the week. Bills haven't beat anyone and the Browns have been beaten by good teams. If you couldn't see that, you're staring through your rose colored glasses.

This team ends 9-7 and outside the playoffs. Losses to the Ravens, Cowboys, Steelers, and Pats and it's over. I wouldn't be shocked if they finish 8-8 and also lose against the Broncos at home. 

CTFD. Far from the easiest pick, you and your cohorts nearly lost this game and most would say you should have. 

Alit from your high horse.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

CTFD. Far from the easiest pick, you and your cohorts nearly lost this game and most would say you should have. 

Alit from your high horse.

Betting nugget: This is the seventh time in the past 25 seasons that a team with a .250 or lower winning percentage is favored over a team with a .750 or better winning percentage in Week 6 or later. The favorite is 6-0 ATS in the previous six games. And it's just the third time in the Super Bowl era it's happened in Week 10 or later (2-0 ATS previously). Read more.

The streak is alive.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Again, are you this asinine?  Allen didn't throw for 300, he wasn't close to 300 yards, and barely completed 50% of his passes.  There is NO growth, period.  You're dealing in the hypothetical to prop up your straw man fallacy.

Pay no attention to this sanitary napkin. He won’t be heard from again. I’ve deleted 20 of his posts and still have 7 more pages here to read.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think you are more likely to see a switch at OC before that happens if Daboll keeps shooting himself in the foot.

But you are right in that you should see steady progress after 26 games with an expectation that there will be few bad games sprinkled in the mix.

That is not really the way it works

you should see progress and you have 

The game never felt right to me, it seemed like the plan was to throw for 300 yards and hit the deep ball a few times to show fans they could.

I could be totally wrong about that, it's just a feeling I had watching.  I didn't understand the timing of the deep balls, like on on 3rd down.

Tough game to lose for some reason.

I didn't like that the Browns RB's touched the ball 33 times (24 carries and 9 rec) vs. the Bills RB's only 17 touches (13 carries 4 rec).

Singletary is listed as 7 targets with 3 catches for 8 yards, they need to take a hard look at that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Frez said:

Somebody mentioned the deep ball? Yes, that is a huge problem for our strong armed QB. It's a real issue. 

I feel JA has no idea where he is throwing those deep passes, almost like he just launches them up and hopes they come down in the general vicinity...ive never seen anything like it...

• Like (+1) 1

Bills run a vanilla offense and get vanilla results.  Watching other games it makes one wonder why the Bills refuse to shake things up.  Other young QBs make mistakes but that is the part of growing into the job.  Allen has his issues but take off the brakes.  Watching the offense does not inspire.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I feel JA has no idea where he is throwing those deep passes, almost like he just launches them up and hopes they come down in the general vicinity...ive never seen anything like it...

This is a fair observation IMO.   

IMO McD deliberately killed clock on our last possession because they do not trust Allen to move down the field and score a TD for the win.  They were playing for a FG, tie, and OT.

I genuinely wonder, for the first time ever, if they are thinking about moving on from him.  

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Bills run a vanilla offense and get vanilla results.  Watching other games it makes one wonder why the Bills refuse to shake things up.  Other young QBs make mistakes but that is the part of growing into the job.  Allen has his issues but take off the brakes.  Watching the offense does not inspire.

They are afraid to ask Josh to put his foot on the gas b/c when he does that, he turns the ball over.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

You would think he would get lucky once in a while and a throw or two would be in the right place.Then the delusional people on here would keep showing the replay to show that their JA is accurate.

--Kinda like the wind aided 47 yd poof ball Fitzy threw to Terrell Owens for the 90 yd TD several years ago.-People on here actually show the link to that to prove that Fitzy doesnt  have a weak arm.

--JA needs to not throw deep at all...and needs to use his skills as a RB slash QB slash winner(i think he is a winner) in order to maximize his talents.

If that doesnt happen the Bills are going nowhere until he is replaced .No draft is gonna fix that.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Please tell us we won’t be hearing from you again til next year. If so, the loss was worth it.

If we were going 0-16 I’m still watching every snap of every game. I’m here no matter what and I’m still going to live and die with every play. I just can also separate reality and see what’s coming with the schedule. I felt like yesterday was a must win of sorts and unfortunately we didn’t get it done. I’m not going anywhere. Just because I don’t think we are making the playoffs now, doesn’t mean I’m going to stop being there. Couldn’t be further from who I am.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Chemical said:

I'll be calling for McDermott's head from here on out. I didn't trust him with game management since his first season, but that final drive was disgusting an inexcusable. 

Thanks. We consider ourselves warned.

13 hours ago, BananaB said:

Defense has been together for 2.5 years, offense has been together 9 games.  

Missed FGs cost us today. We should of won that game. 

Daboll cost us the game yesterday. Everyone, aside from him, knew the formula to scoring on the Browns.  He is, in a word, suckitude, personified. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BananaB said:

He has started 18 games so far. ?

How many did EJ start before he was ran out of town?

I think Allen should start next year. I also think it's smart to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year in case Allen can't make the year 3 jump. 

30 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Draft another quarterback. One who can hit the broad side of a barn 40 yards+ downfield. Keep drafting one until you hit.

Allen ain’t it.

So, winning in the NFL is dependent on what is a low percentage throw to begin with?  

Allen does decent (I believe) in the 15-25 yard throws so I have to assume you're talking about those 40+ yarders.

21+ yards and the completion % is only 43.  The drop to the passes you're talking about would be precipitous. Maybe somewhere in the 25-30% range, perhaps lower, yet you are grasping at this one thin straw as being the thing you want your QB to be good at?

What Bills receivers would you be sending long? I have, unfortunately, only two options: Brown, Foster.  Beasley and McKittrick are most definitely not the option of choice for a deep ball.  I would love to know how many times Allen has practiced those throws to those two specific receivers. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

• Like (+1) 1