Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It's not just losing, it's how terrible they look when they lose....and how awful the offense is when they win too. At this point, every team in the nfl knows how to stop Allen...make him play qb

I got to disagree with this. Plus, what is ‘playing QB’ mean? I think Josh knows when people don’t believe in him. He has experienced that a lot in college and then the draft. Now his coach won’t let him win a game. Shame on McDermott for today’s loss. It really does fall on him and not just because he is the HC but because he won’t trust his QB. HC have to at some point show they believe in their QB to win them the game. McDermott’s fears are costing him and us. 

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

You think right tackle was the problem?  Interesting. Myles Garrett was beating Dawkins, our LT, regularly.

DAWKINS IS GONNA GET BEAT BY EVERY RE WORTH SALT!!! That's a farce too

RT was only a huge issue with Ford in there

Edited by Agent 91

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It's not just losing, it's how terrible they look when they lose....and how awful the offense is when they win too. At this point, every team in the nfl knows how to stop Allen...make him play qb

I want you to be objective now.  Does Allen have work to do?  Sure.  Still developing his reads for example.  But did you see the throws he made today?  Today showed the stuff about accuracy is ridiculous, except the long ball which he needs to hit.  He was hitting throws routinely in the intermediate space.  Missed  a couple and had some drops.

He takes advantage of a shorter field and gets them in for the go ahead score in the fourth.  Gets them back into 

position for a tying FG with About a minute and a half.  The wasted time was dumb if that was on him or dumb if on the coaches.

Cleveland as you put it made him play QB.  And he did OK doing so.  

5 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think pointing at 6-3 as asinine justification is the willful ignorance part of the equation. The Bills can't beat good teams, not just this season, but all seasons McDermott has been HC. That's about as big a red flag as a coach could have.

See, here’s the thing.  Making declarative statements like this are misguided at best.  Say they beat the Boys in Thanksgiving.  You realize you’ll look silly right?

That presser from Allen is as down as I have seen him.

He needs to play better and he knows it. In a way I expected more of these soul-searching kind of games and you always want to see how a player responds the next week.

McD was called out for how long it takes his run D to tighten up and he is true to form and said that he needs to get better.

Overall, I am pretty sure that McDermott's main issue was the one he reiterated a few times early in the presser and that is that the Bills have got to start scoring more than 16 points a game, I would expect to see some changes this week in the personnel or play calling on the offensive side of the ball. I think McD gives his coordinators room to fix their own issues, but if they can't get it done I will expect more collective input into the offensive game-planning.

McDermott definitely looked a bit angry about the 3rd and manageable play calls. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I want you to be objective now.  Does Allen have work to do?  Sure.  Still developing his reads for example.  But did you see the throws he made today?  Today showed the stuff about accuracy is ridiculous, except the long ball which he needs to hit.  He was hitting throws routinely in the intermediate space.  Missed  a couple and had some drops.

He takes advantage of a shorter field and gets them in for the go ahead score in the fourth.  Gets them back into 

position for a tying FG with About a minute and a half.  The wasted time was dumb if that was on him or dumb if on the coaches.

Cleveland as you put it made him play QB.  And he did OK doing so.  

See, here’s the thing.  Making declarative statements like this are misguided at best.  Say they beat the Boys in Thanksgiving.  You realize you’ll look silly right?

So that would give McDermott 3 wins against good teams in 3 seasons? Oh goodness, I will be so embarrassed if that happens...

3 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Allen sleepwalk? First 5 passes of game he went 1-4. 2 bad drops and a third that was a bad throw by Allen (behind Brown) but catchable. But yeah it’s on him... not Knox for have a two hands on ball on sideline on 3rd down and just dropping it - definitely allen’s Fault

Allen fan I see. Not excusing that but... is that why we are going with? Since NE he has not looked confident. To bring up Knox and Brown? The 2 guys who he worked with all game? I got you. What did he have on that last prevent drive? He looked really assertive when the browns cared about nothing but keeping us out of the end zone. The rest of the game... luke warm at best

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One game of 300 yards would not show growth.  Roberts holds onto the one pass today Allen throws for 300.  Would that have changed your posts?  No.  And if he did then it would be well, it’s only one game, he has to do it consistently.  You really think folks here haven’t figured out your act?

You want the team to lose.  You try and hide it with this growth stuff, but you have said you’re OK with them losing.  Own it.

Again, are you this asinine?  Allen didn't throw for 300, he wasn't close to 300 yards, and barely completed 50% of his passes.  There is NO growth, period.  You're dealing in the hypothetical to prop up your straw man fallacy.

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. 

This team wasn’t ready to win on the road when everyone knew they would get another “best punch” type of effort. Same as the Philly game. People wanted to argue all week about how the schedule didn’t matter yada yada. A few weeks ago it was but look at the point differential. All while ignoring the obvious, they aren’t ready yet.

Shouldn’t we all have expected this? Shouldn’t we be happy that the team is 6-3 with an almost entirely new starting O? Didn’t we all agree that the team would end the season stronger than they would start it?

All is lost now because they aren’t ready for the big time yet? Come on. They have a few weeks to grind out some more wins. Sometime in the next month we need to see major steps forward. Hopefully it clicks. For Allen, Dabol, the Oline and the WR. It isn’t there yet.

The only thing I’m actually concerned about is Allen’s deep accuracy. As soon as he launches you can tell it’s going way too far. 

Loosen your belts, eat another piece of pie, drink another beverage. All is not lost. 

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

And your D handed them the score and the lead leaving a minute and change on the clock - they share the blame on this one whether you want to look there or not.

Never said the d was good. But we allowed 19 points.. why's itso hard to accept. Scoring points makes things like that late td disappear. We were watching a 9 to 9 slobber knocker in the 4th quarter. Why is that acceptable. You wanna beat Wallace go ahead... but that does nothing for the bs we watched offensively

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Again, are you this asinine?  Allen didn't throw for 300, he wasn't close to 300 yards, and barely completed 50% of his passes.  There is NO growth, period.  You're dealing in the hypothetical to prop up your straw man fallacy.

266.  Roberts catches that one ball he’s there.  Which is what I said.

Percentage?  How many drops today?  And yes he missed a few.  Threw a few away.  Two drives in the fourth, one to go ahead, one to get them a tie. But no growth.  Right.

You talk of fantasy.  I prefer reality.  Reality is that you have said you’d like to see the team lose.

• Like (+1) 2

I could honestly see us losing out the rest of the season and finishing 6-10. This coaching staff is not capable of putting together a winning NFL offense. This defense is good enough to keep it close, but not good enough to win on its own. I feel like Josh Allen could be putting up Lamar Jackson type numbers with different coaches. If the team does not make the playoffs, I would hope that we see a coaching change. 

5 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Huh? Are you missing the point on purpose?

I deal with the statements you make.  You said they can’t beat a good team under McD, then said they have done so three times.

Why do you have trouble owning your own statements?

Edited by oldmanfan

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I dal with the statements you make.  You said they can’t beat a good team under McD, then said they have done so three times.

Why do you have trouble owning your own statements?

Look at you being Mr Absolute. Are you happy with McDermott's piss poor record against good teams? This really the hill you're going to die on? Really?

10 minutes ago, WideNine said:

That presser from Allen is as down as I have seen him.

He needs to play better and he knows it. In a way I expected more of these soul-searching kind of games and you always want to see how a player responds the next week.

McD was called out for how long it takes his run D to tighten up and he is true to form and said that he needs to get better.

Overall, I am pretty sure that McDermott's main issue was the one he reiterated a few times early in the presser and that is that the Bills have got to start scoring more than 16 points a game, I would expect to see some changes this week in the personnel or play calling on the offensive side of the ball. I think McD gives his coordinators room to fix their own issues, but if they can't get it done I will expect more collective input into the offensive game-planning.

McDermott definitely looked a bit angry about the 3rd and manageable play calls. 

I watched the pressers. Allen was great, such a cool humble guy but I don't correlate the 'needing to be better, putting the game on him' with him able to be better. Mcdermott did look angry about the long shots on 3rd down I thought. Why wasn't he called out for being meek on the last drive? Why didn't they go no huddle today at any point? 

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

Look at you being Mr Absolute. Are you happy with McDermott's piss poor record against good teams? This really the hill you're going to die on? Really?

Did you say they can’t beat a winning team?  Yes.

Did you then say they’ve done so 3 times under his tenure?  Yes.

Which statement is true and which is BS?  Or are both BS?

For me, they have things to work on.  But in the NFL wins are wins.