Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because continuing to recycle coaches has worked so well for us in the past.....just like trying to use retread quarterbacks.

There is no way McD is getting fired....especially not this season

I get the recycle repeat problem, but do you really want to stick with a HC that has a dinasaur coaching mentality? This franchise will just spin its wheels some more while other rebuilding teams pass them.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I get the recycle repeat problem, but do you really want to stick with a HC that has a dinasaur coaching mentality? This franchise will just spin it's wheel some more while other rebuilding teams pass them.

But but but....  :(

Brady will retire and that will mean the Bills go 14-2 automatically because no other teams will be ready to kill to take the top spot...

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The fumbles are concerning

His accuracy is NOT poor.....he is over 60 percent for the season and has really improved his short game and become more consistant in the intermediate areas.....Long ball needs work

One of the things that people dont like to talk about.....Josh Allen is transforming his game.....in games where he would have just ran with the ball he is sitting in the pocket and making his reads....transforming his game really AND he was raw coming in to begin with.   People need to be patient because he has ALL the tools and for the most part plays his best ball when the game is on the line (a very important trait that most QBs do not have)

Josh is a gamer......he needs work....you dont throw that away

Passionate....that is a interesting obv

59.9% now for the season and dropping, right?

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I get the recycle repeat problem, but do you really want to stick with a HC that has a dinasaur coaching mentality? This franchise will just spin it's wheel some more while other rebuilding teams pass them.

Yes because it works

McD has a winning record as a HC for the buffalo bills.....and the majority of those losses came in a complete rebiulding year (last year) the team is SIX AND THREE

We are really talking about firing a HC witha  SIX and THREE record

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Now that this established , you will of course give him a chance to make changes, and be patient.

Me personally? No, because I'm looking at how he has evaluated talent, drafted, and coached since he got the job. I don't at all like what I see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I know the offense is a work in progress. But right now it has no identity. Not sure why Allen threw 41 times. I thought the Browns had a porous run defense? The last drive was maddening. I don't see the same QB on the field this year that I saw last year. Singletary only had 8 carries. Our Run defense is a pathetic. Edmunds is NOT a middle LB. Wallace looked bad,  Bad game all around. I had hope for the game early when the defense stopped CLE 9 times. 9 TIMES inside the 1. Maddening game. I know this team is growing but we have been regressing since the first qtr of the season. We have looked bad since the NE game. Need to get this straightened out.

Edmund's can have Alexander's spot. Every team has run to the gap he is assigned to... and he is being blocked clean out of the play. He cant diagnose cant block shed and cant stand strong in a gap. He is being wasted there. I think he would be stellar outside

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

There was no way he was getting to Beasley on a progression on that play. The pressure was on him too quick. He needed to recognize the blitz and associated coverage and either look for Beasley right away or adjust the blocking to account for the free pass rusher.

I've thought that on other plays. Same thing they said about EJ/tyrod. Doesn't get through his progressions. Locks on to one side, maybe doesnt have great periferal vision. I noticed today he was looking one way then throwing another which I hadn't seem him do before so that was progression of sorts.

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

A loss that show GROWTH.  Are you really this asinine?

Mahomes isn't the problem on his team.

Really.....what growth do you speak of....certanly not from their defense.

Oh wait...this is all about hte QB

1 minute ago, vincec said:

59.9% now for the season and dropping, right?

Excuse me.....his rating did drop a percentage point in a loss......

Miami coming up?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Yes because it works

McD has a winning record as a HC for the buffalo bills.....and the majority of those losses came in a complete rebiulding year (last year) the team is SIX AND THREE

Won't happen. mcds record is a good one. IF They start to lose and the record is not good then there will be noise if they continue to play averagely. 

Just now, TwistofFate said:

A loss that show GROWTH.  Are you really this asinine?

Mahomes isn't the problem on his team.

One game of 300 yards would not show growth.  Roberts holds onto the one pass today Allen throws for 300.  Would that have changed your posts?  No.  And if he did then it would be well, it’s only one game, he has to do it consistently.  You really think folks here haven’t figured out your act?

You want the team to lose.  You try and hide it with this growth stuff, but you have said you’re OK with them losing.  Own it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes because it works

I am, I think more Bills fans will be by seasons end.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really.....what growth do you speak of....certanly not from their defense.

Oh wait...this is all about hte QB

Excuse me.....his rating did drop a percentage point in a loss......

Miami coming up?

If you're implying that it will go up after the Miami game, then we'll see. Unfortunately, Miami is no joke anymore, although Allen does seem to play well against them.

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I am, I think more Bills fans will be by seasons end.

Well....your idea is assinine right now.....but in the future who knows?

1 minute ago, vincec said:

If you're implying that it will go up after the Miami game, then we'll see. Unfortunately, Miami is no joke anymore, although Allen does seem to play well against them.

Yeah Josh has been good against Miami

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

3 weeks ago people were calling him a coach if the year candidate.  The one thing he should do is tell Daboll to get the ball in Singletary’s hands.

You can yell all you want; this team is 6-3.  Losing a close game isn’t cause to set the barn on fire.

It's not just losing, it's how terrible they look when they lose....and how awful the offense is when they win too. At this point, every team in the nfl knows how to stop Allen...make him play qb

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Food for thought. The Chiefs are leading their division so unless they drop out of first place their record has no bearing on the Bills. 

Also food for thought. Good teams dont look around the league trying to figure out how they are still in the hunt. Good teams beat the teams they play a lot more often than not. 

The fact that the Chiefs put up 32 and lost doesnt make out rousing 19-16 slugfest easier to watch. 

I wasnt gonna comment on the OP but I had to. 

8 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I get the recycle repeat problem, but do you really want to stick with a HC that has a dinasaur coaching mentality? This franchise will just spin its wheels some more while other rebuilding teams pass them.

Whilst I agree with the reservations about McDermott's defensiveness the wins have to be factored in. I'm not sure I want to can a coach who has a winning record! 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Well....your idea is assinine right now.....but in the future who knows?

I think pointing at 6-3 as asinine justification is the willful ignorance part of the equation. The Bills can't beat good teams, not just this season, but all seasons McDermott has been HC. That's about as big a red flag as a coach could have.

• Like (+1) 1