Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So you know McD isn’t getting fired yet post after post you demand it.  That makes a ton of sense.

I was not demanding anything... Do you have your reading glasses on Oldman? Since when do fans get to demand anything of an NFL team anyways?

Edited by Seven-N-Nine
  • Sad 1

Just now, london_bills said:

I'm sure you have an opinion! 

I'm not a fan, his accuracy is poor, hangs onto the ball too long, he ranks near the bottom of a bunch of advanced QB stats and that's with playing a bunch of the worst teams. He has 11 fumbles this season already. If you had a good QB and one more receiving threat you'd be very good

The expectations are way too big for Allen right now.

He’s a 2nd year who missed a lot of his 1st year.  And he led what could have been game winning and game tying drives at the end.

He could have been better, but he was solid. Writing him off at this point is silly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I was not demanding anything... Do you have your reading glasses on Oldman? Since when do fans get to demand anything of an NFL team?

Again pick your verb.  You keep talking about how McD should be gone yet admit he won’t be.  Other than letting you blow off steam what sense does that make?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yeah. Feels like he's slow with his progressions 

There was no way he was getting to Beasley on a progression on that play. The pressure was on him too quick. He needed to recognize the blitz and associated coverage and either look for Beasley right away or adjust the blocking to account for the free pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Urdad said:

I'm not a fan, his accuracy is poor, hangs onto the ball too long, he ranks near the bottom of a bunch of advanced QB stats and that's with playing a bunch of the worst teams. He has 11 fumbles this season already. If you had a good QB and one more receiving threat you'd be very good

The fumbles are concerning

His accuracy is NOT poor.....he is over 60 percent for the season and has really improved his short game and become more consistant in the intermediate areas.....Long ball needs work

One of the things that people dont like to talk about.....Josh Allen is transforming his game.....in games where he would have just ran with the ball he is sitting in the pocket and making his reads....transforming his game really AND he was raw coming in to begin with.   People need to be patient because he has ALL the tools and for the most part plays his best ball when the game is on the line (a very important trait that most QBs do not have)

Josh is a gamer......he needs work....you dont throw that away

Just now, row_33 said:

See how much more passionate it is over here after a gut punch loss?

Passionate....that is a interesting obv

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Again pick your verb.  You keep talking about how McD should be gone yet admit he won’t be.  Other than letting you blow off steam what sense does that make?

I would like to see McDermott fired yes, am I calling the Bills tomorrow and demanding they do so? No I am not... Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with him and his inept coaching style for a while longer.

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

I would like to see McDermott fired yes, am I calling the Bills tomorrow and demanding they do so? No I am not... Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with him and his inept coaching style for a while longer.

So blowing off steam, I guess.  That’s nice.

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Last year we saw constant progress this year is more puzzling. But while he didn't play great, Josh has only thrown ONE interception in the last 5 games! ONE. So for such an inaccurate, horrible decision QB, he is doing quite fine! All without the support of a running game... O just wish he'd hit the deep balls since with his cannon arm it would be amazing. This year he's missed them all! Crazy. Even his worse critics didn't expect that! But chill out with him being so horrible!

I playfully ask people what would Marrone have done with this quarterback. His mantra with Manuel was dont mess up. NO TURNOVERS. Allen is so free with the ball I cant help but think the OC and McDermott just dont trust him. He misses open players so it almost seems as if they give him the reads and tell him not to improvise. I think the dull nature of the offense and Allen's dramatic decrease in turning the ball over are too coincidental to give allen credit for.

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I would like to see McDermott fired yes, 

Firing the coach and turning over the team culture every 3 years has worked so well that you would like to repeat it? 

How long, exactly, did you think the rebuild of the Whaley/Ryan disaster would take? 2 years to become a playoff powerhouse? 3 to the SB? 

8 minutes ago, Success said:

The expectations are way too big for Allen right now.

He’s a 2nd year who missed a lot of his 1st year.  And he led what could have been game winning and game tying drives at the end.

He could have been better, but he was solid. Writing him off at this point is silly.

I agree. I don't think Allen has been bad, but he certainly hasn't been good either

The real question I guess comes down to is he progressing? Is on schedule or behind scheduling of development?

I would say he is slightly behind schedule in his development. Just too many plays left on the field right now especially in the first 3 quarters of the game. But he is becoming automatic in 4th quarters which is a great sign

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Because continuing to recycle coaches has worked so well for us in the past.....just like trying to use retread quarterbacks.

There is no way McD is getting fired....especially not this season

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Now that this established , you will of course give him a chance to make changes, and be patient.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

300 yards, multiple TDs, and a loss that shows GROWTH.  Apparently, reading comprehension is not your strong point. 

I cry about barely breaking 50% completion against a terrible defense.

I read very well.  You’d rather have a loss.

Mahomes threw for over 400 today.  They lost.  Sounds like maybe you should consider rooting for them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, london_bills said:

Sure. I just don't think he's elite which is what you would want for a 7th pick. 

That you traded up 2 times for. I wanted Rudolph if Jackson was gone but Allen was fine if we got him lower without trading