Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think he was.  I don’t think McDermott wanted to kick a 53 yard FG to tie it.  Allen just missed.

McD showed a complete lack of awareness and urgency with how that final minute was managed. I honestly don’t believe he was playing to win the game there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Alarm bells? Did you go into this season expecting a super bowl championship? If so, those alarm bells are your own fault for ridiculous expectations.  If you went in with wanting to see growth and potential for a playoff berth, then there’s no alarm bells. The team is a 10-6 / 9-7 type team. Which is a helluva lot better than 6-10. 

The age of “I want it now!” is a lovely time to be alive. 

This team is exactly the same as it was last year, and the year before, they are just playing a weaker schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

Let’s face it we still don’t have enough talent on offense. Josh was mediocre, his right tackles are terrible so they can’t run right or throw deep without him getting hit in the face, and the WRs aren’t getting much separation if any. The world has now seen Beasley’s inside out swirl move 100 times. It’s no longer a surprise. Frank gets 1-4 yards and I feel like walking out of the room when we go to giant man package like we are the 1980 Cornhuskers. 

The coordinator has one  group of plays that always work, the jet sweep package, and he didn’t use hardly any. He has a RB with open field abilities yet throws him the ball 3 yards from the sideline.

Then our GM spent $7MM on some guy named Kroft who may actually not have left the locker room, not sure..........uggggghhhhh 

That Beasley Swirl... I think you can patent that by the way... keeps working

32 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Is the Defense perfect? No, no such thing as evident by the Pats thrashing at the hands of the Ravens last week. 

To say the defense didn’t do it’s job today however is ignorant.  They did more than enough and get next to no support from the offense.  

Clearly you’re one of those guys who puts the fan hood of his favorite QB ahead of the team, I’ve seen it time and time again since the Kelly era ended.   

If Josh hits those deep balls they win, no?

Probably.  However, I never suggested that, nor did I say the defense OVERALL didn't do their job.  I focused specifically on the final Brown's where the defense allowed the GO-AHEAD TD.  Clearly you are one of those guys who puts the overall loss solely on the QB.  If the Bills stop the Browns on the final drive, do they win - YES or NO?  That's all I am saying.  Clearly if Allen and the offense, the FG kicker makes kicks, we might not be in that position, but don't deny my point as not being a reality.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

Just now, dneveu said:

Sure- they also passed up like 4 other fg chances.  What's the deal with the other one he missed? Or the one against NE? Are we going to just pretend he's good?

Oh no, you're right, Hauschka has been crap.  I'm suggesting that McDermott was stupid to even consider playing for that FG which he clearly did.

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

I felt like when he had time he delivered.   WRs cannot get separation.

I wasnt there but I refuse to believe Beasley brown and knox were never open. I could be all wrong but it's just tough. I think it's more accurate to say Allen cant throw guys open. Windows open and close so fast he doesnt anticipate those quick opportunities

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

They won those 6 games. That's what it's based on. Just because you're pissed off right now doesn't take away those 6 wins. It doesn't work that way. If we were a 3-6 team, we would be 3-6. I might not change your mind, but you won't change my mine. That line about not deserving to be 6-3 is a load of crap.

You can have a thing you don't deserve, and right now the Bills have a winning record. Enjoy. I'm sure it'll mean a lot in January.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Oh no, you're right, Hauschka has been crap.  I'm suggesting that McDermott was stupid to even consider playing for that FG which he clearly did.

Agreed. Allen missed Beasley on third but I may have tried to just... Get the 4 yards on 3rd, clock it to save the TO and try and get 10-15 yards so I can take a shot or something.

Either way. Let's not forget the D giving up a 75 yard drive to basically lose it. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

McD showed a complete lack of awareness and urgency with how that final minute was managed. I honestly don’t believe he was playing to win the game there. 

It was a VERY disappointing last drive. Pretty much said in the presser was looking to tie. 

30 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Stopped reading when you tried to criticize my “football acumen”, get a grip potato chip.

No that’s not my only takeaway, but it’s the most glaring deficiency on offense, (aside from suspect playcalling and getting into away from the run in a close game).

That was his strongest attribute last year, the big play.  They need that. It cost them huge today.  You’re little diatribe isn’t going to change the 14 points he left on the field, in what was a 3 point scoring differential.  

Deep ball is going to come? FOH, they are past the half way point of the year and he has yet to connect, despite his other worldly arm talent... Can’t blame Daboll for that. 

So yes, ultimately Josh failing to utilize his best skill as a QB is what lead to the loss today. It was their for the taking, he missed, more than once, pretty simple actually.

Stopped reading after your 1st absured comment.

Sadly, id imagine it only goes downhill from there..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Looking at the big picture, I think the offense and defense are better than they were last year, and are on track to get even better next year.

My concern , like most everyone else's, is the offense. The total is less than the sum of its parts. The OL is ranked higher. Brown and Beasley are upgrades from last year, and so are Singletary and Gore. Allen has a higher passing percentage. It might not be full of Pro Bowlers, but you'd think by looking at the roster the offense would be more productive. Is Allen regressing? Is it the play calling? Honestly, I don't have an answer.  

3 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

Looking at the big picture, I think the offense and defense are better than they were last year, and are on track to get even better next year.

My concern , like most everyone else's, is the offense. The total is less than the sum of its parts. The OL is ranked higher. Brown and Beasley are upgrades from last year, and so are Singletary and Gore. Allen has a higher passing percentage. It might not be full of Pro Bowlers, but you'd think by looking at the roster the offense would be more productive. Is Allen regressing? Is it the play calling? Honestly, I don't have an answer.  

Yeah they are making a good point on the radio. When does a good team ever look like they did on the last drive? They had a chance there with 1 minute and one timeout and just slowed down and didn't look like they knew what they were doing.