Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't want to hear process or culture anymore. You get embarrassed by a struggling 3-4 Eagles team. You almost lose to Miami and today you can't handle a struggling 2-6 Browns team. 

Deserved a loss against the Jets and Bengals also

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Haha, that’s funny. So because it’s his 3rd or 4th read, which you are guessing at you don’t know, it’s ok for him to miss a wide open receiver? Have I got that right? And that’s being objective? Because he might have to rush the throw? He might have to rush the throw on his first read, why does it matter what read it was? 

Josh has a problem with his long ball, that’s not ripping into him, that’s an observation.

Once again your lack of reading comprehension comes out.  I was posting an observation.  Looking at  several factors.  I did not weigh in on whether it was okay or not. It was to point out that the other factors come into play.  This is not Madden football.  Real time and quick decisions are made.  Look at the big picture of the play.  If you find that amusing then have a good chuckle. 

Just now, Nitro said:

Once again your lack of reading comprehension comes out.  I was posting an observation.  Looking at  several factors.  I did not weigh in on whether it was okay or not. It was to point out that the other factors come into play.  This is not Madden football.  Real time and quick decisions are made.  Look at the big picture of the play.  If you find that amusing then have a good chuckle. 

ok thanks, I will.

Just now, london_bills said:

It's doing better than the offence. The defense is not the main bills problem. 

In my eye they are almost exactly the same.  Neither one makes enough plays in a game for you to beat a good team.  The offense can't move the ball against a halfway competent defense and the defense can't stop a halfway competent offense and they both get absolutely owned by quality.

Just now, london_bills said:

It's doing better than the offence. The defense is not the main bills problem. 

That is a very low bar that has been set.  This defense, the one on the field today, is not a top 10 defense.

I agree with what you said in an earlier post that at 6-3 it is too early to call for McD's head; the organization can't keep doing that and expect to be better than 7-9.  But McD needs to change the way he coaches, as well as what he expects from his coordinators.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That is a very low bar that has been set.  This defense, the one on the field today, is not a top 10 defense.

I agree with what you said in an earlier post that at 6-3 it is too early to call for McD's head; the organization can't keep doing that and expect to be better than 7-9.  But McD needs to change the way he coaches, as well as what he expects from his coordinators.

Mcds defense is holding teams generally to 20 points or less. That's pretty good. If you mean the way he coaches in terms of game day etc then I'm open to hearing that. The record is everything for mcdermott. 

The offence is what worries me under mcdermott. 

Edited by london_bills

56 minutes ago, Chill said:

Mayfield is on a totally different level as Allen. 

Imagine if Mayfield had Landry and Higgins as his #1 and #2, and Chubb was getting less than 10 carries a game. And Njoku was leading the NFL in dropped passes. Do you think the outcome of today's game would have been different? Serious question. Because that's what our offense is right now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I cannot believe (i) Lee Smith was allowed to have two more penalties; (ii) Levi Wallace was left on an island; and (iii) Allen fumbled AGAIN.  Re the last point, but for a fortuitous bounce and great awareness by Feliciano, the story of this game is Allen coughing it up yet again, this time on the goal line.

Allen is a knucklehead.  Still has a high ceiling but I’m drafting a QB in the 3rd-4th round if I’m Beane.  Something about Allen is just off.

I’m very confused how any “process” could include a player like Lee Smith. I was a big Allen guy last season, and going into this year. I haven’t seen the progress that so many speak of. Even more concerning is the fact that he doesn’t play smart football. It’s tough to win with a QB like that these days. 

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

0-4 at attempts of 20+ yards...all over throws 

_20191110_184526.JPG

I think we're having two different conversations here. I'm talking about deep shots. He only had 2 of those this game. 1 he missed badly and 1 he had no chance of completing. The only other 20+ yard passes I remember were the drop by Roberts and the one where John Brown weirdly stopped running and jumped in the air.

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

This loss is on Josh and his inability to hit on any deep passes. The two he missed were the difference in the game.  No point in a cannon if you can’t hit anything with it...

Thats honestly your takeaway?! If so, your football acumen seems pretty suspect. Like the idiot who called the postgame show saying he wants to see a VET come and try and make these throws - WHAT?! YES, the deep balls need to come.... the sooner the better, but itll happen. It would have helped today, esp on the McKenzie throw BUT thats like 14th on the list of whats going on. 

When you play to outsocre the other team by a point, then the margin for error is much smaller and when everything doesn't go your way you end up with a game like today.

Plain STUPID things like being lucky they fell for the 1st Allen TD. Is our OC really that naive to think they are dumb enough to fall for it AGAIN?! Thats crap you try in Little Loop - NOT the NFL. Its just a pure WASTE of a redzone play!! Same with essentially the entire construct of the 3 plays prior to H missing his 1st FG attempt. The only shot at the endzone is essentially a throwaway?! GO FOR THE JUGULAR!! 

3rd and short and we go for a bomb that was essentially another throwaway?! Some will complain it was a poor pass by Allen, but he knew he was throwing into double coverage and put it over everyones head to be safe. Piss poor playcall right inline w 3 Gore runs up the middle last week and 3rd and 4 on the last play before the last attempt. A FADE route?! Low % play to begin with and just a safe dump by Allen bc it wasnt there. I guess props to Allen for knowing to be safe with it, but good god its poor playcalling. 

Its like he says to himself 'ok, i know this stuff works but this stuff doesnt so lets see if we can try and get it going' RATHER THAN DOING WHATS BEEN WORKING. 

At the start of the year it seemed as though plays were being stacked and each had a purpose to set stuff up for later in the game. Now its like he has a conservative play dart board and hes just chucking darts. 

Allen makes some GREAT throws and hopefully he is who we hope. 

Sure the fumbles and deep ball need to be fixed.

Yes, Motor could have been involved more.

Of course, if the D makes a stop they win.

Obviously 2 FG change the score.

Having a guy to make a play for the qb rather than watching poor drops.

THESE are ALL legitimate gripes.  

Sadly, they are all down the list because first and foremost the crappy conservative playcalling needs to be fixed becuase id imagine youd win more games trying to win 40 to 16 rather than 17-16. Time and place Daboll, time and place...

Edited by gobills1212

2 MAJOR weaknesses this team has personnel wise are at receiver and pass rusher. Hopefully we can fix that this offseason. Get sick of QBs having all day to throw against us. Also get sick of no YAC. 

Coaching wise, Daboll has been a travesty. Constantly overthinking it. Neutering Josh. Josh certainly isn’t free from blame either. I realize some of that is on McD, but I get the sense he’s extremely hands off with the offense. The OC is essentially the HC of the offense. Otherwise, why else would McD not tell Daboll to pull his head out of his a**. I really think he doesn’t do much on that side of the ball. Sounds dumb enough to be true around these parts. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

It's nice to see some Bills fans having some sense. It's going to be painful as we watch McDermott's career come to an end because it will be long slow. Culture over talent is not how to win in this league.

You actually need both in equal measure. 

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Sorry Charlie; great defenses still step up and stop the go-ahead score despite how awesome they played prior.  Just because they played stout earlier, doesn't excuse them letting Chubb carry 6 players on his back for another 10 yards or Wallace continuously getting exposed. 

Is the Defense perfect? No, no such thing as evident by the Pats thrashing at the hands of the Ravens last week. 

To say the defense didn’t do it’s job today however is ignorant.  They did more than enough and get next to no support from the offense.  

Clearly you’re one of those guys who puts the fan hood of his favorite QB ahead of the team, I’ve seen it time and time again since the Kelly era ended.   

If Josh hits those deep balls they win, no?

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Two plays signified it for me.  Bakers desperation pass to Landry to get them inside the 10, and Allen’s miss to Brown in the last series.   Mayfield gave his WR a chance at the catch, Allen didn’t.

Most people miss the point that if Allen makes the routine throws that an NFL QB is expected to make, there would be no need for 4Q heroics.   He’s not there yet, and the progress is very slow. 

Mayfield as compared to Allen: less talented athlete with a faster processing speed and better situational awareness.  What I saw in college and what I saw today.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m very confused how any “process” could include a player like Lee Smith. I was a big Allen guy last season, and going into this year. I haven’t seen the progress that so many speak of. Even more concerning is the fact that he doesn’t play smart football. It’s tough to win with a QB like that these days. 

His fumble today had reckless written all over it. The first big run he had, he covered up beautifully. That run was him putting blinders on and thinking he’s a bowling ball RB. I would love to sit in on meetings and practices this season as I am unsure of what Dorsey and Daboll are doing to improve him. He’s improved on short throws and that’s it really.

• Like (+1) 1

Yet again,  the Bills are just not good enough. They are good enough to beat the stiffs in 2019, but whenever there is a sniff of quality- can’t get it done!

Who to blame?

Well, it’s not the D, who was, by all measures, heroic!

Could be the GM, who traded up for an also ran QB, who simply cannot throw a completion for 30 yards, ergo sealing his gate, that he will never throw for 300 yards- a Millennial standard for any winning team!

Not much help for him- again on the GM.

And who is satisfied with the OC? He must have none the 0 for 50 Stat for the eedgit kicker! Yet, on the critical POG, he does NOT call a time out to get more or a First Down. Easily spikeable with what... 36 ticks? 

Making the Playoffs is still possible.

Is this the low 1 & out bar we’re seeking?

Sure as hades hope not.