Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

I'll ask you the same questions I asked Chemical then:

1) If you fire everyone, do you believe they'll pick someone better?

2) How long will you give the "mystery box coach?"

3) How many times are you willing to lather, rinse and repeat the process of blowing things up and starting over?

No, I have no faith that they will hire anyone competent so it really doesn't matter if I take the mystery box coach or not.  I guess just stay with McDermott and his neo-Jauronism then because, well, he's here, and he accepts our checks.

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Heck, if the defense could have managed a stop ont he last drive, they would have won the game!

But they didnt and the way that game was going nobody could have been that surprised that they didnt.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I'll be calling for McDermott's head from here on out. I didn't trust him with game management since his first season, but that final drive was disgusting an inexcusable. 

Why? because of execution or because he was playing for the tie? 

I cannot believe (i) Lee Smith was allowed to have two more penalties; (ii) Levi Wallace was left on an island; and (iii) Allen fumbled AGAIN.  Re the last point, but for a fortuitous bounce and great awareness by Feliciano, the story of this game is Allen coughing it up yet again, this time on the goal line.

Allen is a knucklehead.  Still has a high ceiling but I’m drafting a QB in the 3rd-4th round if I’m Beane.  Something about Allen is just off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Unfortunately no.  I've just never been on the McDermott train and he's done nothing to change my mind.  He took a good defense in Philly and wrecked it, he had a mediocre, soft, defense in Carolina and he's had a mediocre, soft, team here.  I see so many people talking about culture and character and blah, blah, blah.  Today was a game they needed to win and all their culture didn't do squat.  Their soft defense got smacked around all afternoon long, again, and they still managed to hand them a lead with 4 minutes left.  They needed to make them punt once. Nope.  Barely even slowed them down and they didn't luck out in the red zone the last time.  Needed a touchdown to win the game and they let clock run to obviously play for the tying 53 yard FG.  Best case scenario, they make that kick and then what? Go into overtime with a defense that has let the Browns march up and down the field?  Soft is a culture too and this team is soft. Soft and timid.

So fine, keep McDermott and see more of this, because this is what he is.  Or fire him and hire someone else and possibly see something different.  maybe better, maybe worse, maybe the same but at least there is an opportunity to be successful.  At this point?  Whatever.

And someone I'm sue will respond by saying they are 6-3!  how do you consider firing a 6-3 coach?!?  This is the worst 6-3 football team in the history of the league and they are in the process of being exposed in a big, big, way and to call what is coming anything more than an epic collapse is fooling yourself.  Who will the fall guy(s) be so we can keep the faith with McDermott?  

It's nice to see some Bills fans having some sense. It's going to be painful as we watch McDermott's career come to an end because it will be long and slow. Culture over talent is not how to win in this league.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Could have saved some draft picks and taken Rudolph

They will lose Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger, LeVeon Bell and Ryan Shazier in a calendar year and STILL make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

You can't realistically call for MCDS head at 6-3 with a top 3 D. 3-6 more possible. 

If this D is one of the best 3 defenses in the NFL in any way other than meaningless stats I'm the Pope.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They will lose Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger, LeVeon Bell and Ryan Shazier in a calendar year and STILL make the playoffs.

If this D is one of the best 3 defenses in the NFL in any way other than meaningless stats I'm the Pope.

It's doing better than the offence. The defense is not the main bills problem. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No one. They’ll talk about progress and process and culture some more until the inevitable firing. 

I don't want to hear process or culture anymore. You get embarrassed by a struggling 3-4 Eagles team. You almost lose to Miami and today you can't handle a struggling 2-6 Browns team. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I cannot believe (i) Lee Smith was allowed to have two more penalties; (ii) Levi Wallace was left on an island; and (iii) Allen fumbled AGAIN.  Re the last point, but for a fortuitous bounce and great awareness by Feliciano, the story of this game is Allen coughing it up yet again, this time on the goal line.

Allen is a knucklehead.  Still has a high ceiling but I’m drafting a QB in the 3rd-4th round if I’m Beane.  Something about Allen is just off.

Two plays signified it for me.  Bakers desperation pass to Landry to get them inside the 10, and Allen’s miss to Brown in the last series.   Mayfield gave his WR a chance at the catch, Allen didn’t.

Most people miss the point that if Allen makes the routine throws that an NFL QB is expected to make, there would be no need for 4Q heroics.   He’s not there yet, and the progress is very slow. 

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

You can't realistically call for MCDS head at 6-3 with a top 3 D. 3-6 more possible. 

When this D had to have a stop with 5 minutes to play, they rolled over and allowed Browns to have an 80 yard drive with winning TD. They suck and Fraizer needs to be shown the door with Daboll.