Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

Fair enough. 

I’m not saying he was Peterman bad. But at some point we have to start seeing more from Josh and he’s yet to show it. It’s getting to the point where it’s very concerning that perhaps he just doesn’t have it in him. All over the league we are seeing very young QB have great performances, yet Josh has yet to light it up. It’s not like he doesn’t have opportunities. The Bills are throwing a lot, they are giving Allen chances to hit deep throws. The defense has kept them in games. 

They're throwing too much. They have no balance on offense allowing the Defense to play hard against the pass and blitz heavy. The offensive line cannot adjust to free rushers (whether that's on Allen or the line is another ?). The route combinations are not creating seperation, and the personal packages have left me completely stymied throughout the year. The formations seem to all but verbally tell the defense what's coming their way, and the times we do have rhythm and successful play pairings, we completely abandon what's working and go to something else. 

Allan is, I think, playing very well for a second year QB whose a known work in progress. The Team as a whole is confusing in many ways. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, Murdox said:

I have to agree.  The number of missed throws to open receivers when he is NOT under any direct pressure is troubling. That said, he does have a great arm - not many QBs could fit the ball in he got to Beasley on the 2nd TD drive.

He's got it more physically then mentally basically 

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Run defense stuffed them countless times inside the 5 - they were above average at least today

They did better although the stat line will not reflect it. I think Star may have been the victim of an illegal chop block early that sprung a long one. They were using leverage to the left  like they were setting up a stretch play and I thought he was engaged with a blocker when they sent a pulling player low that took out his legs and created the hole for a long gainer.

Edmunds had some early mistakes, but also turned in some really good run-stopping plays. I want him to mature faster, but if I am honest and not just pissed, Edmunds is coming along. I think he eventually will become quite a stud for this defense. Like everyone else here - I want it to happen faster.

Still think that he would have been insanely good off the edge as a pass rusher or dropping back into coverage, but that ship has likely sailed and he will get there at MLB.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and he just got out coached by the worst HC in the league. 

fact if the OC isn’t good enough I don’t want ultra conservative McClappy and his Process picking another one. Just like I want him no where near picking another QB if Allen isn’t it 

I think I have run my course with Debol.....he doesnt adjust to what Allen is doing well TODAY......which is his short and intermediate game

A few thoughts watching from a great distance to counter some of the hyper over-reactions after every win (we are super bowl bound) and loss (fire everyone, trade everyone and do a complete rebuild)

1. Daboll does not put JA in a position to succeed. Most coaches fail because they are too stupid or try to be too smart - Daboll is the latter.

He does not do enough play action, roll-outs to create more oportunities for JA and definitely either a) abandons the running the game or b) features 

Gore over Devin

2. Defense needs to find a way to stop the run and create some turnovers - the past few weeks, we come up with almost no turnovers to help the offense

3.  What really hurts our offense is lack of big-play capability. What is our longest TD this year? JA can not hit the long ball or the receivers can  not find it; Gore has no explosiveness; Singletary is a very good runner but not a game- breaker. If you watch KC - they have a lot of TD's on short passes where the receiver breaks a tackle and outruns everyone to the end zone. We need more speed on offense.

4. JA is not a bust and being benched for Barkley  (a career journeyman) and is not currently a franchise QB. He is a QB from a small-time program that has a big learning curve. He does some things well and some things poorly. The jury is still out - not the time yet to over-reach and anoint him either of the two. Give him one more year with some decent weapons - then we can make an intelligent assessment

5. McD is a good coach - not a great coach - relax, he is not being fired - he has brought order and stability and a decent record to this franchise. Give him some more time and then we will see. 

6 GM is not getting fired - in general has done a decent job of managing the cap and drafting (past year's draft is still a TBD) - and creating order in the front office. My biggest criticism is his propensity to trade up

All this being said, this was a terrible loss in a must win game and blame falls on offense, defense, coaches, coordinators and special teams

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I think I have run my course with Debol.....he doesnt adjust to what Allen is doing well TODAY......which is his short and intermediate game

Ok then. If Daboll has run his course McD should be right behind 

Too conservative. They played for OT once they hit FG range with loads of time on the clock. 

I don’t think our games this year are gonna get any prettier . Josh is inconsistent at times and WRs are dropping balls other times. Hate watching other games and seeing WRs make tough catches but our guys can’t, just irritates me. 

Someone got to be accountable for only handing the ball to Singletary 8 times. We ain’t a passing team and this is the ***** that hurts us the most.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

They did better although the stat line will not reflect it. I think Star may have been the victim of an illegal chop block early that sprung a long one. They were using leverage to the left  like they were setting up a stretch play and I thought he was engaged with a blocker when they sent a pulling player low that took out his legs and created the hole for a long gainer.

Edmunds had some early mistakes, but also turned in some really good run-stopping plays. I want him to mature faster, but if I am honest and not just pissed, Edmunds is coming along. I think he eventually will become quite a stud for this defense. Like everyone else here - I want it to happen faster.

Still think that he would have been insanely good off the edge as a pass rusher or dropping back into coverage, but that ship has likely sailed and he will get there at MLB.

run defense gave up a 150 so long way to go 

Very nice games by Allen and White today. 

I love what they are doing to try to grow their QB into a passer while also trying to win.

To improve:

Start hitting the deep passes when they are open.

They need more juice in the running game.

2020 - Would be nice to have another shutdown corner opposite #27.

NY times playoff machine chances dropping from about 70% to about 50% after today.  Steelers, Broncos, Jets, Dolphins are all playing their best ball right now.

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Roman has always been good.  Has nothing to do with Harbaugh.  Hell Roman was great here.  We had a top ten offense every year Roman was here and scape goated him after we scored 31 in a losing effort and played terrible D.  Roman was great in SF, great here, and clearly great in Baltimore also. 

I disagree.  Everyone HATED Roman when he was here.  The offense couldn't score points.  It wasn't until Roman was fired and Anthony Lynn became OC and called the plays did the offense become top 10 in scoring.

Baltimore's success is due to John Harbaugh; been that way for years.  It is no mistake they recently won a SB and could go again this year.

2 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

A few thoughts watching from a great distance to counter some of the hyper over-reactions after every win (we are super bowl bound) and loss (fire everyone, trade everyone and do a complete rebuild)

1. Daboll does not put JA in a position to succeed. Most coaches fail because they are too stupid or try to be too smart - Daboll is the latter.

He does not do enough play action, roll-outs to create more oportunities for JA and definitely either a) abandons the running the game or b) features 

Gore over Devin

2. Defense needs to find a way to stop the run and create some turnovers - the past few weeks, we come up with almost no turnovers to help the offense

3.  What really hurts our offense is lack of big-play capability. What is our longest TD this year? JA can not hit the long ball or the receivers can  not find it; Gore has no explosiveness; Singletary is a very good runner but not a game- breaker. If you watch KC - they have a lot of TD's on short passes where the receiver breaks a tackle and outruns everyone to the end zone. We need more speed on offense.

4. JA is not a bust and being benched for Barkley  (a career journeyman) and is not currently a franchise QB. He is a QB from a small-time program that has a big learning curve. He does some things well and some things poorly. The jury is still out - not the time yet to over-reach and anoint him either of the two. Give him one more year with some decent weapons - then we can make an intelligent assessment

5. McD is a good coach - not a great coach - relax, he is not being fired - he has brought order and stability and a decent record to this franchise. Give him some more time and then we will see. 

6 GM is not getting fired - in general has done a decent job of managing the cap and drafting (past year's draft is still a TBD) - and creating order in the front office. My biggest criticism is his propensity to trade up

All this being said, this was a terrible loss in a must win game and blame falls on offense, defense, coaches, coordinators and special teams

Stop making rational observations, were trying to have a meltdown here

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ticketssince61 said:

Gore over Devin

If we could just see 4th quarter Allen all 4 quarters we'd be onto something.  He seems to make a number of clutch plays late in games.  He did it this week also but the other 3 quarters there's huge sequences where the offense can't do anything.