Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

I think the problem is that on offense we don’t tend to feature players. Like for example I see a special players in Knox but we don’t go out of our way run a package of plays for him. Basically the same with our primary skill position players. 

With that being said our off season priority should be getting a 1 receiver and let John Brown tear up the number 2 corner

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Playing for a 53 yard field goal. Mind blowing.  Moving the ball down the field and then throttle back to play for a low percentage field goal. McDermott needs to figure out how to coach to win. Stop playing so scared. In one regard he will let his FG kicker get another chance but won’t let his franchise QB win a game. 

Been this  all season. McDermott isnt calling the offense but it sure feels like his coaching philosophy.  Allen no turnovers today but they still need to let him make plays  All those low % deep shots and tough outside throws when we needed less than 5 for a first down prove either Allen cant read the defense at all or Daboll is a terrible coordinator. 

Haushka is not the same guy from 2017  McDermott needs to remove the rosy glasses. Defense needed to get after Baker on that last drive but we played in typical McDermott fashion waiting for a mistake that never came

Besides the loss this was another fairly tough to watch game.  No consistency on offense  Defense on the field way too long  Lee Smith and the rest of the process guys doing their thing

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

And what about K.C. losing to Tennessee WITH the GOAT Mahomes?

Mahomes played lights out.  446 yds.

He is not the problem in KC.  That is on their defense.   

If you think differently,  I feel sorry for you. 

1 minute ago, dubs said:

right?

its not that I don’t like Allen. I do. He’s got a ton of talent. He can make plays here and there and I like his running ability. 

ive just never felt like he was in control, could take over a game with his arm, or just dominate through the air. Nothing ever feels easy with him. 

He can't dominate for more than a play or two that's right. 

I'll say this: win or lose this team is not fun to watch at all. There are no exciting plays on either side of the ball and it is driving me crazy. I'm pulling my hair out every week because these games are intensely close and freaking boring at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 1

This offense has regressed - drops, play calling, lack of Singletary (8 carries), Lee Smith penalties, zero confidence they are able to score- and I will say it Allen is never going to be a franchise quarterback- what you see at this point is what you get- receiver wise I have not seen a contested catch in nearly a decade ( some sarcasm but not much)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

I would like to invite you to try to have a conversation without throwing insults around. 

You can't honestly tell me that, like I said, if Allen hits that one pass for a TD, he isn't catching the blame he is getting right now. Win or lose, if he hits that pass, most fans place the blame elsewhere.

If hits that pass, we likely wont be having this discussion.  Unfortunately, he never hits that pass, is wildly inaccurate with it.  Its concerning 

1 minute ago, davspo said:

This offense has regressed - drops, play calling, lack of Singletary (8 carries), Lee Smith penalties, zero confidence they are able to score- and I will say it Allen is never going to be a franchise quarterback- what you see at this point is what you get- receiver wise I have not seen a contested catch in nearly a decade ( some sarcasm but not much)

Agree

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Was the pass there?  Yes.   It needed to be completed. 

It wasn't, just like the plethora of other over throws he didn't connect on. 

I thought the deep pass was Allens strength? 

What the hell is his strength at this point??? 

Taking off and running from what I can see, as well as short, quick slants which is what we should be running.  It isn't the deep ball; he has the arm, not the accuracy.  

Our offense isn't good but relax.  We were never going to the SB this season.  If anyone thought that I would like some of what they were smoking.  The Browns smoked the beloved Ravens just a few weeks ago.  KC lost to the Titans.  Giants lost to the Jets.  Atlanta destroyed NO.  Losses happen  doesn't matter how bad a team is.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I never thought we’d guarantee roll the Browns.  

It was a 50/50 game in my eyes.  

We lost, but people predicting a blowout by the Browns were just trolling and that’s worse than the always-optimists. 

We will have to grind to make the playoffs, and it is what it is because we’re another offseason away. 

That's great for you, whoopee, that doesn't change anything about me calling out people calling normal posters who weren't saying anything egregious pathetic, now that they've been proven so wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

We saw this with trent werent we 5 and 2 and ended up like 7 and 9 or something

Browns have some serious high level players

elite perhaps

Chubb Landry and Beckham come to mind. that is very tough to defense and we did quite well.
Mistakes will kill you ,and the Bills made mistakes

Allen again needs to look in the mirror with putting ball on the carpet

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

I swear clock management by not just the Bills but the majority of the teams across the NFL and college football is absolutely brutal. It's like they have no clue how a clock works.

Like yeah let's throw a pass to Singletary.. he gets tackled then let's burn at least 25 seconds before the next play and leave 26 seconds on the gameclock at the CLE 35-yard line. We had 59 seconds left with a timeout left from their 41-yard line then one play later we have 26 seconds left from their 35-yard line. Seriously WTH.

I didn't get this one. It's really like they went for a tie instead of a win. But besides that, I actually think clock management has been decent this year. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

You're so disingenuous. Go look at the context of the conversation and come back when you know what you're talking about. Someone used that low percentage pass as reason for why Allen is to blame for the loss, which is idiotic. It's a low percentage pass and it's not a game-defining play either way. If he makes it it's better, obviously, but every QB misses passes like that every game without being flamed for the loss as a whole. 

It’s not disingenuous to say that pass contributed to the loss at all. Was it THE reason for the loss? Of course not. But waiving that play away and saying “low percentage” so it didn’t matter? That it was inconsequential? BS. You’re the disingenuous one. Joshie is a big boy now and the QB of the team. He bears blame here. Or you can keep deluding yourself. Pathetic

35 minutes ago, arcane said:

Hauschka is 0 for his last 5 behind 50 yards. We had ample time and a 1st down. Why were we so indifferent about moving the ball any closer? Or heaven forbid, scoring a touchdown?

McDermott played for OT... Gutless

• Like (+1) 1