Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

1 minute ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Wow, I thought Allen looked decent today. Just has to figure out those deep throws, and I think it’s mostly a confidence issue. Once he hits on one deep throw, he’ll get his confidence back and start hitting on more.

I was happy w/ his play overall, also.  I find the over-the-top criticism of him to be irrational - he deserves some blame, but he's actually progressing fairly well for a 2nd year guy.

Not sure what people expect at this point of his career.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Conlan58 said:

Hit the deep ball to a wide open McKenzie for a TD and it's not a part of the discussion. 

If a QB missing one low percentage pass is why he's being blamed for the loss, the fanbase doing the blaming has mental health issues... which makes sense given the context. 

Just now, SCBills said:

He needs to improve but he was like #8 on reasons we lost.  

This seems like a fine statement. He outplayed Baker from the 10 minute mark of the 3rd forward from what I saw.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

We had at least 2 chances for Hauschka to win this game and he failed.

LOL why are a bunch of you content with scoring FG's?  That doesn't win you games or take you to the playoffs. 

The O has to put up TD's in the red zone and not just settle.  The only good thing was we were like 75% efficiency in this regard but we couldn't convert this week.  That is what happens when you rely on kickers to get you wins. 

We were not able to embarrass a very bad Browns' defense.  The joke is on Daboll. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Baltimore's D is good enough, and has been getting better each week.  The Bills will get destroyed by Baltimore.

Keep the faith my friend! Any given Sunday! I mean who expected the chiefs to lose to Tannahill and the Titans! (And Mahomes had a killer game I think over 409 yards and 3 TDS?)

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

Play calling is not the problem?  So on 3rd and 3, it is smart play calling to dial up a 30 yard pass, even though Josh's completion percentage of 20+ is like 10%?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

He didn't play great, but I am not putting this loss on him whatsoever.

But, does he hold any responsibility for that last shytstain of a 3rd down sequence?

That is my biggest gripe for this loss, the lack of urgency on that final fatal 3rd down sequence.

Good question... That last drive was a mess once it was past the 40 and it wasn't Joshes fault as far as I could see. If they had let him play he'd have either scored a TD, or gotten us closer. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Wow, I thought Allen looked decent today. Just has to figure out those deep throws, and I think it’s mostly a confidence issue. Once he hits on one deep throw, he’ll get his confidence back and start hitting on more.

Those.  

And easily 3 drops.  

Allen wasn't great but he was fine.  He, like Goff, Dak, and others needs more than just 1 weapon.  And an OC that can find out how to exploit the other teams weaknesses which I'm not sure he has all year.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

If Josh hits a WIDE OPEN McKenzie, is this game even close? 

Easy to say he was open but factor it that he might have been the third or fourth option and the pass rush forces the play.  

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

If a QB missing one low percentage pass is why he's being blamed for the loss, the fanbase doing the blaming has mental health issues... which makes sense given the context. 

Lol... "missing one". Next one he hits will be his first, so I'm not sure how you can justify that take, but to each their own.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Play calling is not the problem?  So on 3rd and 3, it is smart play calling to dial up a 30 yard pass, even though Josh's completion percentage of 20+ is like 10%?

That ONE play alone is worth its own thread....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

good point. but at some point you have to trust/teach/give up on??? JA to see if he will ever learn to throw a deep pass.