Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

He wasnt good enough to win it for us.

He couldn't hit passes and make consistently good decisions.

The defence stopped them several times and is ranked top 3 in the league. Its not on them. I don't discount Daboll completely but for me Allen makes Daboll look worse by being so consistently inconsistent. 

The half that I saw Allen was playing very well and had several plays where you could tell the route combinations were immediately known by the Defense, and the offensive line was completely beat on the jump... 

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

IMO this game was entirely on Allen. He’s been given numerous chances to hit the deep throw and he hasn’t hit a single one yet. Just hit one and the bills win the game. 

He can’t even get it within the zip code

of his intended target.

Bills Defense Choked.

Bills Special Teams Choked.

Bills Offense was usual below average performance.

Bills Coaching was usual below average offensively and mediocre defensively.

This is not a playoff team.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Baltimore D is not that good, the Pats has them on the ropes with the no huddle. I will be excited see how the Bills D handles the College style O they run with one of if not the most athletic QBs in Jackson. 

Baltimore's D is good enough, and has been getting better each week.  The Bills will get destroyed by Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The offensive play calling was mixed, the kicker missed two FGs one he simply has to make.....

But the Quarterback has to play better. And it comes down to that to me. That is a game that we lose in an almost identical way with Tyrod, or Fitz or Trent. Josh was supposed to elevate us beyond that and when he has been asked to that this year he hasn't been able to get it done. He has to get better. For the first time I genuinely believe that the clock is now ticking. 

Might it have something to do with Ken Dorsey? What are they teaching him to do? Josh doesn’t look anything like he did last year at this time. Some for the better and some for the worse.

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who pins the blame solely on Allen. He's part of the problem, but not the only one.

I agree with you 100%. But scroll through here and note the "this loss is on Allen" comments. That's all I'm referring too. 

Just now, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Wow, I thought Allen looked decent today. Just has to figure out those deep throws, and I think it’s mostly a confidence issue. Once he hits on one deep throw, he’ll get his confidence back and start hitting on more.

It's like someone told him either our guy or nothing, dont be short into coverage. Hes gone three games without a pic now. That's something 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Does anyone have any rational examples of how this loss is in anyway the fault of Allen?...

He didn't play great, but I am not putting this loss on him whatsoever.

But, does he hold any responsibility for that last shytstain of a 3rd down sequence?

That is my biggest gripe for this loss, the lack of urgency on that final fatal 3rd down sequence.

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

You're such an 

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

The o doesn’t score enough and the D does not come up with takeaways

In order to create takeaways you really need to have a strong pass rush to force mistakes by the QB. And the Bills do not. That needs to be addressed in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chill said:

Josh may be salvageable if we make a change at OC fast. Dabs have ruined him almost to the point of no return. 

Daboll/Mcd and Beane could be salvageable if we make a change at QB. It's not going to happen right now but I am worried this is setting us back again. 

• Like (+1) 1