Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Um, well, I guess you have a point w/ the Ravens.  

We can beat the Pats, Steelers and Cowboys. Not that we'll win all of those, but it's not like the latter 2 are juggernauts, and the Pats will be competitive.

Are you just penciling in a loss against every decent team?

We can’t beat the Browns and barely made it out the jets and the phone games. We aren’t good enough to pencil in wins against bad teams at this point. Odds are we lose at least one of those and lose to the actual good teams

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

BS; he's part to blame.  But he did pass them down for the go ahead score and then drove them down for the tying FG.  The defense let them marched down the field.

The defense held them to 19 points... No part of this L is on them.  To be a championship caliber football team, you have to be able to score more than 20 points against the Browns, or any other NFL defense for that matter.

Josh left touchdowns on the field, that’s literally the difference in the game...

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Offense looked like last year. Players didnt have any fire today while Cleveland was playing for its life. This team needs to develop a killer instinct.

The lack of use with Singletary is baffling

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Starting to seriously question if Josh Allen can improve. Right now it just doesn’t seem so and this is exactly who he might be. And if what we are watching is what Allen “might be”. It isn’t good enough 

Certainly not the craziest comment we will read here.

I actually  think the bills played a good game on the road where they withstood the initial onslaught.   They just don’t click enough on offense.   Lots of plays that could have swung this game.  Missed fgs.   How about the terrible overthrow to McKenzie?   He has to relax and hit that.  

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's reasonable to pencil in losses in games in which we will be underdogs, yes. By the same token, we should pencil in wins the next two games and against the Jets. That puts us at 9-7.

I mean, that's not really the NFL.

I don't think it's reasonable at all.  The Bills could run the table for all we know.

4 minutes ago, dayman said:

Plenty of room to win this easily if Josh was good at all, but he wasn't. Numbers don't much matter either. As it is, we still could have won if Hauschka makes it kicks..but we'll never have a good lead with Josh playing as he does he's just not a good QB. 

Kicker makes his FGs.

WRs catch balls, and even, make good catches on balls. 

I hate how folks who really dont understand football always blame the QB when a team loses.

Anyways., I think I'm gonna take a vacation from these boards...

giphy.webp

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

DAboll called 13 running plays to the RBs.  Cleveland was averaging giving up over 140 yards a game.  That is an indictment on game planning and play calls. 

....could this be indicative of his resume' showing one year stops except for Cleveland with Mangini?....wouldn't you retain the good ones?......I'm probably old school, senior moment fickle though.....

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

As for everyone jumping off bridges cause we lost to an inferior team, take a look at the Chiefs and the Saints today. Who we are isn't defined by this loss..

It isn’t just one game. The Chiefs and Saints have proven consistently capable of being the better team against quality competition. The Bills haven’t. The Bills haven’t impressed, outside of the Patriots game, even in wins. The Bills played schedule doesn’t instill confidence in their victories. The QB play and run defense leaves a lot of concern.

Its not just the game today. There’s a trend that analytics backs up and it’s not favorable to the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..FOURTEEN rushes (Josh excluded) has NO bearing...YAWN.......versus 29th rush defense....perfect sense....

He can't run the ball if he doesn't get the call. 

Haus was asked to kick 2 FG and he missed. 

I agree they didn't run singletary enough. 

Garbage. This team is mediocre at best.  Hauschka is done might as well start looking now.  I don't know who sucks worse the bills or the sabres.   bills o is garbage.  d is garbage.  I hope daboll moves on or gets fired.  Another soul crushing loss.   I wish I was born in Boston.  You have 0 wins over anybody that has more than 2 wins.  Plus you just lost to the browns. That is the definition of pathetic. Gonna follow that with a blowout loss to the dolphins.  Typical buffalo.  What can go wrong will go wrong times ten.  Just so frustrated.  They should of just moved both franchises what's the point.