Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

Just now, dubs said:

Blaming play calling is ignorant. 

these players need to make plays. It starts with Allen and the Oline.

the NFL isn’t techmo bowl when picking the wrong play is a jailbreak. 

...I agree...Daboll is a meld of Marchibroda and Coryell........his one year OC stops were teams letting a great one slip away......SMH....

• Haha (+1) 1

Starting to seriously question if Josh Allen can improve. Right now it just doesn’t seem so and this is exactly who he might be. And if what we are watching is what Allen “might be”. It isn’t good enough 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen hasn't been good, this much we know is true.  But neither has Mayfield or Darnold.  Could it be that these guys still need more time against NFL defenses?  Could it be that these three have s**t for OC's, especially Allen?  Put Allen in Baltimore, Seattle, NE, or even Arizona and I'll bet he's MUCH better...just a hunch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unclepete said:

Where do you see 10 wins? Pats, Steelers, ravens and cowboys are still left. 

Um, well, I guess you have a point w/ the Ravens.  

We can beat the Pats, Steelers and Cowboys. Not that we'll win all of those, but it's not like the latter 2 are juggernauts, and the Pats will be competitive.

Are you just penciling in a loss against every decent team?

Just now, dubs said:

Blaming play calling is ignorant. 

these players need to make plays. It starts with Allen and the Oline.

the NFL isn’t techmo bowl when picking the wrong play is a jailbreak. 

Someone needs to explain what happened on that last 3rd down sequence.

Even a pee wee football player knows to hurry the frig up.

Plenty of room to win this easily if Josh was good at all, but he wasn't. Numbers don't much matter either. As it is, we still could have won if Hauschka makes it kicks..but we'll never have a good lead with Josh playing as he does he's just not a good QB. 

As for everyone jumping off bridges cause we lost to an inferior team, take a look at the Chiefs and the Saints today. Who we are isn't defined by this loss.. unfortunately it's becoming quite clear that unless we stop getting in our own damn way, we're not gonna win when the chips are down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

Well sure if you didn't watch the game and have no understanding of playcalling QB was definitely a concern. 

I watched the game, play calling is not the issue.   The plays were absolutely there.   Our Qb failed miserably at execution. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The third and three play where josh threw incomplete deep to Beasley, who was double-covered, changed the game.

But Levi Wallace losing track of Higgins lost the game.

SO MUCH THIS. 

That 3rd down playcall stuck in my head all game.   

Here's how I see it...

We need to win the next two. We should win the next two.

We'll be 8-3, and then we will be underdogs in the next four. By the same token that we should win the next two, we should lose those four.

We might end up 8-7 and hoping to beat the Jets to go 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs. Disappointing.

Issues:

• Hauschka
  • Run defense
  • Allen playing too "in control"/soft and not hitting the deep ball. Where's the passion on the sidelines we used to see? It's like he's trying to stay "within himself" and be too careful.