Foster over williams

ILBillsfan

9 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Horrible decision, the Browns are bad vs the run and I would like Duke out there helping to block vs having Fosters one deep route. I do not get the love fest for Foster by this staff

Excellent decision.  Duke isn't good and and we already have enough TE's.  Secondary is horrible for the Browns

• Like (+1) 1

Foster was a top receiver 2nd half last year, but his failure to adjust to Josh's deep throw was baffling last week.  Its like he lost the ball in the lights or didn't know he was targeted. 

Finally Josh underthrows a deep ball, but he didn't make a play on it, no chance for a catch, pass interference, nothing.  Frustrating.  We need to have an offense that can hit on these now and then, but Foster seems to be slumping.

Just now, wppete said:

Cmon!!!!! Why sit Duke???? Sit Mackenzie let Duke play! 

I like Duke as well, but not at McKenzie's expense. Crazy to say this perhaps, but it seems like he when the offense is clicking it seems that he is on the field, he stirs the drink so to speak. It seemed like last week that Motor's best carries were coming off McKenzie going on his "Jet motion" pre snap. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Horrible decision, the Browns are bad vs the run and I would like Duke out there helping to block vs having Fosters one deep route. I do not get the love fest for Foster by this staff

I can't say I recall seeing Duke on special teams but do remember Foster making a strong tackle or two. 

21 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I don’t get the love fest for Duke on this board.

Not sure what is going on with Duke do not want to read too much into it, but Daboll's offensive personnel decisions are kind of like the offense itself - no identity.

I think that is a purposeful thing in that he is trying to replicate a NE game plan-specific personnel package each week, but this group "ain't" there yet in regards to being able to consistently execute like that. Would think keeping some consistency with the guys on the field to develop that consistency in execution would be a better approach.

Same way I don't believe that every offensive play has to be a new look to be successful, success can come because a play (even one a defense is expecting) is well executed and your guys are well coached and know how to win some of the match-ups you create.

I think Duke brings that physicality to the edge and that is also where we need to attack this defense on runs so the decision is a bit baffling.

• Awesome! (+1) 1