Bills at Browns Pre-Game thread

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Which apparently means nothing ... if any team is taking the other one lightly, having paid attention to both sides all week, it’s Cleveland

A 2-6 team have less to lose.

It's only a 'trap game' for one team. That's why it takes 'mental toughness' to have a winning record and still dominate teams. That said the bills are not favourites which I think will help actually. 

I do feel that the record can make a difference to teams, depending on how well they are coached.

Cleveland will want to show that they are better than 2-6. 

Any volatile team with a number 1 QB and no 1 WR could be seen as a trap game away from home. I expect the bills to win and also play well but I can think its important for the bills to build a lead. 

Go Bills and Go Allen! 

Edited by london_bills

6 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Corey Liuget is definitely playing.

I know that Senorise Perry is a Special Teams ace, but I wish we would use T.J. Yeldon more. I know that he is an ok runner, but he's a good receiver. We need all the offensive players we can get.

Too bad for Duke Williams. Can we finally get Robert Foster into the game, and not by just throwing deep passes to him?

Ryan Bates out. So we go back to Nseke/Ford?

No Dean Marlowe. Does Jaquon Johnson get some meaningful playing time today?

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's the NFL. Any NFL defense can stop the run if that's all the opposing offense can do. Browns are going to put 11 men in box. Allen is going to have to actually pass the ball today if they're going to have a chance to win.

We get it, WA. You hate the guy. Enough already. You’ve turned your usual charming self into a crusader. Crusaders don’t last long.

• Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's the NFL. Any NFL defense can stop the run if that's all the opposing offense can do. Browns are going to put 11 men in box. Allen is going to have to actually pass the ball today if they're going to have a chance to win.

Bills can be balanced today. Only 10 mph wind  in CLE right now, not going to affect the gameplan. Some rain possible late. 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Corey Liuget is definitely playing.

I know that Senorise Perry is a Special Teams ace, but I wish we would use T.J. Yeldon more. I know that he is an ok runner, but he's a good receiver. We need all the offensive players we can get.

Too bad for Duke Williams. Can we finally get Robert Foster into the game, and not by just throwing deep passes to him?

Ryan Bates out. So we go back to Nseke/Ford?

No Dean Marlowe. Does Jaquon Johnson get some meaningful playing time today?

The Bills actually said this week they are going back to Ford/Nseckhe combo

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

What confuses me is that people here expect the Bills will be able to just pound the football at will and win. It took four plays to gain one yard last week against the Redskins.

Obviously that means our run game sucks.

OR ... it could have been crappy play calling.

Come on, Wayne!

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

What confuses me is that people here expect the Bills will be able to just pound the football at will and win. It took four plays to gain one yard last week against the Redskins.

No one thinks they’ll be like Navy and run the triple option. Short yardage ( especially lined up tight and running the same play 3 times in a row lol) is different than normal down and distance. Balance is key, but the Browns aren’t good vs the run. 

24 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm watching NFL Network and they are under the impression that we are 2-6 and the Browns are 6-2 judging by their coverage. It's as if our players don't exist and only the Browns players matter, especially OBJ. What ridiculous coverage...

EDIT: ZERO Browns fans around town today wearing anything... shocker...

ODB 39 catches 575 yards 1 TD 22 first downs

John Brown 42 catches 603 yards 2 TD 33 first downs

• Like (+1) 2