Bills Mafia invading Cleveland? Update: probable

benderbender

11 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The GM is the one failing here, not the owner. The GM seems as if he's one of those arrogant types who thinks he knows exactly what he is doing, much like Daniel Snyder in Washington. I think they are following the Jets plan to a T by going big on D, signing a splashy FA, and allowing their OLine to get their franchise QB killed and go uncoached.

They're on their 5th GM in the 7 years their owner has had the team that seems like an owner problem.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Watching this made me want to fly up to the game earlier.  But I think I got the flu...just got the flu shot on last Friday too.

@Augie I’ll text you in the morning about Whitehall.  Maybe this is a 24 hour fever.

Chill and take it easy IF you’re not feeling well. I’ll wait to hear. Tomorrow is my son’s BDay so I have to focus in the kitchen after the game. He’s planning on Whitehall, at least four first half. Our house is the party spot post-game, and I have to be safe around knives and fire. I’ll still Uber.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Watching this made me want to fly up to the game earlier.  But I think I got the flu...just got the flu shot on last Friday too.

@Augie I’ll text you in the morning about Whitehall.  Maybe this is a 24 hour fever.

If you had the flu flu, like the influenza virus, you wouldn't think you have it, you'd know you have it, and you wouldn't be hopeful of a 24 hour fever. You'd be wondering if it's time to go to the hospital 

It's likely a random cold virus

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Flu shot doesn't necessarily prevent you from getting the flu.  It prevents you from dying from the flu.  Per a doctor when I caught the flu after haven gotten a flu shot a couple months prior.

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

If you had the flu flu, like the influenza virus, you wouldn't think you have it, you'd know you have it, and you wouldn't be hopeful of a 24 hour fever. You'd be wondering if it's time to go to the hospital 

BUT - in either case it’s a great idea to share it with 300+ Bills fans in a closed environment! If you ever felt the need to thin the herd.....here is your opportunity!  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The GM is the one failing here, not the owner. The GM seems as if he's one of those arrogant types who thinks he knows exactly what he is doing, much like Daniel Snyder in Washington. I think they are following the Jets plan to a T by going big on D, signing a splashy FA, and allowing their OLine to get their franchise QB killed and go uncoached.

Dorsey is a legit NFL guy.  11 years as Director of College Scouting in Green Bay while they drafted players like Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, etc.

Built a pretty good Chiefs team while he was GM there for 4 years.  Drafted Mahomes, Hunt, Hill. 

He does know defense better than offense (played linebacker and teams 5 seasons for GB)

I can't comment on their OL follies - I thought it was very weird to trade their 2018 #33 pick to the Rams for what's reported as a 2021 5th, but then I thought it was weird to cut their starting LT for missing a plane to June minicamp as a 'last straw' - until the AZ Cardinals cut him after an arrest warrant was issued for felony (choke-slamming a woman).  I think Dorsey felt the OL was in reasonable shape having a rookie who had looked reasonable at LT last year, a high draft pick on OL, and a good center. 

In KC, Dorsey repeatedly prioritized talent over character which is how they wound up with Hunt and Hill.  Maybe he's doing more of the same, and it's biting the Browns on the butt because maybe the same guys who can mesh into a functional team that is already successful and has stable coaching and systems, don't work out as well on a team that needs to build all of the above.

And this is why if/when they re-align the divisions, they need to put Buffalo in with Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Easy drive for an away game. If you can't fill the stadiums with your own fans, visiting fans will do it. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And this is why if/when they re-align the divisions, they need to put Buffalo in with Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Easy drive for an away game. If you can't fill the stadiums with your own fans, visiting fans will do it. 

Who is the 4th team in that scenario? Cincy or Detroit.?

Cincy makes it simpler in that you just swap buffalo and baltimore, but if you really wanted a bigger makeover of divisions Detroit makes some sense also because you could put Cincy with indy

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, arcane said:

Yeah I think I’m just being a baby.  My body is just meh and fever is only around 100.3.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I think I’m just being a baby.  My body is just meh and fever is only around 100.3.

Butt, did you enjoy the back door heat check? This could be the highlight of your weekend! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

My sister is at that bar with her husband.  She sent me a pic with them and Elvis.  TheY swung by the Hilton where the players are staying too (creepy?)

I had the invite to go, but had other obligations 

I don’t know why, but when I read your last sentence, I think maybe you’re a small town veterinarian from 1938 Appalachia, or you’re a gentleman caller about to court  the local school marm. 

Much classier than “I had some $@#$ to do”! 

• Haha (+1) 1