"Lo Down" with Lorenzo Alexander this week

It's usually pretty good and gives some insight into the real workings behind some of the "Coach Speak" we hear from McD and his coordinators.

Especially good this week IMO.  He and Murphy discuss the different roles of talent and culture on the team, some details about the actual role of having veteran leadership at each position, and so forth.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/the-lo-down-with-lorenzo-alexander-x0194

'Zo isn't having any of that "Battle of Talent vs Culture" thing either.  Says "we have talent on this team"

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

We all know that anyone employed by Bills whether front office, coach, player, media person, training staff are mouth pieces. :rolleyes:

Even cleaning person / locker room towel boys are aside from ***** who was canned for digging in garbage cans and feeding into to McConjecture.

You're not going to hear some startling revelation or dirt on the team, if that's the only thing that floats you you'd waste your time.

I find it interesting because he talks about what buzzwords like "culture" look like to him from the perspective of a guy sitting in meetings taking criticism and preparing to play every week. 

If it doesn't interest you, so be it.

Peace Out. [Edit: it appears I slipped and fell into Limeaid's Sar Chasm. All good!]

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

We all know that anyone employed by Bills whether front office, coach, player, media person, training staff are mouth pieces. :rolleyes:

Even cleaning person / locker room towel boys are aside from ***** who was canned for digging in garbage cans and feeding into to McConjecture.

Players are hardly mouth pieces.  In today's NFL they are free to say whatever they want - even if it's to the detriment of the team and/or themselves.  The fact the Bills players rally around the FO, Coaches, system, city and each other - isn't because they're controlled mouth pieces - it's because change has come.  

Oh snap, did I not figure out you were being sarcastic?

Edited by White Linen
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Oh snap, did I not figure out you were being sarcastic?

You were not only one.  No way to make these emoii larger and in bold which is why I usually stick with italics, bold, etc. but I am an old fool who used to do ANSI drawings and wishes he had a copy of the one with crowd with pitchforks and torches.

Love this segment! Didn’t get to hear it this week as they switched to the Sabres game at 1:30. 

Zo is a true pro and, while I’d love to see him for one more year, it would be great if he could land in front of a mic should he decide to hang the cleats up. 

This was a great segment. Zo does call it like he see’s it and I loved his take. Both culture and talent are important but you really need both. We have a bunch of the first and some of the second. Perfect trajectory!

• Like (+1) 1

Its must watch YouTube every week!

10 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Love this segment! Didn’t get to hear it this week as they switched to the Sabres game at 1:30. 

Zo is a true pro and, while I’d love to see him for one more year, it would be great if he could land in front of a mic should he decide to hang the cleats up. 

This was a great segment. Zo does call it like he see’s it and I loved his take. Both culture and talent are important but you really need both. We have a bunch of the first and some of the second. Perfect trajectory!

22 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yeah Sean should take lessons from Zo on how to handle interviews and talk about his team.  It IS possible to provide insight and add some flavor to what you say instead of just spewing off the exact same boring lines over and over every week since August.

McD is basically unwatchable at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah Sean should take lessons from Zo on how to handle interviews and talk about his team.  It IS possible to provide insight and add some flavor to what you say instead of just spewing off the exact same boring lines over and over every week since August.

McD is basically unwatchable at this point.

Or is it he wants to keep everything in house? There are other great coaches who follow the same plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Or is it he wants to keep everything in house? There are other great coaches who follow the same plan. 

Proabaly, following the Bill Belichek lite  model.  The nature of players and even worse coaches interviews is 98% of it is totally non-value added, predictable we are going to give it 110% pap.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, the Monday after the Bills/Redskins game i was listening to a DC radio interview with one of the Redskins ex-players who covers the team now.  I forget who it was, but he was so complimentary of Lorenzo and went on to say this is Zo's final season.   I guess he knows Lorax pretty well from his Washington days.  He was very matter of fact that Zo can't wait to move back to Arizona full time, get out of the cold weather...and raise his kids.  So if that's the case we should really enjoy the remainder of 2019 with Lorenzo Alexander.  He's a helluva player.