Is there a restaurant in Buffalo that combines beef on weck with a great view?

bbb

Schwabl's doesn't exactly have a great view...............I really like view from Root 5 or whatever it's called now on the lake...............Not sure about their food or if they have beef on weck.

Anyone know one that would combine the two?  

11 hours ago, bbb said:

Schwabl's doesn't exactly have a great view...............I really like view from Root 5 or whatever it's called now on the lake...............Not sure about their food or if they have beef on weck.

A restaurant with a great view and good food seems to be more an anamoly than one would think.

A place with a great view to have a drink by are abundant in the area.

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder what the beef on weck was like at Schimschack’s?  ?

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Now that was a view.  Did that special events place ever open up? 

I used to work at Bell Aerospace and always heard about the great view.  I was actually a little disappointed when I finally went - it's a cool vantage point - but IIRC it was a view of farmland  

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

A restaurant with a great view and good food seems to be more an anamoly than one would think.

A place with a great view to have a drink by are abundant in the area.

I was thinking that might be the case.  

14 minutes ago, bbb said:

I used to work at Bell Aerospace and always heard about the great view.  I was actually a little disappointed when I finally went - it's a cool vantage point - but IIRC it was a view of farmland  

The attraction was on a really clear day or evening, you could see the Toronto skyline from their location on the crest of the Niagara Escarpment.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The attraction was on a really clear day or evening, you could see the Toronto skyline from their location on the crest of the Niagara Escarpment.

Ah, that makes sense.  I definitely couldn't see Toronto the day I went there. 

11 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

When I go back I stay at the Hampton Inn a block or so away and always spend time at the Creekview. That was my neck of the woods. I always enjoy my time there and it’s certainly a nice view. Maybe 5-10 years ago I had their beef on weck, and decided the view was superior to the sandwich. It’s unfair for me to judge on one old occasion like that. Nothing “wrong” with it, but when I go back I hit my “highlight” joints. Schwabl’s for beef on weck, Teds, Bocce’s, etc. Then I come home feeling kinda gross.  But if you are looking for BOTH view and BoW, it’s a great option! 

Speaking of Schwabl’s, they have a beautiful view of a man carving perfectly juicy meat! Does THAT count?  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Speaking of Schwabl’s, they have a beautiful view of a man carving perfectly juicy meat! Does THAT count?  

The one particular carver/owner has thought themself as being beautiful and smart their whole life.

Edited by I am the egg man

On 11/9/2019 at 12:11 AM, bbb said:

Have not been since the accident.  Never went there to admire W Seneca.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Have not been since the accident.  Never went there to admire W Seneca.

That story gave the [BN]competent plenty to chew on.  Thankfully today, they have the Cellino and Barnes ‘divorce’ and ‘Smiles At’ galleries to count as journalism.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr Info said:

This isn’t in Buffalo but nearby & when the weather is good, outdoor seating overlooks the Niagara River. Very close to the Peace Bridge.

‘He’s Not Here’ in Fort Erie. Good name for a bar.

Is it across the street from the river?  I'm trying google images, but only seeing pics of the actual restaurant. 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is it across the street from the river?  I'm trying google images, but only seeing pics of the actual restaurant. 

Yes, opposite side from river.  Where Gilmore Rd. hits Niagara Blvd., southwest corner.  I think it was built as a fast food joint not too many years ago, converted to a gin mill the last 5 or so?  
Typed in ‘He’s Not Here’ on Google Maps, showed me the exterior picture.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

We used to go there occasionally as kids. It was beautiful. It is sort of crazy to think that you could see Toronto but you could.

• Like (+1) 1