French Toast or Pancakes

RaoulDuke79

French Toast or Pancakes   

53 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preference?

• French Toast
    • Pancakes

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that despite outward differences,  they all all the same at the core.

I had a friend who was dating an Italian girl from a big, loud family. 

I asked him, “Would you actually marry an Italian girl?”

His answer, “After you marry them, they all become Italian.”

• Haha (+1) 3

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

We have pancakes every weekend because the kids like them and they are so easy to make, my ten year old cooks now.

But good French toast is hard to beat.  Waffles are a close second.  I just need a waffle maker that’s easier to clean.

Most importantly, bacon with any of them.

Or perhaps just bacon pancakes especially on Sundays when big fat hogs on line are pancaking the little ones.

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

We have pancakes every weekend because the kids like them and they are so easy to make, my ten year old cooks now.

But good French toast is hard to beat.  Waffles are a close second.  I just need a waffle maker that’s easier to clean.

Most importantly, bacon with any of them.

I went on a spending spree at the local butcher yesterday and one of the things I picked up was some fresh cut hickory smoked bacon. They do all of the butchering on site mon-wed and are opened thur-sat. Freshest stuff I've ever had. I learned about the place about 6 months ago and its only 10 minutes from my house.

• Like (+1) 1

How thick is the bread for the French toast? I prefer thick-sliced, like a baguette or Italian bread. If not, I reluctantly take pancakes. But there HAS to be bacon or sausage for either option. 

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'll eat rare chicken if she's cooking it.

She wouldn't even have time to get it out of the fridge if in MY kitchen.........

9 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

How thick is the bread for the French toast? I prefer thick-sliced, like a baguette or Italian bread. If not, I reluctantly take pancakes. But there HAS to be bacon or sausage for either option. 

Challah bread is perfect for French Toast as is brioche. But many thickly sliced breads will do.  I was very surprised to find a locally made flax seed bread that was awesome when made as french  toast---though completely unlike what one would expect from traditional bread. 

And, on a mostly unrelated note: What's the appeal of Texas toast? Not talking french toast here, but as served as the bread for an egg sandwich or with a meal? Seriously, WTF is this crap and why do I have to live with it in Florida?