French Toast or Pancakes

RaoulDuke79

French Toast or Pancakes   

53 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preference?

• French Toast
    • Pancakes

Somehow I just got into an argument with my wife about this. What's your preference? I'm talking straight up French toast and pancakes.  Not any of this cinnamon raisin stuffed with whatever you want option. It's either a pancake or a piece of French toast. 

34 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Somehow I just got into an argument with my wife about this. What's your preference? I'm talking straight up French toast and pancakes.  Not any of this cinnamon raisin stuffed with whatever you want option. It's either a pancake or a piece of French toast. 

What does your wife say?

18 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Mostly terrible things and that I'm wrong. 

You too?

I’m firmly on french toast as my grandmother used to make it for me often. These days.....just a banana and skim milk. 

• Like (+1) 1

Waffles.

Seriously though, this is always a big decision for me. Typically I make french toast at home, because it's just easier (for me) to make for one person, and I make killer french toast. So when I go out, I might be more inclined to order pancakes (at a place known to have great pancakes) or waffles, because I rarely eat waffles and they're pretty damn good.

The real key is the syrup/topping. A nice mixture of butter, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, real maple syrup, some fruit (bananas/berries). Toss in some high proof rum/brandy/bourbon and flambe!

Hey if I'm going to the trouble to make french toast or pancakes, I might as well go all the way.

25 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

You too?

I’m firmly on french toast as my grandmother used to make it for me often. These days.....just a banana and skim milk. 

If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

There's damn waffle option. I like a waffle, but this is a French toast/ pancake battle. Waffles have no place here.

Waffles in the toaster we a good vehicle for the sugar that is syrup. I think I’d still like it, but I’m too old and wise to try. (I know, some will argue I’m not too....old.) 

We have pancakes every weekend because the kids like them and they are so easy to make, my ten year old cooks now.

But good French toast is hard to beat.  Waffles are a close second.  I just need a waffle maker that’s easier to clean.

Most importantly, bacon with any of them.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

A true story that I retell whenever possible, most recently right now.  Wifey and I were having a heated 'discussion' one evening and it turned into:

Me: You disagree with everything I say.

Her: No I don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1