What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think what you're looking for here could be better supplied by listening to radio play by play or following the play-by-play as it happens on NFL.com.  Bills Mafia on Facebook has coverage.  I believe I've reddit the games may be available elsewhere.

If someone wants to try play by play'ing,  I'm willing to float the idea with the other Mods and see if they're down with it (PM me whoever is That Person)

But I kind of don't see the point of trying to duplicate what is already available.

Wait, a Mod can have an Ignore list?  Dammit Chand why didn't none of you tell me? :rolleyes:

? No, actually. Wouldn't  be able to track creeps if we did. I was being facetious..

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Not true. I have had comments deleted.

Unsurprisingly, you miss the point, again. When your post is deleted, it’s an unspoken message that your post has little value and borders on insolence. Call it a Warning without the points against or a vacation. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think this thread is a good reminder to some posters not to be so snippy and rude to fellow posters and to instead keep things respectful when they disagree. That would be the foremost takeaway for me.

A few other observations...

• Positive hot takes do seem to be more welcome than negative ones. For example, a thread "The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl!" is probably more likely to survive than its counterpart "The Bills have no chance of making the playoffs!" I believe that negative threads CAN survive if presented with well-thought-out opinions, but I also think there is something to the complaint about negativity being frowned upon. I think the "policing" of negative threads could stand to be dialed back just a degree or two.
  • There are definitely a lot of posters who react negatively to anything suggesting the Bills' outlook may not be as rosy as they'd like. It's annoying, but it is what it is.
  • Psychology is a field of study. Sports psychology is a subfield. It's something I studied in school, and it fascinates me. I look at a lot of things, like player and coach comments/press conferences, to try to glean insights. I've noticed that I've been rebuked whenever I've made comments from this framework. It's always confused me. The mental game is a big part of the game.

45 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Unsurprisingly, you miss the point, again. When your post is deleted, it’s an unspoken message that your post has little value and borders on insolence. Call it a Warning without the points against or a vacation. 

I will say either you guys show a lot of reserve or we don't see so much of the really mean things you do. 

I want this to be a place where despite people's contrarian opinions on the Bills they are free to :

• listen to my takes which are without gaps or errors including but not limited to understanding who messed up on a given play based on the play call as I have access to the helmet microphone and can hear Daboll talking to Josh
  • accept my totally true guesses rumors I heard from someone deep within the inner circles of one bills drive 
  • aid me in getting my millions of dollars from Kenya (I am a Prince) into America .. I just need your bank routing number and you will be able to keep 25% .. just list your personal email and riches will soon be heading your way
  • share recipes for Biskuti ya nazi' (coconut macaroons) which are a traditional kenyan dessert and proof of my Prince status

7 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Not true. I have had comments deleted.

Having a comment deleted is what I consider a "favor."  Many of us cross the line sometimes.  Sometimes we regret it the next day; sometimes we don't.  What's cool is that we have the ability to moderate ourselves.  We can delete any comments we make and we can delete any threads we create.  I've done both.  I've also had comments vanish from thin air.  Sometimes I knew why; other times I didn't.  If I didn't, I'd ask in a PM.

Most times it just boils down to common sense.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Having a comment deleted is what I consider a "favor."  Many of us cross the line sometimes.  Sometimes we regret it the next day; sometimes we don't.  What's cool is that we have the ability to moderate ourselves.  We can delete any comments we make and we can delete any threads we create.  I've done both.  I've also had comments vanish from thin air.  Sometimes I knew why; other times I didn't.  If I didn't, I'd ask in a PM.

Most times it just boils down to common sense.

I didn't claim they shouldn't be deleted. I merely pointed out to the poster that said "Posts aren't deleted" that in fact, they are deleted. What is confusing about that?

In fact, Chandler just deleted a post where I made him look foolish. 

Edited by 32ABBA