What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

5 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm not criticizing anyone, and I suspect there are opinions going both ways.  I'd just like to know how most members feel about whether topics and posts critical of the Bills should be allowed here.   I encourage everyone to participate in the poll.

No mod or above has ever, to my knowledge discouraged any conversation, whether positive or negative.  If they did, this site wouldn't be worth much, would it?  The responses that those negative or positive threads elicit are another thing entirely.  Unless you want heavy handed moderation that's something you'll have to deal with.

At least people have looked at your profile now!  10 people since you posted this thread.  

9 years, 2500 posts and I can positively say that I’ve never seen You here before.

on topic:  of course we want this to be a place where we can criticize the Bills.

59 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’ve thought about this a lot.  I’m glad someone had the courage to create this thread because only one of pure bravado, intelligence could do so.  

I’m going to take my best shot....

Strawberries wear shorts that are too long for the warm winter nights.  When you look into someone’s eyes and smell their Tuesday, then you know carpets can’t dry with ketchup.  

Fire cramps bottle openers from a newborn baby. 

I challenge anyone to find a more logical representation.  

Oh yeah, and Epstein didn’t kill himself. 

I’m stealing this word for word...

This site went downhill when moderators officially turned the board from an open forum to one where censorship dominated. I knew it lost its value when anyone, including myself, who was critical of the garbage that John Wawrow spews was sent a warning not to criticize the delicate emotional state of someone who writes about sports publicly. When you think the credibility of a site is connected to keeping someone from AP coming to your site, you've lost any credibility. From that point forward, it ceases to be an open fan forum and instead a small authoritarian state where the mods and presumably the owner determine what can and can't be said. Now it's overrun with homers and jock sniffers who can't handle criticisms of their team. If this is what site owner$ want from the site, a bleached, sanitized version of a fan forum, that's fine, they own it. But that doesn't mean it's beyond reproach or criticism.  Nor does it mean my opinion matters. They can run it as they see fit and we as posters can stay or go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I want it to continue to be what it's been since I lucked into it a few years back.

A place with passionate, knowledgeable Bills fans who debate all things Bills, positive or negative.

A place where the community upholds the community standards and mods only have to step in as a last resort.

Also, and maybe not a popular opinion but I think we could do without the ignore feature. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

It's BS.  And it's easy to see.  This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

If they were being censored wouldn't their posts be closed AND deleted? Instead they are closed and left to be seen so thst we, including the original poster, can learn from their insolence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What in the world is this thread about?  I have been coming to this board for many years to catch up on Bills news.  I live thousands of miles away and it consolidates articles, news and some opinions.  I like the updates on training camp and hearing from folks who went to the game.  This site has some whackos who create nonsense, but I ignore them.  If you are getting moderated or censored, look in the mirror.

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

It's BS.  And it's easy to see.  This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

A contrary view is important.

A ceaselessly repetitive, crusading, annoying negativity is not.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, zonabb said:

This site went downhill when moderators officially turned the board from an open forum to one where censorship dominated. I knew it lost its value when anyone, including myself, who was critical of the garbage that John Wawrow spews was sent a warning not to criticize the delicate emotional state of someone who writes about sports publicly.

Let's stop right here.

Criticism is one thing.  Civility is expected.  It is possible to criticize a media member without referring to them as "spewing garbage". 

You weren't given a warning not to "criticize the delicate emotional state" you were warned in 2013 for "hateful diatribes" and by several mods not just one

I get it all the time in my PM:  "Censorship!  I'm being Censored!  Ah the hit to the First Amendment! Snowflakes!  Safe space!"

Listen Up, People!  Censorship applies to the government, not to a private organization.  This is NOT about your modern safe space. This is about your Granny's Old-Fashioned Wash-your-Mouth-out-with-Fels-Naptha-If-You-Talk-That-Way Space.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's stop right here.

Criticism is one thing.  Civility is expected.  It is possible to criticize a media member without referring to them as "spewing garbage". 

You weren't given a warning not to "criticize the delicate emotional state" you were warned in 2013 for "hateful diatribes" and by several mods not just one

I get it all the time in my PM:  "Censorship!  I'm being Censored!  Ah the hit to the First Amendment! Snowflakes!  Safe space!"

Listen Up, People!  Censorship applies to the government, not to a private organization.  This is NOT about your modern safe space. This is about your Granny's Old-Fashioned Wash-your-Mouth-out-with-Fels-Naptha-If-You-Talk-That-Way Space.

My grandma locked me in a room with Uncle Touchy.  I behaved after that

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re now on mine.

Everyone should tailor the board to meet their needs. The Ignore option allows members a useful tool to do that. People come to the board for a variety of reasons. Some posters (even though I might agree with their opinions) don't post about or make points that pertain close enough to what I want to get from the board, so instead of sifting through their comments, I set them to ignore. It's not a big deal, and is in fact, trivial.

I only mentioned the Ignore option because it is the obvious way to deal with the problem the OP raised, without changing the rules.

Edited by 32ABBA