What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

Don't leave out self-criticism! I think the board could use a lot more of that. At least, I know I'm an idiot.

I know you’re an idiot too... am I doing this right? ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I do think some get "critical of the Bills" confused with "annoying mantra of unsupportable opinion". When folks get tired of that approach and tune it out, it is misconstrued as being a site not open to critiquing our team. There are plenty of Bills boards out there that are perfect for just endless bitching, TBD probably less so.

The ignore works for the most part if you just can't see eye-to-eye with someone.

I only have a very few in that list, and only those because it seemed they either stopped taking their meds at some point or rather than critique the topic, they fell back on what they are better at -  trying to attack me or others personally. I do not have a lot of patience with that. There are a few ranting noobs on it that were either drunk or English was their 3rd language.... I hope that was the case, or Webster would weep.

Nothing is perfect, but I keep coming back to TBD because I learn more about the team specifically and the game in general. There are more than a few quality posters here that change my mind, provide quality updates, or point to resources that have changed my opinion. I honestly feel better informed because of the community here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There could be a hot take thread for people to post all their "so and so sucks" garbage.  It's annoying when I'm just trying to get an idea of what play just happened and emo teens (maybe adults?) chain post "Allen sucks!!!!11!"   That contributes nothing to me personally. 

We could also have a more productive gameday thread, that acts as a play by play discussion to keep people like me (almost never get to see the games on tv) informed. A description of what happened, such as "Allen held the ball to long and got strip sacked" is infinitely better than 2-3 word boohoo venting posts.

2 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm not criticizing anyone, and I suspect there are opinions going both ways.  I'd just like to know how most members feel about whether topics and posts critical of the Bills should be allowed here.   I encourage everyone to participate in the poll.

This board is not a Democracy, folks.  It's SDS House, run by SDS rules.  Mods do their best to interpret them. 

Occasionally the Big Man wanders by the Mods forum and says "Nope, This way" and Mods say "Understood"

See under "Browse" "Guidelines" for the full spiel.  It's dense, like eating a poundcake, and takes some time to unpack, but it's all there.

Part of it:

Topics and posts critical of the Bills are allowed here until SDS says otherwise.  It's considered discussion, and why we're here!!

Fans of other teams who come here for football discussion and are reasonably respectful are allowed here until SDS says otherwise.

/thread

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

It's not going to be a place where "people can say whatever they want".  So if that's what you want, please look for another venue.

Fundamentally, Civility is expected, because when Dude A starts slingin' the insults at Dude B, Dude B tends to return fire, others join in.

Pretty soon the thread is full of AB insults and football convo gets drowned out.

The board used to be more self-policed that way.  When it became all at once significantly bigger (after BBMB shut down), that no longer worked quite as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not going to be a place where "people can say whatever they want".  So if that's what you want, please look for another venue.

Fundamentally, Civility is expected, because when Dude A starts slingin' the insults at Dude B, Dude B tends to return fire, others join in.

Pretty soon the thread is full of AB insults and football convo gets drowned out.

The board used to be more self-policed that way.  When it became all at once significantly bigger (after BBMB shut down), that no longer worked quite as well.

I think you forgot how the /thread thing works  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

The Bills never do anything wrong, so we should always post happy things.

@wagon127 meet @mead107

@mead107, meat @wagon127

I wish you positive sweet thoughts for you both to have a splendid delightful day!

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think you forgot how the /thread thing works  ?

Hell I did.  When I wanna close a thread for reals welp then.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This board is not a Democracy, folks.  It's SDS House, run by SDS rules.  Mods do their best to interpret them. 

Occasionally the Big Man wanders by the Mods forum and says "Nope, This way" and Mods say "Understood"

See under "Browse" "Guidelines" for the full spiel.  It's dense, like eating a poundcake, and takes some time to unpack, but it's all there.

Part of it:

Topics and posts critical of the Bills are allowed here until SDS says otherwise.  It's considered discussion, and why we're here!!

Fans of other teams who come here for football discussion and are reasonably respectful are allowed here until SDS says otherwise.

/thread

Is it at least vanilla pound cake, and none of that strawberry crap? I hate that stuff...

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

and we certainly don't need anymore stuff about AB on here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I voted yes,  because critiques of the team is no big deal as long as it is substantive in content, not just the endless whiny crap that a small yet vocal group here seem to pride themselves in. It’s a fan site, in which positivity should be the primary line for a fan base. It ain’t that hard to wrap ones head around imo.

SDS, and the mods rule the roost, it is what it is, be comfortable with that fact. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Part of it:

/thread

What?? I hardly know the guy...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

(to someone else) If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

I dunno, I think when I got modded, I must have had 40-50 people on Ignore.  I'd been here 10 years, you see.  Even at 3-4 people a year, it adds up.

Probably a lot of 'em had wandered off and weren't too active any more.

When modded, I deleted the whole list.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is it at least vanilla pound cake, and none of that strawberry crap? I hate that stuff...

Is lemon OK?  or that Sprite poundcake common in the south?

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and we certainly don't need anymore stuff about AB on here.

??? OMG good one, believe it or don't I did not see that

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno, I think when I got modded, I must have had 40-50 people on Ignore.  I'd been here 10 years, you see.  Even at 3-4 people a year, it adds up.

Probably a lot of 'em had wandered off and weren't too active any more.

When modded, I deleted the whole list.

Free me.....