What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

Maybe there should be a 2 separate forums here...one for only 'positive cheerleading' of the Bills, and one where criticism is allowed.

If anyone trolls being negative in the 'positive' thread/forum, they can be suspended or whatever by the mods.

We'll see which one gets visited/used more.

I never understood the "positive only" talk...or the 'can't you just enjoy the win' posts.  I personally like the wins..I enjoy them....but then after them I want to talk about how to keep the winning going...I want to talk about how this team can get better.

Edited by mjd1001

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

56? can I be 57 or am I already on it?

56, they really got to you, eh? I know I tend, or should I say did tend (my hand has been slapped too many time so I had to back off) to allow some, mainly the trolls of the board get under my skin, but 56?

ftr, I have no one on my ignore list. ignoring something on this board can be quite easy without using the ignore feature.

I guess if I don't want to sift through the opinions of every Bills fan on the board concerning everything from politics to social issues to football, I must be sticking my head in the sand, and plugging my ears, closed off from society...

It's not about people necessarily "getting under my skin", it's for a variety of reasons, some of which I mentioned.

Yes, you have made the list. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Should be no new threads for 24 hours after a loss.

I honestly can't imagine the amount of garbage that has to get merged/closed/etc even after a win let alone a loss by the mods.  It's like opening the doors on black friday with all the doom and gloom.

I get when people have an opinion but sadly people feel the need to just start a topic with very little restraint and/or content to justify the thread in the first place other than "IM MAD, THIS PERSON SUCKS!"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe there should be a 2 separate forums here...one for only 'positive cheerleading' of the Bills, and one where criticism is allowed.

If anyone trolls being negative in the 'positive' thread/forum, they can be suspended or whatever by the mods.

We'll see which one gets visited/used more.

but imagine if you just started watching the Bills this season

you would think they could do no wrong, the best NFL team ever!

22 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

You are correct, I already had you on ignore, and your post provides a clue why.

It was the "Importance of Gore" thread....and the "I just hope Gore gets the opportunity to get another 85 yards"...I thought that was inane here at Week 9, and figured I didn't need to hear more from this guy.

Thanks.

Sheesh. If you're going to misrepresent my post, have the good taste to do it in the thread in which it was written.

If you only want one side of the story you are an idiot. That holds true in all facets of life. This place, like everywhere, is at its best when we have the whole picture. There’s a lot to like about the Bills and a lot to question. Why would we want to do one or the other when we can do both? We are smarter than that.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

A place where you can get naked and nobody judges you.      ?

You can post naked if you want, but for Pete's sake, turn off your webcam!

• Haha (+1) 1

I answer my phone EVERY TIME it rings, because I don't want to closed off from society, and everyone has something to offer that's IM-POR-TANT! 

I wouldn't want to miss a great opportunity just because I blocked a telemarketer.

Edited by 32ABBA

I want a board where JFH and Kolby Listenbee can cuddle.

A place where Rico and Whaley can have a cage match.

Gunner and Blokes should have a spot where they can teach us all things UK. 

House will be the stand up comedian.

Badol will be Billy Bad Ass.

Hopless will be the ever trying parent for all of us. 

Emoulds will be the truther. 

Bobby will be Bobby Two Times...because he says everything two times.

Bandit will be the cook.

Plenz will be the bartender. 

Kirby will handle the salary cap. 

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I thought it was usually could've.

It is actually "could of". Whaever the f that means.  

32 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

It was your responses to other people.

FU!

It seems like your ignore list has some of the best posters, and i want on on the ground floor.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I want a board where JFH and Kolby Listenbee can cuddle.

A place where Rico and Whaley can have a cage match.

Gunner and Blokes should have a spot where they can teach us all things UK. 

House will be the stand up comedian.

Badol will be Billy Bad Ass.

Hopless will be the ever trying parent for all of us. 

Emoulds will be the truther. 

Bobby will be Bobby Two Times...because he says everything two times.

Bandit will be the cook.

Plenz will be the bartender. 

Kirby will handle the salary cap. 

And DC Tom doesn't think you're an idiot! 

To me, the whole point of a discussion is to air varying viewpoints, negative, positive and anything in between. I also think in this context some good-natured debate and even some good-natured “trash talking“ is OK. This can make it fun sometimes. Maintaining some sense of decency and mutual respect is all that I would ask for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm not criticizing anyone, and I suspect there are opinions going both ways.  I'd just like to know how most members feel about whether topics and posts critical of the Bills should be allowed here.   I encourage everyone to participate in the poll.

In actuality I want a board where I can read well thought out posts without trolling maroons or mouth breathing crusaders. And if you are gonna be a delta bravo, you better damn well be funny. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I guess if I don't want to sift through the opinions of every Bills fan on the board concerning everything from politics to social issues to football, I must be sticking my head in the sand, and plugging my ears, closed off from society...

It's not about people necessarily "getting under my skin", it's for a variety of reasons, some of which I mentioned.

Yes, you have made the list. 

Have fun in that little bubble you live in.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Haha (+1) 1