What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

57 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I want both positive and negative comments articulated in a well thought out way.

I don't want to be insulted if you disagree with me.  Explain why you do please.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

49 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Of course criticism of the bills should be allowed. Also, criticism of the irrational over-positive people who don’t view reality properly. Also, criticism of the idiotic trolls who are overly negative because they think they’re shocking/they understand nothin of football.

So to answer your question, we’ve got room to critize all types round these parts.

Don't leave out self-criticism! I think the board could use a lot more of that. At least, I know I'm an idiot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

This place has an ignore feature ? ... Why didn't anybody tell me that ?

Anyway, I've never even thought of using an ignore thing because I want to hear all sides, whether they're intelligent, Humorous or just plain bizarre. Why limit peoples opinions ?

To each their own I guess.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

come to PPP and you will rack up a pile of ignores, to the moon!!

Yeah, it's mostly a PPP thing. I just got tired of rereading the same arguments from multiple people, and really not anything I hadn't already read elsewhere. Some posters get fixated on an argument, and it just wears me down. I don't feel it limits my exposure to counter-arguments at all, and it's not about whether or not I disagree with them.

As far as the football side....some people consistently have pedestrian posts about matters I have no interest in, or don't really seem very knowledgable. There was a glut of new posters when some other Bills board went down, and that's when I made the decision to thin the herd, instead of wading through crap posts.

I would be very disappointed if I'm not on some "Ignore" lists!

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's not easy to get thrown out of here.  I can't think of anyone who's been perma-banned that I miss.  And I can easily point to some former members whose absence has made this a better place.

It's a great point that we all have the ignore feature at our disposal.  Bans should be for those, like I said, who are here only to ruffle feathers.  That's a waste of time.  And, as far as I can tell, those are the only ones who get the hook.

ICE was never here to ruffle feathers, he just couldn’t control himself when he got a case of the red-ass. :( 

I have never seen any actual issues of mods abusing power or getting out of line. The guys who run this page do a fantastic job and there are some members whose contributions on a daily basis are priceless. 
I love the back and forth on here and I enjoy seeing others points of view. And I’ve gladly admitted when I’ve been wrong in the past. 
I do see an uptick of keyboard warriors who get pretty disrespectful when someone doesn’t agree. 
If you forced me to make a complaint I guess I’d whine about having so many “look at me and my completely unoriginal post” people who HAVE to have their opinion validated instantly, but if we made people have to get approval to post I couldn’t read all the funny in jokes and funny mod explanation at the closing. 

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills should have drafted Patrick Mahomes

You did that wrong. You are supposed to start another new thread about it. 

Oh, and they usually say “The Bills should of drafted....”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If you have that many people on ignore, I would have to suspect that you are somewhat closed-minded. And, if that is the case, you're not really going to know it. Nobody actually thinks they are closed-minded. You'll probably put me on ignore now, if I'm not there already.

Image result for if you meet assholes everywhere

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

if i could have one wish it would be new threads during the game. up-to-the-second reactionary "i told you so" threads that just can't be contained in the game day thread. 

Should be no new threads for 24 hours after a loss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Cool, I don't actually remember ever talking to you.

I’ve never put anyone on ignore. Some people I generally skim over, but I don’t see the need to eliminate any content. You never know what you might be missing in terms of valid points, context, etc. I know some people have me on ignore (I got the PM to tell me!), but I just thought he was being overly sensitive about having to be right all the time, and in an unpleasant manner. The truth hurt, I guess. I don’t claim to always be right, and I try do be respectful.  But he’s not on ignore. 

40 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I want it to be a place where everybody knows your name. And they're ways glad you came. You want to be where you can see the troubles are all the same.

Greeting: Hey Norm, what's shaking?

Norm: Four cheeks and a couple chins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

56? can I be 57 or am I already on it?

56, they really got to you, eh? I know I tend, or should I say did tend (my hand has been slapped too many time so I had to back off) to allow some, mainly the trolls of the board get under my skin, but 56?

ftr, I have no one on my ignore list. ignoring something on this board can be quite easy without using the ignore feature.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

ICE was never here to ruffle feathers, he just couldn’t control himself when he got a case of the red-ass. :( 

Right before my time, I believe.  I'm sure there's been a few controversial bans over the years.  Many have come back after the BBMB shutdown and I think that's great.  I can't think of any bans in the past few years that weren't justified.