What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?

What kind of place do members want The Stadium Wall to be?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Stadium Wall forum allow topics and posts that are critical of the Bills?

• Yes. Both favorable and critical comments and topics should be welcome here.
    • No. If you want to criticize the Bills, go someplace else.

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Without the option to offer criticism, I think the amount of chatter on this board would shrink by half. Essentially, that's what these boards are for, griping about the team when they aren't doing so well (or in the case this season, griping despite a 6-2 record), celebrating when they're winning, speculating about prospects/free agents/trades, discussing where people think changes need to be made, etc. etc. I do agree with reddogblitz in that comments, whether positive or negative, should be at least somewhat articulate. Usually the mods will dump any threads that are like, "Allen is the worst!!! Fire everyone!" so we don't see a whole lot of low-effort posts here. I also think the mods do a great job of merging threads when a subject has had numerous new threads started. I guess maybe some people could be more conscious of that? Whenever you see some Bills news and you wanna race over here to post about it, odds are someone like Yolo has you beat, haha. So just make sure you aren't posting something that's already kickin' around on here. 

Other than that, I've come to enjoy this place quite a bit, probably more than the official Bills board, and even if Hapless did toss me a 3-day ban that one time! (I got a bit too grumpy about the Bills-Packers game last season), all in all it's a great board with some solid folks handling things. At least that's how I perceive it, I've never seen mods on a power trip or banning people just because they can or because they disagree. They're fair here, as long as you're not being an abusive turd or posting junk. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of course criticism of the bills should be allowed. Also, criticism of the irrational over-positive people who don’t view reality properly. Also, criticism of the idiotic trolls who are overly negative because they think they’re shocking/they understand nothin of football.

So to answer your question, we’ve got room to critize all types round these parts.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I want it to be a place where people can say whatever they want, and if you decide you don't like interacting with a particular poster, you can set them on "Ignore". 

My ignore list is lengthy (I just counted, 56 posters), and I put people on it for a variety of reasons. Perhaps I think they are abusive, or I think they have idiotic posts, or just don't add anything...all these are fine, I just set them on ignore. No problemo!

hmm, never have seen you reply to one of my posts, now i know why!. Someone quote my post so ABBA can see it!

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, never have seen you reply to one of my posts, now i know why!. Someone quote my post so ABBA can see it!

I do have you on ignore....I like your football posts, and often peek at them, but have no interest in the PPP bickering. I do think you are a good dude, though.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

It's BS.  And it's easy to see.  This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 9

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There seems to be a growing trend lately.  More and more users are crying foul, saying they're being "censored," because they're being critical of the Bills.

No ... that's not why you're being censored.

You're being censored because you're creating unnecessary new threads.  You're being censored because you're being argumentative.  You're being censored because you're being disrespectful.

And when you get called out on those things, you immediately say, "you just don't like me because I'm not a homer."

It's BS.  And.       it's easy to see.            This trend, as I see it, is happening with a lot of newer users who are creating accounts for the sole purpose of bashing the Bills every chance they get.  That's not what this place needs.

There are lots of things about the Bills that can be criticized, from top to bottom.  Those criticisms, as long as I've been here, have never been silenced.  A-holes are silenced.

So the obvious choice is YES, but there's a lot more to it, in my opinion.

It's easy to thin the herd, though. It's not a big deal to have annoying posters, and worth it to have the freedom to post whatever you want...because it's all at your fingertips to shape the board however you like.

Why would you want to give that up?

Edited by 32ABBA

Boards like this should be for debate.  Positive and negative views, praise and criticism should be welcome.  I would hope folks would offer them with some rational basis and not just knee jerk reactions (like in the game threads.

Some folks are overly positive about things, some the other way.