Tre White Most Important Player vs. Browns

jwhit34

My thought here is if they have Tre cover Beckham the entire game and he can neutralize him one-on-one, then:

1. They can provide safety help to Levi Wallace on Landry

2. They can commit more defenders to stopping the run

A second key is Milano and Edmunds' ability in pass coverage on Chubb and Hunt. Njoku out helps because the TE isn't much of a threat. 

I hope Mayfield with this "force feeding" OBJ just throws a ton of picks. Bills know that OBJ is the guy they wanna get going for this game, so don't fart around with cushions and stuff like that. Contain him early and hope Mayfield keeps throwing it his way and it creates turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns run D is worse than the Bills. They are ranked #30 so I expect Singletary and or Gore to have a big day rushing. Control the clock and keep their offense off the field will go along way to getting a W. White on D and Singletary, Gore on O are the most important players on both sides of the ball. Also if the Bills are running the ball down their throat then that will make Allen's job so much easier.

• Like (+1) 1

It, as always,  is about individual battles, beat the guy in front of you the majority of the time, and you’ Likely win the game. No turnovers, no lapses in concentration, and execute correctly. We got this. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

My thought here is if they have Tre cover Beckham the entire game and he can neutralize him one-on-one, then:

A second key is Milano and Edmunds' ability in pass coverage on Chubb and Hunt. Njoku out helps because the TE isn't much of a threat. 

Landry plays slot so not Wallace's assignment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

Beckham has seen very little action this year for the Browns.  It's a big part of their problems.

I'm not sure we need to worry about him as much as you might think.

Having said that, the "get the ball to Odell" cry has been getting louder and louder in Cleveland and I think they are going to try to get him more touches this Sunday.

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

It will no doubt take a team effort (Gap Integrity on all three levels of defense) and limiting turnovers on offense to beat the Brownies - they are talented. But if one wants to nitpick - the LB duo of Milano and Edmunds shedding blocks and stopping Chubb / Hunt from those inside zone left runs early will be the key. Based on our game film from the last two games, I am quite sure there will be a lot of runs called against us on 1st and 2nd down early in the game. If we build an early lead and Mayfield has to throw - then the secondary will come into play and I have no doubt they will deliver.

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Wallace can handle Landry. Tre White at least being even with OBJ will be key. Stopping the run will probably determine the game though. 

35 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I'm not sure if Wallace will be on Landry - since he's in the slot - as opposed to Taron Johnson, so that matchup will probably dictate how the passing game will go

I think Johnson will fair well against him 

Just now, Pokebball said:

Lot's of skill players named in this thread.

I think the game is won in the trenches.  Our O line has to get us a couple of hundred yards rushing.  Our D line has to hold the Browns to 150

if the oline ran for a couple of hundred they would have it called back for failure to check in before the play

• Like (+1) 1