Olivier Vernon OUT for Sunday

Rigotz

5 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Good luck for us.

I really want to beat the snot out of the Browns! The sad thing is it’s a lose/ lose for us, status wise. 
We win, they suck and we were suppose to beat them. We lose, we suck?

I want to see the Bills beat the Snot out of the Browns too

I keep telling y'all.  It is not a lose/lose for us.  If we win, we get the W. 

Stack enough of 'em and we get to the playoffs.  WeeeeeeeeHOOOOOOO playoffs!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I dunno about that.  6-3 is good, but a 7-2 record might start to generate a little respect for the Bills.  

I really don't give a ***** about respect form the national media. Get fat on these bad teams and by hell or high water get to 9-2 going into that brutal 4 game stretch. In order for this team to turn around their perception and culture I think they desperately need to get to 10 wins and a playoff spot. If it is solely done on beating up bad teams fine. That's how most teams get to 10+ wins anyway is by beating up on bad teams and teams they should beat. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Second largest margin of victory in the entire LEAGUE last week. 

As it should have been playing one of the worst teams starting a rookie QB who has been known to be needing more development time.

29 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I really don't give a ***** about respect form the national media. Get fat on these bad teams and by hell or high water get to 9-2 going into that brutal 4 game stretch. In order for this team to turn around their perception and culture I think they desperately need to get to 10 wins and a playoff spot. If it is solely done on beating up bad teams fine. That's how most teams get to 10+ wins anyway is by beating up on bad teams and teams they should beat. 

Exactly, get the wins whenever you can against who you should be beating and you can make the playoffs and your fans will be satisfied. If they want to be viewed as a threat or a true contender, they need to start beating teams convincingly and beat teams that they aren't expected to beat. That's how you get noticed. Beat the teams your supposed to beat by a close margin or 4th quarter comeback, your not going to get much attention cause your doing what your supposed to be doing. If you want attention and everyone else to take notice, you need to start beating teams convincingly and beating teams your not expected to beat 

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

As it should have been playing one of the worst teams starting a rookie QB who has been known to be needing more development time.

So no margin of victory is good enough for you? 

Just seems whacky to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Exactly, get the wins whenever you can against who you should be beating and you can make the playoffs and your fans will be satisfied. If they want to be viewed as a threat or a true contender, they need to start beating teams convincingly and beat teams that they aren't expected to beat. That's how you get noticed. Beat the teams your supposed to beat by a close margin or 4th quarter comeback, your not going to get much attention cause your doing what your supposed to be doing. If you want attention and everyone else to take notice, you need to start beating teams convincingly and beating teams your not expected to beat 

I don't care if the Bills go 10-6 and they do so by beating the Browns, Dolphins, Broncos and Jets while losing the other 4 games. Granted not winning 1 against the Cowboys,, Ravens, Steelers, and Pats would sting but just get to a healthy record and the playoffs is a huge positive step for what the coaching staff and GM are trying to build.

Unlike the Bears who bankrupted their draft picks and screwed their cap position in 2018 to try and win with a young QB the Bills are set up to have 84 million in cap space (Possibly 102 million if they cut Kroft and Murphy) and their full complement of draft choices. This team isn't a finished product. The team can afford to take care of their young players while also adding a couple of pieces via free agency. Overall the team is in a good spot to sustain winning the next 2-3 seasons while Josh is on his rookie deal. So as long as this team can get into the playoffs on a good record the season is an unqualified success. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

So no margin of victory is good enough for you? 

Just seems whacky to me. 

I didn't say that, but the view of that game will be "big deal, they beat one of the worst teams in the league like almost everyone else I the league" it's not something that you can use as a way to prove your the best.

4 hours ago, the skycap said:

If there was ANY defender on the Browns I didn't want to play against it was Olivier Vernon. This dude is a beast and his absence will probably effect their defense the way CJ Mosley did the Jets.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Myles Garret?

28 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't care if the Bills go 10-6 and they do so by beating the Browns, Dolphins, Broncos and Jets while losing the other 4 games. Granted not winning 1 against the Cowboys,, Ravens, Steelers, and Pats would sting but just get to a healthy record and the playoffs is a huge positive step for what the coaching staff and GM are trying to build.

Unlike the Bears who bankrupted their draft picks and screwed their cap position in 2018 to try and win with a young QB the Bills are set up to have 84 million in cap space (Possibly 102 million if they cut Kroft and Murphy) and their full complement of draft choices. This team isn't a finished product. The team can afford to take care of their young players while also adding a couple of pieces via free agency. Overall the team is in a good spot to sustain winning the next 2-3 seasons while Josh is on his rookie deal. So as long as this team can get into the playoffs on a good record the season is an unqualified success. 

It depends on if your just satisfied Making the playoffs or wanting them to be a threat in the playoffs. Beating only the bottom feeders in the league will most likely end up with them having a quick exit from. The playoffs.

And they can have all the money in the world and it won't matter if they cant convince anyone to sign here 

Cleveland is loaded with talent, but have no chemistry and inconsistent coaching.  The talent makes them dangerous.  The lack of chemistry and coaching accounts in part for their lousy record.  The other factor for Cleveland is a brutal schedule.  Their schedule has been as tough as Buffalo's has been easy.  Vernon has been a really good defensive end, and his absence will be a benefit to Buffalo.  However, it's been noted that they have Miles Garrett on the other end of the line.  They also have great skill players on offense.  If Baker Mayfield were to suddenly  pull out a game where he plays like he did a year ago, Cleveland would be very tough.  I think Buffalo can win this game, but a Cleveland playing at the level where their talent says they might will hardly be a cakewalk.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Not true. The Bills are underdogs. The Browns have a good inside running game, the weakness of the Bills. 

If Buffalo stops the run and wins convincingly this will easily be the biggest win of the year. I don’t think they get it done but I’m hopeful. 

Sorry, but beating a 2-6 team should be a given. That we are dogs is pathetic and the idea that it would be a big win is equally pathetic.

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Cleveland is loaded with talent, but have not chemistry and inconsistent coaching.  The talent makes them dangerous.  The lack of chemistry and coaching accounts in part for their lousy record.  The other factor for Cleveland is a brutal schedule.  Their schedule has been as tough as Buffalo's has been easy.  Vernon has been a really good defensive end, and his absence will be a benefit to Buffalo.  However, it's been noted that they have Miles Garrett on the other end of the line.  They also have great skill players on offense.  If Baker Mayfield were to suddenly  pull out a game where he plays like he did a year ago, Cleveland would be very tough.  I think Buffalo can win this game, but a Cleveland playing at the level where their talent says they might will hardly be a cakewalk.

I wouldn’t call them loaded with talent.  They have a few good pieces Chubb, Garrett, Beckham and a couple decent OL.  Mayfield is all hype and overrated.  Tired of hearing about how they are loaded with talent.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Thank you (+1) 1