NFL Executive: Buffalo Bills’ Sean McDermott doing the most with the least

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

A team of unknown players...that's likely how McD wants it.  He's built this team in his image.

How it works against teams in the playoffs is yet to be determined.  

LOL, the players are unknown because the media only stops by for tasty pizza and wings. The best way for recognition is to beat the upper level teams. Had Buffalo beat the Patriots & Eagles it would be a completely different story

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

We are talking about talent right? Where did I say I rank strength/quality of a team based on a popularity contest?

That Bills teams in 2014 and 2015 were loaded across the board at just about every position but QB. It didn’t matter much because of that lack of a QB and MOSTLY because of that moron of a HC in Rex Ryan. While not as talented as those teams, they are a MUCH better coached team taking advantage of a cakewalk schedule. 

They were not loaded across the board, that is your opinion, but likely wrong! Lets look at the 2014 team which had the better record

Yeah Watkins and Woods are better at WR, but Chandler at TE

and the DL was great, I'll give you that

But, your assertion they were loaded across the board is ????????

I mean you can have Orton and his 87.8 QBR, Yes I know Josh is only 82.9

Boobie Dixon and FredEx who at 33 was down to 3 1/2 a carry at RB

Searcy and Williams at Safety, McKelvin and Graham at one corner vs Hyde, Poyer, Johnson

Spikes and Preston vs Edmunds and Milano

Even the Oline Urbik and Pears at Guards vs Spain and Feliciano 

Seantrel Henderson at tackle C'mon man

This is quite a line to swallow even from you. I seem to remember you bitching about the team in 2014 at every turn too.

Bad take

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

I say this all of the time. McDermott does a heck of a job squeezing all of the talent that he can with what he has. McDermott has certainly learned to be resourceful...enough to make him a better coach. The Bills are still a few players away, but the way they are winning now is a good indication of how much better they will become.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Mediocre as I said.....mostly due to their lack of a QB and awful HC. 

So overall worse than we got now.  You may as well go on about how the SB teams were more talented, it means nothing today, other than it’s a good story in Bills history.  Yes we all want to be undefeated in every possible category, but that ain’t gonna happen this season or next.  You may not realize it but you come across a bit tense and a bit hostile in your verbiage, relax, maybe burn down a big fatty and enjoy things in your life more, stop finding fault with every damn thing, you will likely live longer... nuthin but luv,

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A four question survey was sent to GMs and executives throughout the entire league. 

Only 15 respond to the survey.

ONE of those responding said that McDermott is doing more with less. who is this nfl executive? How well does he know the Bills? What did the other 14 respondents have to say? Why did the author of the article choose this one over the others?  So many questions. The biggest question is, who cares what some unnamed executive think.

Mcdermott is a good coach and a reason the Bills are 6-2 right now but certainly not the only reason. there is plenty of talent on this team. Could they use a couple more stud players to take them to the next level? sure but hardly void of talent on the team now. For those that want national media recognition, it wont happen until the Bills beat one or two of the games between the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Or Pats*.  Even beating the Browns this week wont do it . That will be more "whats wrong with the Browns and how do they fix it" rather than the Bills are really good.

I haven't had this much fun watching our team in a long time and feel they're only going to get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, I like that one!  But what kind of dust collecter are you?  Do you have a cyclone and a HEPA filter?

I'm the kind that sits in front of his computer, 24/7, motionless. and thus collects dust.

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Have to disagree with this article's implication that McD is somehow outperforming; I think he has enough talent to be exactly where he is.  In a way, he might even be hurting himself with his coordinator selections as I'm not sure they're any better than mediocre.  

Miscues on special teams probably cost us the Pats game; Philly also took advantage.  Daboll, while sometimes good, negates this with dumb play calling; where the offense is probably too complex for a bunch of guys in their first or second year in the system, including a young QB.  Frazier, in my opinion, is too conservative for modern offenses and OC's; he would probably fit in better 20-25 years ago.  HC's who have a smart offensive mind, such as Pederson and Belichick, are going to run him over every game.

I think McD can get this and future teams into the playoffs, but most likely is one and done.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree (Andy Reid).

We'd be lucky to have anyone close to Andy Reid coach this team.  Andy Reid is better than any coach who has ever coached the Bills.  I absolutely HOPE McDermott doesn't fall far from that tree.

2 hours ago, iinii said:

No locker room is big enough for two queens....

I would consider KC as having 3 queens on offense. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. All three are in the conversation as a top 5 player at their positions. 

Our offense is still evolving. Allen, Brown, Knox and Singletary could easily move into Bishop range before the playoffs.

I wouldn't say the least, just because we dont have house hold names yet doesnt mean we dont have good talent. Singletary and knox are future stars, Allen , Beasely, Brown, Milano, White and Edmunds are pretty good and getting better , Harry will be back and Jordan Phillips is way under rated.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Buffalo Bills are off to a 6-2 start in 2019. With eight games remaining this season, Buffalo has already matched their win total from one year ago and the team is currently sitting in the top Wild Card spot in the AFC.

Of course, Buffalo has had a very favorable schedule early in 2019, but that does not take away from the fact the Bills are simply winning the games that they should be winning.

One reason the Bills are winning is due to Sean McDermott.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/nfl-executive-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-doing-the-most-with-the-least.html

It's true. Anybody that wants him fired is a fool.

28 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would consider KC as having 3 queens on offense. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. All three are in the conversation as a top 5 player at their positions. 

Our offense is still evolving. Allen, Brown, Knox and Singletary could easily move into Bishop range before the playoffs.

Gore is a Knight?