NFL Executive: Buffalo Bills’ Sean McDermott doing the most with the least

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Just so I get this straight -- a player can be average, solid, really good, or spectacular.  Are there other categories?  How about "sort of outstanding" or "kinda sucks?"

If Poyer, Hyde, Morse, or Brown were to become available teams would be knocking down the freaking door to sign them.  I'll add Milano and possibly Dawkins to that list.  And we haven't even mentioned the really young guys -- Allen, Singletary, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox.

I LOL at people saying the Bills are a rag-tag bunch of nobodies who are somehow pulling Ws out of their #######.

At the end of this year I believe they can starting talking to Milano (5th round pick, 4 years total and it will be the end of his 3rd year after the Super Bowl).

...I would start talking to his agent whenever they can start talking to his agent.

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

DC Tom is a legend here 

and with his reply .. you've been welcomed to the Stadium Wall

So... you got the joke? Or...erm... thank you? Do i get a plaque or badge or anything? 

beautifully executed as usual 

Well If anything my list did ..

I drew out the Negative Nancys

You may be completely shocked to hear that people that opened this thread had no idea you posted in it before entering. It's probably fair to say your list didn't draw anyone seeing as how you would have already clicked and started reading to know you posted. 

I'm just saying i've noticed a trend in your posting and there are a lot of "my", "I", etc... Not too big a deal, just saying you might want to keep an eye out for it in the future. Human growth, etc, etc... 

Conversations can sometimes just happen organically and not center around one person. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

We are talking about talent right? Where did I say I rank strength/quality of a team based on a popularity contest?

That Bills teams in 2014 and 2015 were loaded across the board at just about every position but QB. It didn’t matter much because of that lack of a QB and MOSTLY because of that moron of a HC in Rex Ryan. While not as talented as those teams, they are a MUCH better coached team taking advantage of a cakewalk schedule. 

You serious Clark?

• Haha (+1) 1

After watching Lynn and Chucky on Thursday night I can deal with one or two poor decisions by McD. 

McD calls a pretty good game most of the time. I think he is very good at coaching players and getting the most out of them. 

Chucky and Maylock have turned the Raiders around. Chucky is also a good HC but had some hiccups last night.

Lynn seems to have talented players all over that team but I think he is way out of his league when it comes to coaching. The Chargers fired their OC so you know Lynn is calling majorly of those plays. The Chargers lost last night because they were out coached. It was some of the worst offensive play calling that I’ve ever seen.

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

How many of those made the pro bowl in the last couple of seasons?

This really doesn’t carry the weight it once did. Can anyone tell every player that made the PB last year? Putting the game before the SB and creating dumbazz rules/teams from it ruined the once important PB distinction. 3rd, 4th & 5th team selections and Coaches choices make up the majority of PB rosters. Look no further that Tyrod’s 2 PBs to see how much it matters anymore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Tre White

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde
Lorenzo Alexander

Jerry Hughes

Cole Beasley
John Brown
Frank Gore
Mitch Morse

Stephen Hauschka

What a bunch of NOBODIES 

We Bills fans know and love these guys...exactly how many superstars on this years team? None? 

Things might change should this team make the playoffs and if they make it to the big dance the world will know their names. 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Tre White

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde
Lorenzo Alexander

Jerry Hughes

Cole Beasley
John Brown
Frank Gore
Mitch Morse

Stephen Hauschka

What a bunch of NOBODIES 

I'd say that's a good first year start to Beane's 3 year plan.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It feels like McD is playing chess against other coaches but he is only playing with pawns and knights while other coaches have 2 queens. 

No locker room is big enough for two queens....

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Have to disagree with this article's implication that McD is somehow outperforming; I think he has enough talent to be exactly where he is.  In a way, he might even be hurting himself with his coordinator selections as I'm not sure they're any better than mediocre.  

Miscues on special teams probably cost us the Pats game; Philly also took advantage.  Daboll, while sometimes good, negates this with dumb play calling; where the offense is probably too complex for a bunch of guys in their first or second year in the system, including a young QB.  Frazier, in my opinion, is too conservative for modern offenses and OC's; he would probably fit in better 20-25 years ago.  HC's who have a smart offensive mind, such as Pederson and Belichick, are going to run him over every game.

I think McD can get this and future teams into the playoffs, but most likely is one and done.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree (Andy Reid).

I think you are wrong.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Outside of White there really aren’t any pro-bowlers or all pros on this team this year.

Morse and Brown were FAs just this past year and were not resigned by their respective teams. I like Brown, but this is his 3rd team in 3 years so let’s not act like he’s some outstanding football player. He’s a solid #2 receiver on most teams. 

I would put Hyde right behind White and Milano behind him(outside of these past two games since he’s returned from injury)Poyer is a bit overrated here. Dawkins is still inconsistent. Def not a great LT. We all know about Edmunds struggles. 

Their overall front seven is an average at best group. Their offense is still a bottom of the league unit overall and at the WR position and at QB.

Allen really is the wild card.if he continues to develop and become a stud while adding a receiver or two they’ll be more than fine with the core players they have. 

IMO, the 2014 and 2015 Bills team was a much more talented then the team we have today. 

...and what were those teams success rates, now what ya got to say? 

Go Bills!!!

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You either didn’t read my entire post or just chose to ignore it and quote part of it... either way, none of that is surprising coming from you.

Scott you are so negative most of us ignore your constant ridicule of the team.  

I should have known better than to reply at all 

if you were not such a 

Debbie-Downer.jpg

you wouldn't get such feedback