NFL Executive: Buffalo Bills’ Sean McDermott doing the most with the least

Just now, ScottLaw said:

You know your reaching when you include the kicker.?

White is really the only really good player on that list. Everybody else is average to solid but not spectacular. The writer isn't wrong..... still waiting for this team that wants to build through the draft actually hit home runs with some of their picks. The only home run is White to this point through 3 drafts. 

I'd still like them to sign a couple stud FAs in the offseason. This team needs a boost in talent to get to the next level, IMO. 

HauschMoney is well known and a Fantasy favorite.  

Here's another interesting quote from the si article:

The lack of NFL level offensive linemen and the return of the run game/running back—with all the fantasy football and rules being made to get points up and passing yardage up, there are not enough offensive tackles for 32 teams to have at least two NFL level starters to execute the passing game at an efficient enough level to win being a "passing, greatest show on turf" type of offense. Still have to run to win. The offensive minded coaches that know how to devise ways to run the ball with lesser talent in the offensive line or when their front line OL are out are the guys that give their guys the best chance to win.”

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Looks like my point may have been missed. I guess I meant causal fans wouldn't know John Brown, they would laugh at a 36 year RB regardless of his past achievements and Poyer is best known for havinga super hot wife (outside of Buffalo)

II kow these guys are great players and they prove it week in and week out. Casual fan from Philly? Probably doesnt know these guys

I agree.

But the claim was "NFL executive says McDermott doing the most with the least"

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Delightfully Curmudgeonly Tom, you idiot.

Direct Current Tom

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

White is really the only really good player on that list. Everybody else is average to solid but not spectacular.

Just so I get this straight -- a player can be average, solid, really good, or spectacular.  Are there other categories?  How about "sort of outstanding" or "kinda sucks?"

If Poyer, Hyde, Morse, or Brown were to become available teams would be knocking down the freaking door to sign them.  I'll add Milano and possibly Dawkins to that list.  And we haven't even mentioned the really young guys -- Allen, Singletary, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox.

I LOL at people saying the Bills are a rag-tag bunch of nobodies who are somehow pulling Ws out of their #######.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It feels like McD is playing chess against other coaches but he is only playing with pawns and knights while other coaches have 2 queens. 

Would that include the Jets, Giants, Miami, Tennessee, Washington and Cincy?

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

John Brown is on 88% of fantasy teams on Yahoo! Sports. People know who he is. Let's stop with the inferiority complex for a second.

I think you mean he is owned in 88% of leagues..... or else something has one wrong somewhere....

Was up early at the office working and I was listening to ESPN radio overnight (forget who) and after Gruden's win last night they were giving him credit for his coaching job so far this year.  That was fair enough.  Then they went through about 6-7 other coaches, some rookies (Packers coach) among them and saying what good jobs they've been doing.

...noooooo mention of a guy who equaled his teams win total from last year only half way through the season and who, in ESPN's preseason estimation, was on the hottest seat in football.

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Better question is who are you. 

District of Columbia Tom, Data Courier Tom, Detective comics Tom? 

DC Tom is a legend here 

and with his reply .. you've been welcomed to the Stadium Wall

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Delightfully Curmudgeonly Tom, you idiot.

beautifully executed as usual 

Well If anything my list did ..

I drew out the Negative Nancys

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Just so I get this straight -- a player can be average, solid, really good, or spectacular.  Are there other categories?  How about "sort of outstanding" or "kinda sucks?"

If Poyer, Hyde, Morse, or Brown were to become available teams would be knocking down the freaking door to sign them.  I'll add Milano and possibly Dawkins to that list.  And we haven't even mentioned the really young guys -- Allen, Singletary, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox.

I LOL at people saying the Bills are a rag-tag bunch of nobodies who are somehow pulling Ws out of their #######.

:worthy:

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Outside of White there really aren’t any pro-bowlers or all pros on this team this year.

Are you aware of all the Pro Bowl SNUBS that happen every year ????

Pro Bowl selections are become a joke and are nothing more that a popularity contest based on clueless fans

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Have to disagree with this article's implication that McD is somehow outperforming; I think he has enough talent to be exactly where he is.  In a way, he might even be hurting himself with his coordinator selections as I'm not sure they're any better than mediocre.  

Miscues on special teams probably cost us the Pats game; Philly also took advantage.  Daboll, while sometimes good, negates this with dumb play calling; where the offense is probably too complex for a bunch of guys in their first or second year in the system, including a young QB.  Frazier, in my opinion, is too conservative for modern offenses and OC's; he would probably fit in better 20-25 years ago.  HC's who have a smart offensive mind, such as Pederson and Belichick, are going to run him over every game.

I think McD can get this and future teams into the playoffs, but most likely is one and done.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree (Andy Reid).

Edited by Happy Gilmore

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

there really aren’t any pro-bowlers 

The fact that you rank strength/quality of a team based upon a popularity contest says all I need to know.

I'm sorry Rex and Anthony Lynn (and Mike Gillislie) aren't still here to lead the uber-talented Bills to greatness.

How 'bout them JETS!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1