NFL Executive: Buffalo Bills’ Sean McDermott doing the most with the least

Choosy mothers choose Jif.

But people who understand acronyms in the English language say GIF as in game, gone, graphics.

Tell me you didn't know who John Brown and Frank Gore were before they came to Buffalo, and I'll bet you call it "JIF" because you get your education from Twitter and FaceInstabookgram.

P.S. Nano over vi or Emacs. 

Edited by timekills17
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Buffalo Bills are off to a 6-2 start in 2019. With eight games remaining this season, Buffalo has already matched their win total from one year ago and the team is currently sitting in the top Wild Card spot in the AFC.

Of course, Buffalo has had a very favorable schedule early in 2019, but that does not take away from the fact the Bills are simply winning the games that they should be winning.

One reason the Bills are winning is due to Sean McDermott.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/nfl-executive-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-doing-the-most-with-the-least.html

They still need to show they can beat playoff teams,  

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The media is playing games again, many were predicting 6-10 and now they are scrambling to justify such low expectations. So now its great coaching, next week it will be exceptional FG kicking

6-10 is still a possibility 

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That's fine.  Where am I wrong?  I'm not saying i'm right, I suppose I am looking for your thoughts.

I like McDermott more than I like some of the talent. I still think our talent particularly on offense leaves something to be desired. We don't have anyone on offense who I think is in the top ten in their position in the NFL on the offensive side of the ball. Morse and Spain are the closest but neither have yet played consistently at their best. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like McDermott more than I like some of the talent. I still think our talent particularly on offense leaves something to be desired. We don't have anyone on offense who I think is in the top ten in their position in the NFL on the offensive side of the ball. Morse and Spain are the closest but neither have yet played consistently at their best. 

True, the offense still needs some help.  Another WR and probably OT and OG.  The defense needs a DE and one tech DT, plus LB depth.

Even with an addition on offense who is in the top 10, as well as D-line help, I still think the best McD does is AFCC.  I don't think he is a SB caliber coach, at least not at this point.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

True, the offense still needs some help.  Another WR and probably OT and OG.  The defense needs a DE and one tech DT, plus LB depth.

Even with an addition on offense who is in the top 10, as well as D-line help, I still think the best McD does is AFCC.  I don't think he is a SB caliber coach, at least not at this point.

And you might be right on that. But let's judge that when he has the talent to have a chance in hell of getting there. He doesn't with this offense. 

I actually think we have a lot of really good players. McDermott is doing a really good job but I also think the media ignores the fact that we have a lot of talent. And that’s a testament to the front office and the coach for identifying the players. I would say right now Gruden is doing a lot with the least. It’s very hard to figure that the Raiders are over .500. 

10 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This is probably the only player outside of Buffalo that anyone knows/cares about

I'm not even sure they know much about Tre White TBH.

I would guess that Frank Gore would be the first player mentioned if you asked casual fans to name a Buffalo Bill.

Either way, we've improved the talent, but this remains a pretty average roster. McDermott has proven that he will eek out every win possible with the roster he's provided. Whether or not the author knows the details of the roster, I think his assessment is correct.

Just now, papazoid said:

talent = pro bowlers

bills will be lucky to get 1 starter (i'd say tre white has best chance)

therefore, it's a fair statement 6-2 record is pretty darn good while doing it with less talent

Pro bowls are greatly due to name, previous records and who gets to be on national games.  It is not all talent.

• Like (+1) 1

i reject this argument of weak opponents.

i feel its only used by people who just don't want to give the bills proper credit.

the bills are a wild card level playoff team and beating the teams they should. i agree they haven't had a so called quality win (beating somebody who is considered better)

the future is finally bright

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I actually think we have a lot of really good players. McDermott is doing a really good job but I also think the media ignores the fact that we have a lot of talent. And that’s a testament to the front office and the coach for identifying the players. I would say right now Gruden is doing a lot with the least. It’s very hard to figure that the Raiders are over .500. 

I think the Raiders have similar talent to us. Bit more on offense bit less on defense and a little younger. 

20 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The media is playing games again, many were predicting 6-10 and now they are scrambling to justify such low expectations. So now its great coaching, next week it will be exceptional FG kicking

I doubt they are scrambling or even care if their predictions are wrong...

21 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

who cares what the rest of the league thinks of john brown or Poyer? The fact is they are LEGIT great players, we have legit great players at almost half of our starting positions. 

Do we need upgrades at RT, WR2, DE? Yea for sure. The rest of the roster? Either great players or really solid starters. We aren't winning with smoke and mirrors or just because of coaching...were winning due to talent AND coaching. 

Great players ?? We have good players. Other than Tre we don’t have anyone on this team that is “great.” Brown is good. Hughes used to be good. Milano is good. Morse is very good. Hyde is very good. Teams around the league aren’t calling out our greatness in talent!! We just had so little talent in the past that now that we have good competent players we think they are great. We have a roster of depth of good talent. Greatness wins championships. Look at the core of the 90s teams. 6-7 great players at the core all going to pro bowls. We don’t have that yet. Maybe next year we will be closer. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Great players ?? We have good players. Other than Tre we don’t have anyone on this team that is “great.” Brown is good. Hughes used to be good. Milano is good. Morse is very good. Hyde is very good. Teams around the league aren’t calling out our greatness in talent!! We just had so little talent in the past that now that we have good competent players we think they are great. We have a roster of depth of good talent. Greatness wins championships. Look at the core of the 90s teams. 6-7 great players at the core all going to pro bowls. We don’t have that yet. Maybe next year we will be closer. 

I agree with this except Morse. Morse has played just above average for the Bills this year. That is still a big upgrade on the center play last year and he has been very good in the past for KC but this year..... just okay.