Who is the healthy scratch for Sunday?

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Kroft is not injured.  Was is was.  Perhaps we shouldn't dress Allen since he was injured last season.

... He broke his foot and injured his ankle already this year.  I like him as a player, considering half the board was talking about cutting this guy before him ever seeing the field i don't think im wrong here.

Edited by dneveu

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Knox peak this week was game plan related. They were going to run it a lot and his run blocking has been the best of the 3.

Agreed, he's a better run blocker than I thought he'd be. He has potential to be a pretty good all-around TE, if he can hold onto the ball.

7 minutes ago, Tortured Soul said:

Didn't Johnson not have any snaps last week? What about Johnson inactive and Oliver takes snaps at end? 

Johnson has been a weakness, doesn't pressure and shoved around vs Run.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

With a capable rushing attack and the rush defense woes, I can’t see Corey Liuget not dressing this week. And while it would blow this board up, I can’t see Oliver not dressing either. My guess is they will dress all five DTs. 
Could Lawson go further into this regime’s dog house and not dress? Could Murphy go from making zero impact on the field to zero impact on the inactive list?

Furthermore, with the inclement weather prediction will they dress three or four tight ends?
I have a feeling, they will only dress four WRs - Brown, Beasley, Duke, and Roberts. Also with a healthy Nsekhe and Ford, they might opt to sit a linemen to get Yeldon or Sweeney active. 

With the absence of Vernon, Yeldon as a receiving back could play a crucial role

9 hours ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

DT Taylor likely sits, I think, as long as Liuget is up to pace reasonably.

No way!! I hope to see Senorise Perry inactive. Need to have a decent rotation of DTs in this game because I see the Browns using Chubb and Hunt a lot

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think Foster gets the start over Williams as he's better on special teams and can run block better.  I could see a very similar gameplan this week to last, running the ball and controlling the clock

I don't know bro. Daboll calling them,anything is possible.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am really hopeing they DONT sit Duke

I don't think they are. I'm guessing they like him better as a blocker over Foster and also listed him above foster in the depth chart this week.

I think it was him still nursing his shoulder why he was out last week.

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’d actually like to see McKenzie be inactive.  Let Foster try the sweep plays.  He has enough speed to be respected 

Seriously?!? Foster never makes plays. I don’t think we will see another game without McKenzie. We may see Duke and Foster flip flop but McKenzie played 68% of the snaps last week. He’s a critical piece of the offense at this point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Even though McKenzie has shown he is good at it?

My concern with McKenzie is that he’s too small to block or contribute well on special teams.  We rarely throw to him and he’s more of a decoy.  

Since Foster can contribute on special teams as well as run block, I’d like to see him try those plays one week.  

I like Duke as the #3 out there.  

Honestly, we aren’t hitting on the deep balls and Brown is out there. 

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’d actually like to see McKenzie be inactive.  Let Foster try the sweep plays.  He has enough speed to be respected 

I’d pile on here but that seems excessive. I’ll just say “umm, no.”

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

My concern with McKenzie is that he’s too small to block or contribute well on special teams.  We rarely throw to him and he’s more of a decoy.  

Since Foster can contribute on special teams as well as run block, I’d like to see him try those plays one week.  

The problem is Robert Foster hasnt shown he can do ***** this year (well I take that back...he has shown to be a good gunner for ST)

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He had 3 targets and 3 catches last week. He has 10 catches on 11 targets this year. If anything they should be using him more. His motion and quickness opens up the running game. He’s quick. McKenzie is the only guy on the team that stretches the defense horizontally. That opens lanes for Singletary to run inside. That’s not done with pure speed. It’s done with speed AND elusiveness. That’s why teams employ “jitterbug” slot guys. It’s the quick feet.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1