AJ out indefinitely- thank god we didn't get him

8 minutes ago, Rock Pile Guy said:

I hope all those that wanted this guy will just be quiet now

Could've just put this in the multiple AJ threads, all good though. You'll learn as you get flamed and your rep count goes up. 

To your point, we'll never know the extent of his injury. I do know this, if I was on the injury list and in line for my final contract would I rush back to a winless team that just benched my QB that I'm in sync with? Maybe a change of scenery to a competitor would of helped the healing process but it was not to be. Maybe a target for us in the off-season though this upcoming draft appears to be WR deep.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure his injuries could all be healed with a different color uniform.  Great thread though.

I genuinely don't think they could. I think he might basically be done. He might go somewhere and have 600 yards and have a few TDs. But I don't think he is ever going to be a dominant player again. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I genuinely don't think they could. I think he might basically be done. He might go somewhere and have 600 yards and have a few TDs. But I don't think he is ever going to be a dominant player again. 

He would at least report to the team if his shirt wasn't orange and have the opportunity to get hurt again for real.

I'd still get em

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Right now? Not sure, I can see someone(like the Bills) giving him a solid incentive-laden deal. It's been Beanes MO to this point in FA. Taking chances on players with a history of injury.

I'm pretty sure John Brown has been out hurt more than AJ Green

12 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

AJ is broken & looking for a guaranteed multi year deal, anyone see the problem here?

I think he's being smart.  The team is 0-8, so no reason to risk further injury.  In addition Ryan Finley is his new QB and Dalton likely gone.  

He'll take this time to get healthy and get a sign a 3-4 year deal in the off season.  I think he wants to be loyal to the Bengals as he often references admiration for Fitzgerald.  However he'll get some time to see what they do with QB and make a good decision.  

I'd sign him with no hesitation.  

• Like (+1) 1