TNF - Chargers & Raiders

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Raiders may get to 10 wins. 

heck, I don’t think they are consistent enough to do it but if they simply win the games they are favored in - 11 is possible.

9-10 wins seems likely if healthy and no weird breaks. 

our easy schedule is nice too but theirs does keep pressure on. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

OAK schedule.  I'm hoping they lose at least 3.

CIN

NYJ

KC

TEN

JAX

LAC

DEN

yup. Them at 9-7 would play nice for us and not be unreasonable.

but it’s about as easy a schedule as they could hope down the stretch 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

heck, I don’t think they are consistent enough to do it but if they simply win the games they are favored in - 11 is possible.

9-10 wins seems likely if healthy and no weird breaks. 

our easy schedule is nice too but theirs does keep pressure on. 

yup. Them at 9-7 would play nice for us and not be unreasonable.

but it’s about as easy a schedule as they could hope down the stretch 

I bet the still don't make the playoffs. I think the Colts and the Bills will get those wild card slots, both with 10+ wins.

Raiders will get to 9 or 10 wins, perhaps, but I don't think it will be enough for them.

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It’s not just Rivers.  Gus Bradley went prevent and allowed Carr to easily dink his way down for the score.  Chargers get the ball back with a minute to go, three TOs, and the Raiders bring pressure and Rivers goes 0-8.  Morale of the story: Prevent defense only prevents wins!

Prevent defense I'd say is best for when you're more than 1 score up so their dinking and dunking can burn up the clock.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

as others mention - the path to a 7-4 raiders record is easy. 

Yeah I'm following, so let them have the 6th spot. Raiders grabbing the 6th is a continuation of a best possible scenario season for the Bills. I'd rather the Raiders go on a run than the Chargers or Steelers personally. I'm clearly framing this optimistically and assuming the Bills are a 5th seed lock, but it looks so good right now.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So am I.  I do have a bet with a Raider friend.  Best record get's free dinner and a night of drinks.

It would be brutal to lose to this guy.  LOL.

Good luck my friend! Hope you win for sure! If you lose.....take him out for wings and ranch dressing. A few warm beers, all is good. 

JK - Have a great time with friends whenever you can. THAT is what life is about. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I still want Ritchie back. Guy is killing it and Aikman said ( not that im a big fan of his ) he is doing things he hasn't seen since the HOFer Larry Allen.

Im believe 100% in McBeane, but they made a mistake here.

What mistake did they make?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thoughts on this game:

- here are two teams who are talented (I'd argue in both cases pretty close to the Bills talent wise) but just cannot get out of their own way. The Raiders have something of an excuse. That is a young football team with guys making the sort of mistakes young guys make. The Chargers on the other hand are a vet team whose mistakes are pretty inexcusable and some of it really comes down to coaching. A Lynn just has to do a better job.

- PFT did a skit yesterday on which of these two Quarterbacks was more likely to be back with their team next year and at the time I thought.... "duh, both of them." You know what, PFT might be onto something....

- Austin Ekeler needs to get the ball more. The guy just makes plays.

- Remember when everyone thought Mike Mayock was just one of those talking heads off the TV.... his rebuilding job in Oakland looks pretty good. Ferrell had a great night, Hunter Renfrow was a good pick, Josh Jacobs looks legit Jonathan Abram (who was my favourite of their three 1st round picks) is on IR but will be back next year, Mullen the 2nd round corner from Clemson is now in the line up.... yes the AB thing was a disaster and the Trent Brown signing hasn't quite worked out yet but those moves aside Mayock has done a really nice job.

- Have I mentioned I hate the extra point thing.....? Yea I really hate it. If the Chargers go down and score a FG at the end the Raiders should not lose on a missed XP. It just feels like a totally naff and manufactured way to decide a football game. I'd either do away with the XP completely or make it a compulsory 2 point try.

- This was the right result for the Buffalo Bills. Oakland does not have the maturity yet to win 10 games. The Chargers were the ones who might have made a run.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thoughts on this game:

- here are two teams who are talented (I'd argue in both cases pretty close to the Bills talent wise) but just cannot get out of their own way. The Raiders have something of an excuse. That is a young football team with guys making the sort of mistakes young guys make. The Chargers on the other hand are a vet team whose mistakes are pretty inexcusable and some of it really comes down to coaching. A Lynn just has to do a better job.

- PFT did a skit yesterday on which of these two Quarterbacks was more likely to be back with their team next year and at the time I thought.... "duh, both of them." You know what, PFT might be onto something....

- Austin Ekeler needs to get the ball more. The guy just makes plays.

- Remember when everyone thought Mike Mayock was just one of those talking heads off the TV.... his rebuilding job in Oakland looks pretty good. Ferrell had a great night, Hunter Renfrow was a good pick, Josh Jacobs looks legit Jonathan Abram (who was my favourite of their three 1st round picks) is on IR but will be back next year, Mullen the 2nd round corner from Clemson is now in the line up.... yes the AB thing was a disaster and the Trent Brown signing hasn't quite worked out yet but those moves aside Mayock has done a really nice job.

- Have I mentioned I hate the extra point thing.....? Yea I really hate it. If the Chargers go down and score a FG at the end the Raiders should not lose on a missed XP. It just feels like a totally naff and manufactured way to decide a football game. I'd either do away with the XP completely or make it a compulsory 2 point try.

- This was the right result for the Buffalo Bills. Oakland does not have the maturity yet to win 10 games. The Chargers were the ones who might have made a run.

One thing I noticed: their rookie DL can actually lay a hand on the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I still want Ritchie back. Guy is killing it and Aikman said ( not that im a big fan of his ) he is doing things he hasn't seen since the HOFer Larry Allen.

Im believe 100% in McBeane, but they made a mistake here.

I still don't know what the heck happened there.  He agrees to the pay cut and then retires due to health concerns.  He then says that the pay cut is BS and throws a weight at a guy for being on his playground at the gym.  He then wanted the funeral home to cut his dead father's head off.  Now he's back to being an above average guard for the Raiders.  I'm thinking there was a medicine dosage problem.

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

One thing I noticed: their rookie DL can actually lay a hand on the QB.

He has fewer QB Hits than Oliver fwiw and before last night had the same number of sacks. I like Ferrell though, I was maybe the only guy here not surprised he went top 10.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I still don't know what the heck happened there.  He agrees to the pay cut and then retires due to health concerns.  He then says that the pay cut is BS and throws a weight at a guy for being on his playground at the gym.  He then wanted the funeral home to cut his dead father's head off.  Now he's back to being an above average guard for the Raiders.  I'm thinking there was a medicine dosage problem.

Richie is not a well man. And he is still struggling with it. These episodes happen with guys suffering from mental ill health. I don't think it was the Bills fault, or Richie's fault particularly. It is just something that happens.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The Chargers on the other hand are a vet team whose mistakes are pretty inexcusable and some of it really comes down to coaching. A Lynn just has to do a better job.

Woooooo, them's fightin' words to some in these parts!