Jump to content
Bronxbomber21

TNF - Chargers & Raiders

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply typing, "I LOVE TYROD!"

 

There is no circumstance under which Philip Rivers would EVER be benched in favor of Tyrod ***** Taylor.

 

You could have saved yourself some time and just responded with "I HATE TYROD!"

 

Maybe I do, but what did I say that was invalid? 

 

Now their season is probably over thanks in large part to Phillip Rivers.

Edited by reddogblitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

 

You could have saved yourself some time and just responded with "I HATE TYROD!"

 

Maybe I do, but what did I say that was invalid? 

 

Now their season is probably over thanks in large part to Phillip Rivers.

 

Rivers isn't the reason they are 4-6.  He had a very bad game last night.  It happens.  But you don't bench Philip Rivers for Tyrod Taylor.  Ever.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Rivers isn't the reason they are 4-6.  He had a very bad game last night.  It happens.  But you don't bench Philip Rivers for Tyrod Taylor.  Ever.

 

Maybe you don't LOL.

 

This isn't necessarily a Rivers vs Hotrod thing.

 

Why can't you bench a QB when he is having a bad game?  I have never understood this concept in the NFL.  College coaches do it.  Think of college championship game last year.  But NFL coaches won't do it. If an RB fumbles you take him out.  Think Yeldon.  If a punt returner muffs one, you take him out.  Think Ray Ray.  But QBs, never.  Why?  If it will ruin a guy's confidence to do it then he didn't have very much to begin with.

 

Any idea why this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Rivers isn't the reason they are 4-6.  He had a very bad game last night.  It happens.  But you don't bench Philip Rivers for Tyrod Taylor.  Ever.

This statement, not that long ago, would have been very controversial around here.  I'm talking about when Tyrod was our starting QB and a large portion of this board believed in him.

 

At that time, I was saying he is a career backup and we need a new QB.

 

I wonder who long it will take for the same shift of opinion to happen here with regard to Josh Allen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This statement, not that long ago, would have been very controversial around here.  I'm talking about when Tyrod was our starting QB and a large portion of this board believed in him.

 

At that time, I was saying he is a career backup and we need a new QB.

 

I wonder who long it will take for the same shift of opinion to happen here with regard to Josh Allen.

 

 

 

I think there's a handful of TBDers who are already convinced and they make that abundantly clear every chance they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders won the mack trade. they got jacobs. another first rounder this year and 3 3rds. had $ for trent brown whose been the back tackle in nfl this year, lamarcus joyner and tyrell williams and will still be top 5 in cap come next season. they are def going in the right direction. just being real if they had our schedule they might be 7-1. very worst same as us but they went thru most brutal road stretch ever and until last week had 50 days away from home. and went to london vs 3-1 bears, @minn @GB @houston which they really had

 

bears are bottom 5 in cap space with no picks. they will only lose players and cant sign anyone with mack making big qb money

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Anyone else watch that game and think that the Bills would very likely beat either of those teams even on the road?

 

raiders would be tough. we havent beat a single good team yet. have beaten the garbage of the garbage. oakland and chargers would both be tough

Edited by FreeMaxB585
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

 

I have no idea what the heck their plan was right there. He kept going long, trying to get it all in one go instead of taking some underneath throws and allowing his guys to get some YAC. Raiders were playing deep, keeping everything in front of them, Chargers definitely had time (and three timeouts) to dink and dunk a little bit. 


Anthony Lynn’s famous “prevent offense”...

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

It felt like Rivers and the LAC thought they needed a TD didn't it?  You got one of the best FG kickers in the league, get the 35yds and go home.


What they needed was more than 10 penalty yards on 8 plays

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anthony Lynn’s famous “prevent offense”...

 

Haha, that's a good name for it. It was just kinda mind-boggling that they kept trying such low percentage throws when it didn't take a genius to see that the Raiders were prepared to give up yards underneath. And they only needed a field goal. I guess I can see now why Whisenhunt got the boot, someone's gotta be the fall guy, but that's Lynn's scheme and it ain't working despite a franchise QB, pretty good RB, and some excellent pass catchers. I know the OL is an issue too but you'd think they'd at least be a bit better given the talent they have. Anyone think Lynn will be ousted if he misses the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

 

Haha, that's a good name for it. It was just kinda mind-boggling that they kept trying such low percentage throws when it didn't take a genius to see that the Raiders were prepared to give up yards underneath. And they only needed a field goal. I guess I can see now why Whisenhunt got the boot, someone's gotta be the fall guy, but that's Lynn's scheme and it ain't working despite a franchise QB, pretty good RB, and some excellent pass catchers. I know the OL is an issue too but you'd think they'd at least be a bit better given the talent they have. Anyone think Lynn will be ousted if he misses the playoffs?


I said it at the top of the season.  Lynn’s a bum.  He’s got to go.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Least surprising thing was the disorganized, deer in headlights series that was the last offensive possession for the chargers. I remember it well, A Lynn. Maybe if Rivers wasn’t commuting hours back and forth to practice in his Winnebago so he doesn’t have to relo his commune to Orange County (gasp) he would have more time to prepare with the team. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to watch this last night but couldn't do it, it was not an enjoyable game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Least surprising thing was the disorganized, deer in headlights series that was the last offensive possession for the chargers. I remember it well, A Lynn. Maybe if Rivers wasn’t commuting hours back and forth to practice in his Winnebago so he doesn’t have to relo his commune to Orange County (gasp) he would have more time to prepare with the team. 

 

Isn't he watching game film the whole time he's commuting?   That seems like a good use of time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden has the Raiders in a nice spot. Extra draft capital coming from the Bears, a good amount of cap space, you are already paying your QB so no need to plan for a future cap charge, and a coach/GM being allowed to build their vision. They might not make the playoffs but they are developing a young core of players along with vets with gas in the tank that could have them ready to be a serious player in 2020 in Vegas. They have 2 first round picks and 2 third round picks (although no 2nd rounder) to supplement a young core. While also having enough cap space to add some quality players. They could easily finish with 8-9 wins on the season and have an avenue to add to that roster. I didn't expect much from Gruden (I thought he would be out in 4-5 years with maybe one winning season) but he might be setting up the Raiders for sustained success for at least the next 2-3 seasons. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

 

Haha, that's a good name for it. It was just kinda mind-boggling that they kept trying such low percentage throws when it didn't take a genius to see that the Raiders were prepared to give up yards underneath. And they only needed a field goal. I guess I can see now why Whisenhunt got the boot, someone's gotta be the fall guy, but that's Lynn's scheme and it ain't working despite a franchise QB, pretty good RB, and some excellent pass catchers. I know the OL is an issue too but you'd think they'd at least be a bit better given the talent they have. Anyone think Lynn will be ousted if he misses the playoffs?

 

I don't know I think Roman great running game design helped Lynn get a HC job. Some friends called me crazy told them when Roman or his playbook left McCoy would fall slowly. 

 

Roman is the best run game designer in the league. Gave Bellichick fits. It's why i'm glad we'll play them in a few weeks. Hopefully someone figures out how to stop there running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lurker said:

 

Isn't he watching game film the whole time he's commuting?   That seems like a good use of time...

You would think, but 3-6

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers throws last night reminded me of crap you see at flag football games played at local parks on weekends. I think his window of playing in a super bowl was last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn’s job was put in the toaster the day he tried to outsmart BB by wearing a hoodie in sub zero temps. What a joker. Rivers also needs to go. 

Edited by CommonCents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

 

Maybe you don't LOL.

 

This isn't necessarily a Rivers vs Hotrod thing.

 

Why can't you bench a QB when he is having a bad game?  I have never understood this concept in the NFL.  College coaches do it.  Think of college championship game last year.  But NFL coaches won't do it. If an RB fumbles you take him out.  Think Yeldon.  If a punt returner muffs one, you take him out.  Think Ray Ray.  But QBs, never.  Why?  If it will ruin a guy's confidence to do it then he didn't have very much to begin with.

 

Any idea why this is?

Coaches don’t want a QB controversy undermining the team, ever.  Anytime you put the backup QB in without injury, this could happen as it happens even with an injury. The QB is just too important of a position for there to be any doubt about who “ the guy “ is. Once you make a move to sit the starting QB in favor of another , he’s all but done as your leader. That’s just how it is. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Coaches don’t want a QB controversy undermining the team, ever.  Anytime you put the backup QB in without injury, this could happen as it happens even with an injury. The QB is just too important of a position for there to be any doubt about who “ the guy “ is. Once you make a move to sit the starting QB in favor of another , he’s all but done as your leader. That’s just how it is. 

 

thanks for responding.  Evidently you are right since that's what they all do.

 

last night 🌙 though their season was on the line and possibly even Coach Lynn's job.  Your QB is turning the football 🏈 over in mass quantities.  Seems to me anyway you might want to change course to save the season as opposed to going down with the ship like Coach Lynn did. As it stands, their season is probably over unless they win out.  Odds would be a lot better at 5-5.

 

But, that's what football 🏈 do.  I don't understand it. Maybe it's a jock thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...