TNF - Chargers & Raiders

42 minutes ago, Chill said:

Dude. You need to familiarize yourself with SD.  When was the last time you were here, 1980?

I work all over the city six days a week. 

Perhaps I stereotyped the population a bit. But there are entire cities like Escondido, Poway, Del Mar, San Ysidro, El Cajon etc. where 9 out of 10 people do not care about the NFL. 

You must be talking about the huge NFL fan presence in Santee and Rancho Bernardo. Haha!

Edited by leonbus23

44 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

Most of the city doesn't care. People immediately  south and east of the 8 are yuppies and hipsters. Go more east and south and people like soccer. Go north of the 8 a few miles and people are multicultural rich folk who barely know what the NFL is. By the beaches from La Jolla north are more rich folk who love money, cars, plastic surgery and clothes, but not the NFL. There are microscopic pockets of people who live near Qualcomm who may still like the Chargers. This place is too superficial even for the NFL! But the weather is great. 

Didn’t Josh Allen said he loved S. Cali because no one cared about football there so he could just train and do his thing?

1 minute ago, r00tabaga said:

How do you have a TE like Henry, then Gordon & Ekeler, MWilliams & Keenan Allen and not score all the time?

Good question.  Rivers doesn't get sacked a lot since he gets rid of the ball quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Chargers are such a weird team

They are so clumsy looking 

Rivers has always had an awkward look about him. His mechanics are awkward and he throws a lot of duck-looking balls but somehow he keeps getting it done.

I'm late bringing this up, since the Chargers just took a lead. But it's smarter to kick a field goal than go for it on 4th. We would have at least took the Pats to OT if we kicked that 4th and goal at the 2. Because the Chargers for the 3 earlier they had the backup option of tying the game. Take the points.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm late bringing this up, since the Chargers just took a lead. But it's smarter to kick a field goal than go for it on 4th. We would have at least took the Pats to OT if we kicked that 4th and goal at the 2. Because the Chargers for the 3 earlier they had the backup option of tying the game. Take the points.

Don’t analytics say different?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

im not sure the chargers are the team to make that point with 

I’m happy with a good game worth watching. This is rare for me these days. I admit 95%+ of my watching is Bills games these days. It goes up as the season goes on, but I no longer watch every minute of every game I can get. But I do watch more CFB than I did a couple decades ago.