TNF - Chargers & Raiders

Both teams are trending up. I think the Chargers will be more lethal down the stretch, but we've seen this time and time again where the Chargers are a strong team that can't quite dig themselves out of an early hole. Chargers still have the Chiefs twice and the Vikings, so I'll take the Chargers in this one hoping that they finish somewhere around 8-8 or 9-7. Don't think it makes much of a difference as long as we keep winning.

8 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Being a Bills fan who do we root for in tonights matchup? Im thinking the Raiders because the Chargers can get hot and go on a run. Then again the Raiders have the weeker schedule going forward....

Logic dictates you want the team with the worse record to win.  

Just now, DCOrange said:

I'm rooting for a tie or Raiders loss in terms of the Bills playoff chances.

Though I must admit it makes me happy seeing Gruden have success after the way he's been trashed so much.

I do to as I was impressed with the way he handled the AB debacle.  Maybe they'll play the Pats in Foxboro in the snow come playoff time.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

100% going for the Chargers tonight.   They have the harder schedule going forward.  Need Oakland to lose as many AFC games as possible.

Chargers are legit. They are a much different team with Ingram, Henry and a now healthy Williams. 

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

100% going for the Chargers tonight.   They have the harder schedule going forward.  Need Oakland to lose as many AFC games as possible.

Remaining SoS

# 11     LA Chargers   .5417

# 31    Oakland   .371

Raiders 8th seed, Chargers 11th seed  

If you are curious about other teams -  look in the playoff thread 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

33 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Being a Bills fan who do we root for in tonights matchup? Im thinking the Raiders because the Chargers can get hot and go on a run. Then again the Raiders have the weeker schedule going forward....

Want Chargers to give Raiders their 5th loss

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rooting for the Raiders.  Chargers have the talent to go on a run.

I think the other way.  Root for the Chargers.  They have Kansas City (2x) and the Vikes on their schedule and don't count out the Jags.

Oakland on the other hand has the Bengals, Jets, Titans, and Broncos.  Overall easier schedule.

Oakland loss evens things up, two 4-5 teams tied for 2nd in that division instead of another 5-4 team

You want Chargers....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/buffalo-bills-nfl-playoff-picture.html#&

A Chargers win is slightly better for the Bills 

A Raiders win is slightly worse for the Bills

End of the day it rally doesnt matter IF the Bills win the next three they are at 97% to make the playoffs

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Neither. Whoever wins this game, route for the opposite team in week 16. or don't because so much can happen between now and the end of the year. I have a hard time worrying too much about teams that are 2-3 games behind the bills. Rather focus on teams that are ahead of us or just slightly behind us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Neither. Whoever wins this game, route for the opposite team in week 16. or don't because so much can happen between now and the end of the year. I have a hard time worrying too much about teams that are 2-3 games behind the bills. Rather focus on teams that are ahead of us or just slightly behind us.

Yeah but it never hurts to get some extra help 

For this game (they still play each other again later in the year) I'm hoping Raiders loss.

Chargers have KC twice and MIN still on the schedule.

Raiders have KC once and a much easier schedule.

All that being said it's still a good thing that someone will lose or a tie would be even better.