Cowboys SoS- 32nd Defense- 30th Offense

Mango

I'm still pretty worried about how this team will stack up against the Cowboys on the road.

I mean home or away we struggle against most teams, but a team with a strong O-line, top 5 RB, and very good QB seems like it'll give us serious problems, especially if we can't establish our own run game & somehow hold them to under 20 points.

The Cowboys schedule has been pretty easy like ours, but they're averaging just over 28 points a game while we're averaging 19.75. And as another board member posted earlier this week, the Bills under McDermott are 3-17 when the opponent scores 20 or more points, so that's pretty concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Because they probably won’t. Dallas has a great O line and an amazing running back. What about that makes you think our defense can have a good day?

not to mention our offense has a tough time scoring. 

Washington had a very good OL and our D allowed nine points and shut down the run in the second half after they got their run fits straightened out.

It'll depend how they execute, but they've got a legit shot at having a good day for the defense.

Agreed that the offense has a tough time scoring.

23 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Washington had a very good OL and our D allowed nine points and shut down the run in the second half after they got their run fits straightened out.

It'll depend how they execute, but they've got a legit shot at having a good day for the defense.

While I’m not a Dak fan I do think he is better at this point than Haskins and the Dallas receivers are better than what Washington’s. It’s going to be a tough game. The Bills could win it. It would help the Thanksgiving meal taste a ton better. 

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We didn't really get our run fits sorted as such though. We made scheme changes which have a negative impact on the pass defense. Now that was fine playing Dwayne Haskins and Paul Richardson. Will it be as fine against Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper?

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We didn't really get our run fits sorted as such though. We made scheme changes which have a negative impact on the pass defense. Now that was fine playing Dwayne Haskins and Paul Richardson. Will it be as fine against Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper?

Kind of my thought. 

Amari hasn’t really been as much a focal point this year, but Dallas has weapons for Dak to find. 

Defensive matchups that bother me
 - Wallace will be against either Gallup or Randle Cobb
 - Poyer always having to lookout for Dak to run

- Milano vs. Witten
 - Edmunds vs. Frederick

None of those involve Elliott. He's really good. NFL is all about your QB and stopping the other one.

Speaking of, please please please don't let Josh Allen mess up and get a reputation of loosing it in nationally televised games. If anything ruins the Bills, it would be that. QB league.

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, Mango said:

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

Interesting, I wonder how that compares or correlates to "strength of schedule"?

On 11/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, eball said:

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

How so ? Until these eyes see different this run D is getting pounded like a two dollar whure on nickel night. That Dallas team is built to run the ball it will be a Thanksgiving day Miracle if they don't hang 200 yards rushing on us . I don't want that to be the case but I need to see this sieve plugged before I think differently.

Edited by BeefCurtns

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

How so ? Until these eyes see different this run D is getting pounded like a two dollar whure on nickel night. That Dallas team is built to run the ball it will be a Thanksgiving day Miracle if they don't hang 200 yards rushing on us . I don't want that to be the case but I need to see this sieve plugged before I think differently.

Dude, find me an NFL coach who thinks playing Buffalo is a “week off.” I’ll wait. 

Just a moronic post. Sorry, but I call it like I see it. 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, Augie said:

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

Wrong holiday, but this classic just popped into my mind...

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Wrong holiday, but this classic just popped into my mind...

Yep, that’s pretty much what I’m afraid of. BUT, I think I might do it better, since I won’t be acting! 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

Dude, find me an NFL coach who thinks playing Buffalo is a “week off.” I’ll wait. 

Just a moronic post. Sorry, but I call it like I see it. 

Call it what you want but . After Thanksgiving I'll be happy to revisit and for the Bills sake I hope I have to eat my hat but this run D sucks right now. That's the point I tried to make. No smart coach in the league would ever say anyone is a week off. But crappy run Defense goes up against a team that can can run the ball well ...what do you think is going to happen?

On 11/7/2019 at 10:14 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

What we really need is Dallas to beat New England on the Sunday before Thanksgiving which is definitely possible...as the Cowboys particularly under Jason Garrett play their worst games when people start believing in them...it’s when no one expects them to win they become very dangerous just ask the Eagles 

Best case is Cowboys get a big Pats win and get all cocky and we beat them in Dallas. That would be a killer week for us. 

On 11/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, Bangarang said:

Their running game will be a problem and will probably open up the rest of their offense. Not a good matchup for us right now.

5 quarters of bad run D really has an impact on most, huh? Still being 3rd in pts against. I cant wait until Sunday